Suggestion More details in initial creating threads, or improving quality.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I notice lots of people are kinda being lazy with their initial posting (Creating topics) When creating one, the title should least be a complete sentence, and the actual information including details of problem within the comments, instead of...

TITLE: How do I get homebrew on my device?

The title should also not just be one word or phrase that doesn't really add information that would want someone to wanna click on it, and i don't mean make click bait titles. Just ask a question or state the problem, and use the post to add details including what is wrong and what have been done about it.

TITLE: HELP ME PLEASE!

First comment: You could tell us what is wrong.

Reply: I can't get this to work, i'm trying to load the homebrew but is not working.

reply: Can you be more specific and tell what you are doing? We can't help without enough detailed information.

It help to avoid longer unecessary comments like this. If you just add more details first. :mellow:

Also it helps to not use acronyms or shortcuts or other unclear terms when doing it as not being direct enough does make the post seem like a joke and not taken seriously.

Of course i doubt this would be made a actual rule but maybe enforced somehow?

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: VinsCool

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I didn't even know there was a staff section. It needs work - expanding with other Q&A, and more recent FW versions and exploits. But as I said, my initial idea was that it would pop up when a user with less than a certain number of posts went to start a new thread or make a posting to guide them through to finding the answers they are looking for.
Or maybe creating a new user account that must be completed to get the answer they looking for and not need to create a account at all if they just wanted to join to get some answers.

Better add

"Why do you wish to join this website?

• Hacking information for my console
  • Looking for tutorial on hacks
  • To be part of the community

option one or two obviously would be useful for that :P

Also do you remember to update it with new information? Browserhax and menuhax 3.0 work on 11.0 as well as oothax now. :)

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
Or maybe creating a new user account that must be completed to get the answer they looking for and not need to create a account at all if they just wanted to join to get some answers.

Better add

"Why do you wish to join this website?

• Hacking information for my console
  • Looking for tutorial on hacks
  • To be part of the community

option one or two obviously would be useful for that :P

Also do you remember to update it with new information? Browserhax and menuhax 3.0 work on 11.0 as well as oothax now. :)
Actually that's a much better idea. Putting it on the sign-in page would mean people go through the process before they get to the sign-in form. They could click through the hierarchy to look for an answer, and then the sign-in form is shown if they didn't find an answer.

I haven't updated it with any new information since I first wrote it. I didn't bother since it didn't look like it was going to be used. If the staff here feel it's worth using then I'll update it.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/