OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Moonshell 2.00 beta 2 released
Quick update
Moonlight has posted news about beta 2 of the upcoming moonshell 2.00. Changelog is a bit smaller but it aims to be a bugfix release. The author has stressed that the skin makeup/layout and language files will probably change before the end so skin/translation authors should be prepared to change things with each update or wait for a final release. For those just hearing of moonshell it is an application for the DS that plays video (DPG format), audio (many formats), text and pictures as well as launching homebrew code for some carts.

ds.gif

The following is a crude translation of the text that appears at the authors blog (link below).

Added
You can now choose to launch an application depending on the extension of the file (see moonshl2/extlink/readme.txt), note soft reset or similar to return to moonshell2 is not possible.
IPK images are now viewable.
Holding select for more than 3 seconds creates a screenshot of the current screen (aimed at skin makers).
Scrolling text on touch screen available outside of the scroll bar.
You can disable L and R when closing the screen.
With images less than 512 pixels you can use them as wallpaper for file lists (????????512???????????????????????????????????????)
Added the ability to scroll (reverse?) the screen up or down the file list(see SwapDisp.txt)(?????????????????????????[/?????/?????/SwapDisp.txt]??????)

Changed
Launch_Tab0_Launch.png and Launch_Tab1_NDS.png changed dimensions to 256x192 pixels.

Fixed
Commands launched using A, B, L and R now work properly.
Fixed a bug with unsupported file types in list view.
Fixed a bug with the option to hide file extensions hiding folder names.

icon11.gif
Blog post (Japanese language)

You have a choice of two downloads, the first is a zip file hosted on a Japanese server and the other is a 7zip format (maximum achievable compression) hosted at GBAtemp.
download.gif
 Authors download (zip format 31.8 megabytes)
download.gif
GBAtemp mirror (7zip format 22.5 megabytes)

Thanks to ccosmos for the news.

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Finally managed to upload it to GBAtemp (my slow uploads), I have to fix my camera either but I will see about finding another.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow! Does it include the DS? That's a really neat feature! Probably won't see much use until Cyclo decides to add that to their loader. RTS + Screenshots!

Way to go, Moonlight =D

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does it take screenshots of both screens?? I think I recall team cyclops stating that it was only possible to take a snapshot of one screen?

Zarkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
imgod22222 said:
wow! Does it include the DS? That's a really neat feature! Probably won't see much use until Cyclo decides to add that to their loader. RTS + Screenshots!

Way to go, Moonlight =D
You can make Cyclo recognize moonshell 2 to their loader.

Here's How:
4. Place the "moonshl2" folder onto the root of your microsd

Put in DS and enjoy!

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I remember correctly, I posted a recommendation that they give the option of disabling L and R when watching movies. Well they got part of that recommendation I guess, able to disable L and R when closing the screen.

Thanks Moonshell team! Definitely looking forward to final release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: hi @Xdqwerty