Mother 3 Save Lost

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by PygmyBBQ, Oct 19, 2008.

Oct 19, 2008

Mother 3 Save Lost by PygmyBBQ at 1:26 AM (2,233 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. PygmyBBQ
    OP

Newcomer PygmyBBQ Newbie

United States
    So I was playing Mother 3 for a long while last night on Visual Boy Advance. I play primarily with in game saves only (I avoid game states). I got a little ways into the game, saved and retired for the night. Today I'm surprised to find my newest saves, non-existent. Like the saves I had from that gaming session disappeared. It seems the saves I had before starting the emulator up last night were still there, but not the saves from that session. Anyone have similar experiences? Is there a way I can recover these saves, or does anyone have a save or state they can share to help me salvage my Mother 3 experience? (beginning of chapter 2). Thanks

2. Earthbound2

Newcomer Earthbound2 Member

United States
    Wow I have a feeling there's a problem with the patch since I experienced the exact same thing for my M3 GBA Expansion. The save file was there, it saved and loaded perfectly, I restarted to check if it were there, It was.. Slept, woke up, came back to Mother 3 eventually, and then I find only two options selectable which were "NEW" and "MUSIC PLAYER"..

I tried shipping it over to VBA to see if it could magically find my .sav file (Which was still remaining there, I must add!) yet the same thing, only allowing me to listen to the Mother 3 tunes or start a new game..

I have no idea how to fix this problem as of yet, but i'm going to experiment with the save patch and stuff... You should try other things to.
    Good luck [​IMG]

3. the_joeba

Member the_joeba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just got an AK2i and went back to playing my 28hour mother 3 save. It erased the file. My heart is broken. I was just to the end. I found a file on gamefaqs that I will play to beat the end, but it still hurts.