More possible 3DS developers/games- NIS, Castlevania, Okami

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even after the huge lineup of games and game developers announced at E3 pledging support for the Nintendo 3DS, there are more popping up showing interest in the system, or thinking about bringing previously unannounced games to the system. Have a look at all the possible developers and games you didn't see at E3-

Igarashi from Konami/Castlevania (via 1up)-
"While he wouldn't go into specifics, he (Igarashi) mentioned that he has other Castlevania projects in the works, and that if he develops another portable entry in the series he'd like to see it on 3DS. [/p]
NIS America (via Siliconera)-
"Haru Akenaga, President of NIS America, confirmed to Siliconera they received a Nintendo 3DS development kit. No specific 3DS titles have been announced. But, since NIS America is working with the 3D handheld we totally expect a Disgaea game to popup on the platform someday." [/p]
Nintendo Life interview with Motohide Eshiro-
"As for as a new Okami title on the 3DS, first of all I want to put all of my efforts into getting Okamiden out and into the public consciousness. I mainly hope the public reaction to Okamiden is good and that fans like it. Hopefully if the reaction is good enough and fans want to see another game we can look at possibly developing an Okamiden game for the 3DS. We're certainly not ruling it out." [/p]
And although it was previously posted this week in user submitted news by markvn, i wanted to put it here for a more complete list. Thanks to markvn for getting it posted first!
wink.gif

Interview with Hideki Konno, director of Luigi's Mansion and many another game *Yoshi's Island and more* (from IGN)-
"I think Luigi's Mansion, that I created for GameCube, would be a good game for the 3DS. The lighting of the game, and the dollhouse-like environment of the game I think would be very suitable for 3D. I think the depth and the width of the environments, like a box, that we had in Luigi's Mansion would be a very good match for the effects of the 3DS. [/p]
Of course, a lot of these things are just hopes and dreams for now, but it gives us a few new promised developers for the system as well as some fair confirmation from Igarashi that we'll see more Castlevania games on the 3DS. Hopefully all these hopes and dreams come to past. More awesomeness for the 3DS! :yay3ds:

List of sources-

Hideki Konno- http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099199p1.html
Igarashi- http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3179951
NIS America- http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/21/nis-a...-3ds-developer/
Capcom's Motohide Eshiro on Okami- http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2010/06/e3...okamiden_capcom
Thanks to markvn for the original Luigi's Mansion 3D topic- http://gbatemp.net/t234061-luigi-s-mansion-3ds

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea 3D possibly? That'd be pretty cool; though, I've always wondered what a 3D "isometric tactics game" like Disgaea or FFA2 would look like. I mean, I'm sure that they wouldn't make everything in 3D - maybe just spells and the tag team attacks? Oh well.

It's great to see that so many developers are on board. It'd be great to see some more western developers, too.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Luigi's Mansion port isn't confirmed, but there is interest. Just don't get your hopes up just yet. We'll see how the tide turns in the future. Apparently Konno had a huge part in the hardware production of the 3DS though.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just because the name is "3DS", they're not obligued to make 3D games, they can still make 2D games with 3D effect (which is different from 3D graphics).

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought NIS had declared bankruptcy?
unsure.gif

Rydian said:
I wonder how castlevania work work in 3D. Third person behind vew, or platform?
Maybe like Castlevania Judgment, or that 3D Castlevania title for the PS3... Would be pretty cool but also difficult.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
I'm all for another Okami, I loved Okami on the PS2 (still have my copy) and I'm highly anticipating Okamiden for my DSL. A 3DS Okami.. omg, the beauty of it all *_*.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone that developed DS titles will probably do something on the 3DS, I can see it appealing more to developers than the DS.

I'm just worried that we'll get the same versions as what the Wii & PSP get. I've always considered Nintendo's handhelds to give us something different game to what the other consoles get.

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaydrian said:
Everyone that developed DS titles will probably do something on the 3DS, I can see it appealing more to developers than the DS.

I'm just worried that we'll get the same versions as what the Wii & PSP get. I've always considered Nintendo's handhelds to give us something different game to what the other consoles get.

this is true, the DS couldn't produce graphics like the rest of the consoles so developers were forced to create a new experience, the 3ds doesn't have that but i think developers will be very excited about developing in stereo 3d, and also using the ridiculous power of this console, i personally can't wait to see what else homebrew developers may create, if they put a powerful enough processor in this thing we may even see dreamcast emulation

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit more worried that developers will simply skip over the Wii and develop for the 3DS instead. I mean, is the following a good thing?
Example:
New Call of Duty Game
Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, PC

Granted, I doubt this will last long - Nintendo's surely got a new console coming out within the next few years, but still, I think it would rub some gamers the wrong way. Not that I care too much, though.

QUOTE said:
Ha! Disgaea ignored the hardware shift from PS2 to PS3, why would the creators bother about 3D?

Because Disagea's shift from PS2 to DS didn't - it made use of the dual screens and touch screen input (however minimal it may be.) I'd imagine that if NIS were to make/remake/port over a Disgaea game for the 3DS, it'd feature some kind of 3D.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I'm a bit more worried that developers will simply skip over the Wii and develop for the 3DS instead. I mean, is the following a good thing?

The Wii has the largest install user base of any of the big 3 consoles this gen so I don't think that will happen.

OGTiago

Trophies
Website
google.pt
XP
Country
754boy said:
Windaga said:

The Wii has the largest install user base of any of the big 3 consoles this gen so I don't think that will happen.
Yet so many big franchises that missed the Wii are making their way to 3DS.

True RE game, and a MGS game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol