Homebrew Moonshell2.ini Options - what would you like to see added ?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've noticed that recent Moonshell versions have had a 'moonshell.ini' file added, & since other homebrew allows certain customisation through an 'ini' file I was wondering what would YOU like to see added to Moonshell. I'm not talking about things like 'Commercial ROM support' since I remember reading once that 'Moonlight' will never add such a thing (you can get that with YSMenu anyway), but what I'm talking about are little 'tweaks' that may offer some improvements

Here's my suggestions for 'moonshell.ini' tweaks
ShowBoxart = 0/1
Allow Boxart pictures to show on top screen while scrolling through ROM/Homebrew on bottom screen.
The only problem with this is that the scrolling will need to be limited to only the bottom screen, where currently it scrolls onto the top otherwise when scrolling down a long list the boxart will be hidden

BootErrorDisable = 0/1
This disables the 'boot screens' that you see when moonshell boots-up (the top black screen with scrolling text & bottom white screen that shows 'An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file' in 2 languages) - the reason... I have Moonshell2 boot up as my 'alternative firmware' & I just find it annoying that it telling me I've got an error when in fact it works perfectly OK.(So it only shows for a couple of seconds - but I still find it annoying)

BootScreenTop = filename.bmp/jpg/png
BootScreenbottom = filename.bmp/jpg/png
If it's NOT possible to disable the error bootscreen perhaps have an alternative boot screen showing instead - so that the 'errors' & scrolling text are hidden from view & you'll see some other screen instead (you could have both boot screens black for instance)

MP3ControlsAutoshow = 0/1
MP3ControlsDisappearDelay = xx (time in seconds 0=never)
When playing a MP3 file I'd like the controls (Play/Skip/Pause/loop etc) to pop-up straight away instead of me having to press 'L & Left' to show them.
And if the controls are not touched for xx seconds - they disappear automatically (unless xx=0 then they stay up all the time)
It happens when playing a video but not when playing Mp3's which I find annoying

ACCIconOnly = 0/1
APPSIconOnly = 0/1
When you press [Select] within moonshell to show the 'Accessories' and 'Applications' shortcuts screens, instead of having the icon & text showing next to it - just have the icons.
Enabling these options would also allow the icons to be placed side-by-side creating a 'wall' of shortcuts icons (A bit like the iFAV shortcut) allowing more than just 5 items listed (I reckon about 20-25 icons could be shown)

Oh and the only other 'improvements' I would like would (that doesn't include the Moonshell.ini tweaks) would be auto Album/Boxart creation from within Moonshell - currently you need to run a PC program to create Album graphics. I wouldn't even mind if the PC programs were converted to Moonshel nds 'Accessories' instead - that way you could copy the full graphic to the card, then use Moonshell 'accessory' to Browse/Crop/Resize/Rename/Save the required graphic & see how it actually looks on the DS straight away (once you're happy with it you could also 'Delete' the full graphic from the card as well)

Well that's just about it for me - what would you like to see 'added' to Moonshell
I doubt that 'Moonlight' (the developer) actually visit these forums - but just in case he does, or perhaps he hears about these suggestions - he may just add such things in future versions

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Well that's just about it for me - what would you like to see 'added' to Moonshell
I doubt that 'Moonshine' (the developer) actually visit these forums - but just in case he does, or perhaps he hears about these suggestions - he may just add such things in future versions

Moonshine? Isn't it Moonlight?

Hmm, great suggestions, but I wish Moonlight had an e-mail or something.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
CannonFoddr said:
I doubt that 'Moonshine' (the developer) actually visit these forums - but just in case he does, or perhaps he hears about these suggestions - he may just add such things in future versions
Moonshine? Isn't it Moonlight?

Hmm, great suggestions, but I wish Moonlight had an e-mail or something.
Sorry - I knew it was Moon..... something
unsure.gif
, just couldn't remember exactly - so guessed
wink.gif
thanks for pointing it out to me. Altered my original post now

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
I want a boxart preview ala dsision 2 to be placed at the bottom of the clock on the topscreen and a cover art preview of the movie would be nice...
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
janouis said:
I want a boxart preview ala dsision 2 to be placed at the bottom of the clock on the topscreen and a cover art preview of the movie would be nice...
smile.gif
So not only do you want the 'ShowBoxArt' option I've already mentioned but also a 'ShowCoverArt = 0/1' option as well

QUOTE(naglaro00 @ Aug 2 2009, 12:27 PM) What I would like to see is the ability to see internal ROM names
So you'll like a moonshell.ini option something like:-

ShowROMName = 0/1/2/3
Hide/Show the Internal ROM name when browsing, where:-
0 = Don't show Internal ROM Name
1 = Show Internal ROM name instead of game title
2 = Show Game name with Internal ROM name underneath (only available if using GUI '2-line mode')
3 = Toggle between highlighted game title & Internal ROM name when [Y] is pressed (available in either '1-line' or '2-line' mode)

lecture.gif
Remember I'm asking for 'Moonshell.ini' tweaks options (& yes - I know I added the 'convert PC programs to Moonshell accessory' paragraph but that's a completely different suggestion & not really relevant to this 'Wanted Moonshell.ini Option' post).

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
[sarcasm]OMG GUYZ I WANT R0M LOADING!!![/sarcasm]
What I would like to see is the ability to see internal ROM names
it is never gonna happen in moonshell because moonlight doesn't want anything to do with piracy and that would imply using your cart for backups witch involve piracy so no try asking for the fishshell people to do these kinds of things: http://bbs.fishome.org/thread-2-1-1.html

geokes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Disable disk checking, I hate it when I've put some movies on it to watch while away from home and it won't start
unsure.gif

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with the disk checking.
Although you can already disable that, just not from the INI.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fgghjjkll said:
u disable that in the startup options dude
Problem is, when it happens, there's no way to get rid of it instead of formatting your card or something. So, yeah, that option in the INI file would be good.

Zarlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alato said:
So, yeah, that option in the INI file would be good.
Agreed. I was surprised, that it wasn't.
In most cases when you want to disable it, it's because Moonshell won't start, because of it.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Zarlan said:
Alato said:
So, yeah, that option in the INI file would be good.
Agreed. I was surprised, that it wasn't....In most cases when you want to disable it, it's because Moonshell won't start because of it.
Is this 'Disk Check' built into Moonshell - or is it the 'Disk Check Accessory' you're talking about ?

I've never had this problem so don't really know much about it - The only major problem I've had was cured by deleting the 'Logbuf.txt' file.

If it's the accessory - surely you just delete it from the memory card before running moonshell to prevent it from running
In the latest Moonshell's ini file there a [DiskAdapter] section with a 'CheckDiskType1' option - could this be what you mean ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: