Status
Not open for further replies.

More Info Regarding Switch (Mariko/Lite) Mods by Team-Xecuter

ub3r1337's first impressions from a direct demo of TX upcoming new hardware mods!
SXMODS.png

ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch. :)

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon :) They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brick code is here only to prevent from copy
If you don’t touch their code, you don’t need to worry about the brick code
It could be triggered on a """"legit""""" copy under the right circumstances.
And they could've instead made it, oh, I don't know, just not boot or give an error instead of bricking the system

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still defending brick code meaning you are saying its ok for TX to brick consoles. The fact that you see nothing wrong with that is terrifying to say the least.

And Gateway's brick code was presumably intended for the same purpose and well, innocent consoles were hurt. While users were lucky no one ended up bricked, it still doesn't change the fact that TX was willing to brick people's consoles.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Not a bug.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Error_003

"IOS tries to encrypt a certain byte pattern with the Korean key and then compares it with hard coded values, if the result matches it returns 0 which will then trigger the error in the System Menu."

100% intentional.

Encrypt with Korean key, if it matches, get fucked.
Not sure what they mean with "certain byte pattern" but sounds intentional. Then this is definitely a dick move.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got no horse in this race.

But I do wonder what people want "for proof" a picture of a chip attached to a board? I could do that in three minutes, and it not be anything.

A video? Well that's... Not much proof of anything or do I need to go back to Switch 5.0 firmware update video that so many people were sure was real, or any number of leaked Wii U hacks that turned out to be fake.

Again.. No horse in this race, I just wonder what people want as proof as either major version of "proof" can easily be fake.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I've got no horse in this race.

But I do wonder what people want "for proof" a picture of a chip attached to a board? I could do that in three minutes, and it not be anything.

A video? Well that's... Not much proof of anything or do I need to go back to Switch 5.0 firmware update video that so many people were sure was real, or any number of leaked Wii U hacks that turned out to be fake.

Again.. No horse in this race, I just wonder what people want as proof as either major version of "proof" can easily be fake.
That to this date an unhackable switch got hacked.

Remamber that 5.0 fw video was, well, fw video. It didn't show any hardware, OS only. That's arguably easier to fake compared to a moving switch lite running cfw.
Just show a clear picture/video of Switch Lite running CFW or whatever they are actually doing.
It's not that hard if they already have it.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Thekidpash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
From the announcement on their Discord server:
//
Keep your eyes peeled here for that big news everyone has been waiting for. We are getting closer and closer to revealing what everyone has been waiting for.

Welcome back, everyone!
//

Hope this turns out to be legit

Reactions: Deleted User

xadra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Interesting, someone has an invitation link of their discord ?

I think this is their webpage: https://team-xecuter.com/ . Inside there's a link to the discord server.

--

Announcements channel said:
Keep your eyes peeled here for that big news everyone has been waiting for. We are getting closer and closer to revealing what everyone has been waiting for.

TX member? said:
we will be releasing new info very soon

This is the second time (if we don't count the announcement post) they are building hype for the modchip. I don't know you, but I'm tired of it. What means soon at this point?

I'm kind of new following scene news.. it's normal to make this type of posts and release the method nearly 2 months after the initial announcement.

Last edited by xadra,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love how the Team-Xecuter fanboys/shills try to make excuses about the brick code that was once discovered in their "software." There was no excuse for that code being there, even if it was absolutely impossible that it could ever be triggered. None.

Not sure what they mean with "certain byte pattern" but sounds intentional. Then this is definitely a dick move.

I've heard this claim before about Nintendo and Korean Wii's, and am still not convinced that Nintendo intentionally bricked consoles in that situation. When Nintendo works on official System Menu/firmware updates, I don't think they are going to go out of their way to make sure that unofficial modifications (like region-changing your Wii) retain compatibility (and I don't think that they have any obligation to do so). They are only concerned that official software works without issue. Just because one of their updates caused a brick on a modified console, that does not necessarily prove that Nintendo did it intentionally. Now, if Nintendo had deliberately designed System Menu 4.2 and higher to brick modified Korean Wii's, and tested those System Menu updates to ensure that it would do that, then that would be a different story. I don't think that explanation on Wiibrew proves intent on Nintendo's part (or maybe I'm not understanding it correctly). If someone has a more detailed explanation on what exactly is going on there, I would love to read about it, however.

It's like Nintendo says in their EULA...

After the Console is updated or changed (including without limitation in connection with an Update), any existing or future unauthorized modification of the Console or Software, or the use of an unauthorized device in connection with the Console, may render the Console and/or Software permanently unusable.

Reactions: mathew77

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I'm kind of new following scene news.. it's normal to make this type of posts and release the method nearly 2 months after the initial announcement.

It always takes time, looking back at the original first launch, it was teased on Jan 2nd, 2018 - then a bit more news on May 14 that its coming, with a list of features and faqs over the following next few days, then silent again for almost a month, come Jun 2, 2018 we finally see pics of SX Pro so that was 5 months after the first original tease, before we seen what the dongle looked like, and almost a month after that before it was in hands of people and sx os was first demo'ed.

So yes, to answer your question it does take time, it should be faster than before compared to original first launch, but yeah, slow waiting for news is always the problem.

Reactions: peteruk and xadra

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I love how the Team-Xecuter fanboys/shills try to make excuses about the brick code that was once discovered in their "software." There was no excuse for that code being there, even if it was absolutely impossible that it could ever be triggered. None.

I've heard this claim before about Nintendo and Korean Wii's, and am still not convinced that Nintendo intentionally bricked consoles in that situation. When Nintendo works on official System Menu/firmware updates, I don't think they are going to go out of their way to make sure that unofficial modifications (like region-changing your Wii) retain compatibility (and I don't think that they have any obligation to do so). They are only concerned that official software works without issue. Just because one of their updates caused a brick on a modified console, that does not necessarily prove that Nintendo did it intentionally. Now, if Nintendo had deliberately designed System Menu 4.2 and higher to brick modified Korean Wii's, and tested those System Menu updates to ensure that it would do that, then that would be a different story. I don't think that explanation on Wiibrew proves intent on Nintendo's part (or maybe I'm not understanding it correctly). If someone has a more detailed explanation on what exactly is going on there, I would love to read about it, however.

The 4.2 E/J/U system menu tries to encrypt something with the Korean key (unique key that exists only on Korean wiis), if succesful, you get a brick.

The wiibrew stub is a clear as it needs to be. Encrypt with korean key, if the result matches=trigger error. It doesn't need anymore explaination.

It's not an accident, it's not just "not working with unofficial updates". It specifically tries to use a key that only exists on Korean wiis and then triggers 003 if it does. There's 0 reason for the E/U/J system menu to be looking for a key that only exists on a wii outside those regions.

You don't accidentally look for a key that only exists in Korean wii's, accidentally encrypt something with it, accidentally compare the result and then if it matches accidentally have the system menu throw 003 at you.

Blatently intentional.

Last edited by Armadillo,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country

I agree with you. It's just not so easy to decide if this is intentional or not with the vague infos from wiibrew. But it does sound intentional.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's weird that a company put in safety measures to protect they code (profit), and people get mad that they took that extra precaution. There are a lot of free methods out there that are open source that everyone and anyone can use.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It's weird that a company put in safety measures to protect they code (profit), and people get mad that they took that extra precaution. There are a lot of free methods out there that are open source that everyone and anyone can use.
Safety measure is encryption/obfuscation, not a brick code.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?