Homebrew MoonShell v2 for AK2i

deesto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone got this working with an Acekard ak2i for DSi? For me, it halts on load with an error, even after renaming files/folders as described above, and even after DLDI patching (using acek.dldi patch).

I'd like to try v2, since the v1 version on the Acekard site is next to horrible ... are there any alternative apps for media playback on this card?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Firstly, what's the error it comes up with ? - that might help us figure out what's wrong

Also what 'firmware' are you using (Ak2i own or AKAIO) ?

You mention you used 'acek.dldi' to patch it - I think that's the wrong one

Try using the 'ak2_sd.dldi' file that's in the '__AK' folder (if you are using 'AK2i' firmware)
If you are using AKAIO DON'T use the one in the '__AIO' folder - download the AK2i firmware & use that version instead - there's seem to be a difference between the two versions

Also try deleting the file 'logbuf.txt' from '/moonshl2/' folder - Don't ask me why. if you don't Moonshell locks up for some reason

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
my moonshell 2 work on my ak2i without any pacthing needed.
simply copy moonshl2 in root folder. and moonshl2.nds anyhwere you want

btw, i use akaio

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run a backup and reformat the card. Reload the backup, and then try to run "DirectBoot" instead. It's a known issue on some acekards that won't accept the normal boot method.

deesto

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Firstly, what's the error it comes up with ? - that might help us figure out what's wrong

Try using the 'ak2_sd.dldi' file that's in the '__AK' folder (if you are using 'AK2i' firmware)
If you are using AKAIO DON'T use the one in the '__AIO' folder - download the AK2i firmware & use that version instead - there's seem to be a difference between the two versions

Also try deleting the file 'logbuf.txt' from '/moonshl2/' folder - Don't ask me why. if you don't Moonshell locks up for some reason

Thanks CannonFoddr: I think the combo of patching with the ak2_sd.dldi (using AK2i firmware) and removing the log file helped ... I had also renamed the moonshl2/ folder to moonshl/ and that was a problem as well.

A bit OT, but is there a comparison between Ak2i and AKAIO firmware for this cart? Which is better?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
deesto said:
CannonFoddr said:

Thanks CannonFoddr: I think the combo of patching with the ak2_sd.dldi (using AK2i firmware) and removing the log file helped ... I had also renamed the moonshl2/ folder to moonshl/ and that was a problem as well.

A bit OT, but is there a comparison between Ak2i and AKAIO firmware for this cart? Which is better?
To tell the truth I have no idea what's better (My main card is a DSTTi - but soon upgrading to a M3i Zero)
I believe that AKAIO is considered 'better' for compatibility than the Ak2i firmware - especially in the SAV department (I've read a few threads saying that AK2i corrupts SAV files), other than that I've got no idea - sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE