Mother 3 Save Lost

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by PygmyBBQ, Oct 19, 2008.

1. PygmyBBQ
    OP

PygmyBBQ Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    So I was playing Mother 3 for a long while last night on Visual Boy Advance. I play primarily with in game saves only (I avoid game states). I got a little ways into the game, saved and retired for the night. Today I'm surprised to find my newest saves, non-existent. Like the saves I had from that gaming session disappeared. It seems the saves I had before starting the emulator up last night were still there, but not the saves from that session. Anyone have similar experiences? Is there a way I can recover these saves, or does anyone have a save or state they can share to help me salvage my Mother 3 experience? (beginning of chapter 2). Thanks

2. Earthbound2

Earthbound2 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Wow I have a feeling there's a problem with the patch since I experienced the exact same thing for my M3 GBA Expansion. The save file was there, it saved and loaded perfectly, I restarted to check if it were there, It was.. Slept, woke up, came back to Mother 3 eventually, and then I find only two options selectable which were "NEW" and "MUSIC PLAYER"..

I tried shipping it over to VBA to see if it could magically find my .sav file (Which was still remaining there, I must add!) yet the same thing, only allowing me to listen to the Mother 3 tunes or start a new game..

I have no idea how to fix this problem as of yet, but i'm going to experiment with the save patch and stuff... You should try other things to.
    Good luck [​IMG]

3. the_joeba

the_joeba GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2005
    United States
    Fargo, ND
    I just got an AK2i and went back to playing my 28hour mother 3 save. It erased the file. My heart is broken. I was just to the end. I found a file on gamefaqs that I will play to beat the end, but it still hurts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice