Homebrew Moonshell2.0beta5(english)

should we boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp?

• Yes Boycot and ban them for what they did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Boycot them

• Neither

• Total voters

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
*UPDATED! January 18 2009
yaynds.gif
check below for details

Hi I'm wolfmanz51,

Here is my second translation of the recent Beta5 of our beloved moonshell by moonlight unfortunately this could be the last release as sadly moonlight might stop due to recent events Thank you for Every thing Moonlight We LOVE you.

I have included a skin folder this time and my new skin "RED Reaction2" if you wish to use my new skin just follow the readme instructions. Also the tools should work properly now as I changed the file names. you can now make your own skins and make dpg2 videos for moonshell2 which look Amazing by the way Have fun. Acekard users should be able to use this release right out of the box as check disk is disabled. last but not least my translation was improved. have fun

Moonshell2.0b5(english)2.7z(media fire)

Here are some pics from my new theme Red reaction
PSUB0.jpg

moonshell-1.jpg

Edit: added a poll It's about the recent events I think we should boycott the m3 and perhaps even ban M3 news from GBAtemp the M3 due to the recent events Here is what moonlight said on his blog
xjenova and Densetsu3000 quick translation of moonlights blog post below
QUOTE said:
I imagined the next several years of my life would gradually beat me half to death with weak punches, but I just took a huge blow and am now on the verge of death. Moonlight here. Good evening.
I was promised many things over the phone with the company president, but they didn't deliver. I was told that if I had anything to say, I should say it directly. So I'll give it to you straight!
Yes! i developed M3 sakura. Buy this and install this, and you can play comercial games as well as having the pleasant Sakura firmware. I havent tried it, tho. Yes! i know you can play games on it!
If i didnt know i wouldnt have developed it! I even went to china( for three weeks) when they told me that they couldnt fix a bug.
Even though sakura sells i wont get a yen out of it but, i guess if the sales are in the millions, i will at least get the satisfaction of knowing that it's like the Grand Hit of a small-medium game maker, wont i??? I didn't wish for this! Anyways, since whatever i say will probably have no effect on the sells, you can feel relieved.
Yes! I created M3 Sakura! If you buy and use it, you can get firmware that plays commercial games! But I haven't tried it myself! Yes, I know that it plays games! You would think that if I could create Sakura, I would at least know about that! I even went all the way to China because they told me some of the bugs couldn't be fixed! For 3 weeks!...
Even if Sakura sells I won't see a single yen of the profits...
I have decided to stop developing for the DS. For the longest time I've been putting up with crap, so there, I've said it directly...
I have put up with a lot of animosity over this matter, and there are probably a lot of people who would be happy if I died. Well, goodbye.
Don't bother sending mail. I'll just delete them without reading them.

Bastards I hate them now and i don't use hate too often.
EDIT! please don't harass M3 users they have done nothing wrong Its the company thats in question.

xoinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
sigh... this sure is sad news... screw M3 team! fancy ripping of a poor developer... those heartless people >:(

edit: by the way, thanks for the quick translation
smile.gif

B

ball2012003

i hope moonlight does come out with more updates
its probably not going to happen
unsure.gif
but i still got hope
tongue.gif

damn you m3
dry.gif

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I thought Moonlight was copying the Sakura interface for version 2, not the other way around... wish I had known this before I bought my M3 - I would have probably shelled out the extra dough for a Cyclo instead. Well, there's always a chance they will redeem themselves and all will be made right, but I'm not holding out any hope. Time to try this new beta 5...

I say, let's have a little patience, see if things turn around soon - but if the M3 team continues on this path, perhaps a community-wide boycott will be the solution. Hell, if we could all afford it, I'd say let's all ship our M3's back to them (destroyed, of course, so they can't just resell them to the uninformed), each with a note stating what competitor's cartridge we replaced it with, and why they are no longer our flashcart manufacturer of choice.

Maybe we will have to start a fund in the future... but as I said, let's give it a little time before we do (or think about doing) anything rash

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I only voted for the boycott - We should punish the manufacturers, but not their existing customers. Just don't let them get any new ones, at least until they repair the damage they've done to the community, they've cost us one excellent developer of DS homebrew

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Fuck those M3 assholes. First they can't manage to produce an international version of Sakura because they riddled it in DRM, now this.

Together with dropped M3 Simply/R4 support, dropped support for their Slot-2 solutions and their GBAMP, threats to Rudolph for his GBA-exp-loader support - why are people still bothering with this greedy, antisocial scum?

These subhumans can die, for all I care. GBATemp should boycott M3 products. Close the boards, stop the news. Support Moonlight!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For revenge he should release the source to Sakura.
wink.gif

Sounds like part of his anger/frustration is that he went against his own beliefs and helped make a product that helps piracy. At least that is what I get from the translation.

+1 for boycotting m3 -- Unfortunately boycotting of any sort will hurt the owners of the hardware. But there are plenty of other carts to buy from other companies -- good companies!

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
For revenge he should release the source to Sakura.
wink.gif

Sounds like part of his anger/frustration is that he went against his own beliefs and helped make a product that helps piracy. At least that is what I get from the translation.

+1 for boycotting m3 -- Unfortunately boycotting of any sort will hurt the owners of the hardware. But there are plenty of other carts to buy from other companies -- good companies!

Cracker please!
nyanya.gif

Correction - boycotting will not hurt the current owners. Banning will. Stop buying their product (a.k.a. boycott) but don't kill off the news on this site - all of us M3 owners who can't currently afford to get a new flash cart will effectively be banned from GBATemp by association.

But I second the idea of releasing the source... though it's possible that he doesn't have enough of it, so maybe that was his idea in releasing Moonshell 2 - but if he does have it, maybe he could help us make the proper English version of Sakura, and maybe even make it better than the "official" releases ever could be, since it seems they couldn't do it without him to begin with.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Styles420 said:
[...] all of us M3 owners who can't currently afford to get a new flash cart will effectively be banned from GBATemp by association.
You can get a comparable product that's not made by greedy, antisocial assholes for a single digit amount of money. No excuse, IMHO.

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which flash cart is going for a single digit price? And where? because I haven't seen any except for old R4's going for less than $20 US, most are at least $30 and those that are less are lacking in features and capabilities.

And as for me, I'm in a country where the economy has recently gone to shit (thanks, Bush and friends, my greedy government and their corporate partners who don't give a shit about the expendable citizens) - so I've been out of a job for a few months, and only recently started working again. I have much more important bills to pay (like rent, car insurance, and groceries). Hell, I didn't even buy my current M3 - it was a christmas present. So I wouldn't just be throwing away the money spent on it while putting off my bills to spend more, I would be insulting my father by tossing his gift in the trash. I can't justify throwing it out, but you can be sure that M3 team won't get any more of my money in the future, and if this flash cart should break, I will choose a competitor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.