Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app is there an mp3 player for twilightmenu++?

march-elt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have been on a wild goose chase for an dsi music player, i have tried moonshell but apparently that is only compatible with cartriges. (and i'm not going to buy annother micro sdcard). I have looked throught the entire listings of media player apps on gamebrew, and all of them aren't compatible for my sistem, or, need the music to be patched to annother format.

so i'm asking, please, is there an mp3 player homebrew aplication that can be openned by twilightmenu++?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi Sound application is the best option you have, and should give you the best quality available. You'll need to convert the music to m4a format with AAC encoding.
If you're still looking to specifically play MP3 files, then use Moonshell v1.71, which is known to work from the SD card slot.

march-elt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The DSi Sound application is the best option you have, and should give you the best quality available. You'll need to convert the music to m4a format with AAC encoding.
If you're still looking to specifically play MP3 files, then use Moonshell v1.71, which is known to work from the SD card slot.
well i mostly don't want to go throught the hastle of converting the songs.

also i have tried to install moonshell 2.10 but it for some reason wenever i try to run the "set up.exe" it displays this error mesage, "???? "C:users\marco\downloads\dsmods\201008312320_moonshell210childzwai\moonshl2\extlink\TextEddit\????????????.txt" the syntaxis of the arquive's name, of the directory or the rotule of the volume is incorect ??????"

imagem_2023-12-01_214325100.png

also when i tryed to just simply place the arquives and the .nds files on the microsd card's root it freezes on the error screen.
am i doing something wrong?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i mostly don't want to go throught the hastle of converting the songs.

also i have tried to install moonshell 2.10 but it for some reason wenever i try to run the "set up.exe" it displays this error mesage, "???? "C:users\marco\downloads\dsmods\201008312320_moonshell210childzwai\moonshl2\extlink\TextEddit\????????????.txt" the syntaxis of the arquive's name, of the directory or the rotule of the volume is incorect ??????"

View attachment 406862
also when i tryed to just simply place the arquives and the .nds files on the microsd card's root it freezes on the error screen.
am i doing something wrong?
Later versions won't work. You specifically need to use v1.71.
Also, make sure you're using Unlaunch.

march-elt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Later versions won't work. You specifically need to use v1.71.
Also, make sure you're using Unlaunch.
i can't find this version to download, apparently the original creator's website was lost and all of the download links are unusable. is there a place i can still get this version specifically?

march-elt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it worked!!! it's kind of backwards tho? i needed to open it with the twilight menu... but it works!

thank you kind tech-wizard.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto