Hacking Moonshell freezes on R4 after a few songs

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
I'm using the moonshell that comes with the firmware v1.11. Mos of the time, it freezes at the start of a song. I've tried each of the files I have there, and since most of them work separatedly, the files don't seem to be the problem. It freezes when I press "next", or when a song is finished and the next one should start.
I'm using a Kingstone microSD 2 GB, formatted on FAT32
Lurking around the board, someone said that moonshell works better on FAT16... is that true? would that fix my problem? and if it does, would it affect the way the games play if I change the format to FAT16?

Thanks in advance

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your playing Rap with moonshell that’s the problem moonshell knows better then to play that crap. If not is it only some songs, could be the way there coded. Or drop to an earlier version 1.6a, 1.7 this has fixed problems for some in the past.

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Believe me, it's anything but rap XD

Can I change the version of the moonshell without changing the whole firmware by just replacing the moonshell files?

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Yes i believe you can, just replace the mnshl (or however you spell it) folder. But i think its the way a few of the songs are coded aswell. What format are all of your songs? Find out the details of the songs that work and try encode all of your songs to that and then try it. And also does moon shell always freeze on the same song?

primeblue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. Some songs didn't work at first, and sent an error message, but didn't freeze or anything, that's why I thought the problem might be somewhere else
anyway, I'll try with a different moonshell, if that doesn't work, then it must be the songs fault after all

thanks!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your playing Rap with moonshell that’s the problem moonshell knows better then to play that crap. If not is it only some songs, could be the way there coded. Or drop to an earlier version 1.6a, 1.7 this has fixed problems for some in the past.

HAH! That's pretty funny.
rofl2.gif

Try defragmenting your card. I recommend doing this by copying the entire contents of your microSD to your computer hard drive, formatting your microSD and then copying everything back to it. That will put each file back on the card contiguously. Contrary to popular opinion, using a defragmenting program on a flashcard is not recommended unless it's a special defragmenter specially designed for flahscards. I know of no such defrag program, BTW.

If any files fail to transfer to the hard drive, it is corrupted and needs to be replaced. Either the fragmentation or the corrupted files were likely your problem.

Try that and see if it fixes your problem.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
oh.. it's only on few of the songs... Delete every song that freezes when you try to switch a song , or if it plays untill the end.. .......... I had to delete about 5 songs
frown.gif
and most of them were my most loved ones! :'(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast