Not open for further replies.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
Could you pleease tell more about this. Just asking for coders to some project which have no aim is just... pointless
blink.gif

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait. Is it a modification of MoonShell 2 or a completely new project? What more is needed in MS2? Also you say you need coders. Does this mean you can't code yourself? What are you going to contribute to it? Is anyone else actually on board?

This thread and the website are horribly uninformative. Get ready to be flamed, it's coming.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yh i know. i need some developers. maybe someone who worked on the original MoonShell project, or people that know ndslib.
Yes, it will be "based" on MS2. I DO NOT know at this moment in time any specific details, maybe i will get rid of the DiskCheck on MoonShell2, as it is annoying.

@Mario The aim is to make a better MS2, that can launch commercial ROMs through the YSMenu interface, but i must stress, i cannot develop the site, or the program that i cannot devlop yet if i dont know what i can do with it. i am a novice, and i am just trying to get a group of developers to help make MS+, as no one else will do it.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can turn off the DiskCheck. People aren't gonna want to help on a project that doesn't have any goals, so you might want to work on that first.

EDIT: I don't want to discourage you here. Don't take it like that. However, I've seen a lot of posts like this and most of them do fail. A vague post with little goals and no existing team just simply won't go anywhere.

Blazikun

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no, i mean to GET RID of diskcheck. not just the menu that says 'turn off diskcheck', but the actual code behind it. anyway, its useless to ask at the moment, i need devs.

EDIT: @sylvwolf. yes, i get you, but i thought GBATemp might be the best place to ask for help. i have posted on other forums already and i am waiting for replies.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK .. Let me get this right

Here we have some1 (who can't code) asking for coders that worked on moonshell (well that's 'moonlight' & she never let anyone else co-develop it with her) to create a moonshell 'clone' that 'does more' than Moonshell actually does !!! (which isn't a lot)

The only thing that moonshell DOESN'T do is run commercial ROMs or allow Cheats on those games, but there are already ways around this using either YSMenu or AKAIO

[In fact - IIRC 'akShell2' is suppose to be doing something like this anyway for the acekard scene - but they've hit a brickwall at the moment (or so it seems)]

Sounds like some1 wants to re-invent the wheel

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Here we have some1 (who can't code) asking for coders that worked on moonshell (well that's 'moonlight' & she never let anyone else co-develop it with her) to create a moonshell 'clone' that 'does more' than Moonshell actually does !!! (which isn't a lot)

The only thing that moonshell DOESN'T do is run commercial ROMs or allow Cheats on those games, but there are already ways around this using either YSMenu or AKAIO
So in other words pyrosurfer wants to merge Moonshell2 and Sakura...

Allow me to reiterate my previous statement: lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...