Gaming Monster Rancher DS Hype Thread

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
finally got my hands on the game today and it sure is nice!
having played only the gba version of the game,I can say it's pretty much the same which is cool
smile.gif

my first monster was a "shadow mage" looks really cool and got nice stats as well...got to rank E on my 1st tournament as well
biggrin.gif

I like this game so much I think I'm going to marry it!

oh yea,works on m3i zero if anyone's wondering...

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
haha

love how all you guys are going YAY no AP and YAY its working

that because its patched

*looks into the future*
i see many people complaining the clean dump dont work

wonder how many times that will be said

and just to note guys ALL!!!! games have AP
a game will never have none

cards just know how to fix the minor ones

D

Deleted User

GameWinner said:
This game sounds interesting like Pokemon, maybe even better. Gonna go find it and try it on my Acekard.

Eh, Pokemon is definitely more simplistic, but I think that has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm not all that far in Monster Rancher, but I've significantly boosted my first monsters stats now (they range from 180 to 100 (at the lowest). For the most part I just let the computer handle the combat for me, it didn't really seem like there was all that much opportunity for the hit-rate/chance to improve. Nor have I really figured out how to get different skills. It's an interesting game, but I'm glad you can press "Start" at certain cut-scenes/training and skip the graphics and such. Game kind of reminds me of things like neo-pets and tomodachi... It's alright :x

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I2aven's_Sage said:
GameWinner said:
This game sounds interesting like Pokemon, maybe even better. Gonna go find it and try it on my Acekard.

Eh, Pokemon is definitely more simplistic, but I think that has it's advantages and disadvantages. I'm not all that far in Monster Rancher, but I've significantly boosted my first monsters stats now (they range from 180 to 100 (at the lowest). For the most part I just let the computer handle the combat for me, it didn't really seem like there was all that much opportunity for the hit-rate/chance to improve. Nor have I really figured out how to get different skills. It's an interesting game, but I'm glad you can press "Start" at certain cut-scenes/training and skip the graphics and such. Game kind of reminds me of things like neo-pets and tomodachi... It's alright :x
I know I'm playing it now and I have to agree that Pokemon is better, but it is still good.

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game is very ugly. I suppose DQIX has spoiled me, but at least they could've worked on the art of the portraits and perhaps not have had such utterly banal characters... I am underwhelmed by the battle system and I'm not sure why I should care about making my monster's stats go up. Will I not be able to one-shot everybody in the next tournament? There is no clear direction of what stats should be raised, etc.. It's like "Your monster has these numbers, now make them go up. Have fun!"

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no bigger ranch. I played for a while now and I am rank B. You can only increase your ranch size every october also including your house. This makes resting faster and easier and also item storage. You can only have one monster at a time. I am training at the moment to beat Rising Dragons tournament so I can get dragon monsters. Obtainable once rank B.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the game still so much uptight and random when training and scolding your monsters? At least when I've played a bit the old GBA Monster Ranchers I remember that it was quite hard to train the monster properly without it boycotting or getting upset or just not getting the training right. And I really got fed up because I couldn't win the tournament with the monster I had and didn't want to reset the game. Can you win the first tournament here easily, or rather with less difficulty than in the GBA games?

Plus, those of you who have played the DS version to see how stats works, do you think it's good to start out with a balanced character, fast but no decent hp char, or rather with a stronger, but slower one? I got a Shadow Mage on the emulator, but when playing on the real DS I didn't manage to get him, so I went for some kind of a hare, which is quite fast (110-130, can't remeber exactly), defense round 70s, health 57, strength 137, and intelligence round 111. Is it possible to win the first tournament with this? Or should I reset and just go for a stronger monster?

D

Deleted User

I'll be more frank than my last post. The game is fairly uptight and structured, as you said, Fel, I think that for the beginning stages letting the computer take over your monster seems like the best solution to winning battles.

For a while I focused on boosting my primary "major stats" (the stats my monster acceled in) then focused on boosting my defense which was in the 70's. When I beat a few tournaments I found that monsters would randomly hit me for 80-90% of my HP bar. There aren't a lot of opportunities to hit the opponent in the beginning of the game. I think that the whole hit/miss percentage system is whacked out; you have no control over it.

This game needs very little of a human component to it, battle wise it can play itself and win! It only needs a human element to take care of the monster-management. So, the main difference in my opinion, between this game and Pokemon is that in Pokemon you have fare more control over the actions and gameplay. Speaking of the gameplay, the basic gameplay is basic rock-paper-scissors which makes it hard for me to want to play long enough to see it gain any depth.

I don't think it's very fair to review a game thus far, having only played such a small portion of it; but I don't find the possibility that the game will change all that much all that high...

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
FlashX007 said:
To be honest I am getting irritated. I am training and training and I got up to Rank B fortunately but there is this Rising Dragons tournament I want to try out but my monster is not strong enough. I train it all the way to 300 or 400 then it says it is too old so I have to freeze it. I don't mind because then I can train more and combine but this is really a hassle. I hope cheats come out. Yes I said it. I want cheats come out because this game is not really satisfactory enough playing it this way. I am not going to spend more than a month training these monsters and not going anywhere with them. At the moment I made a max money code using my DSTWO so I am grateful for that but that is the only thing I can do. I do not know how to do anything else. Personally I think I get lucky when I get DSTWO's free cheat to work.

stop bugging me for cheat database
one more bug... the next cheat database update shall be christmas

EDIT: people like you always bug for database and etc! then where is the help? no help no update! that is my policy

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been wondering, how do Farm Items such as Gemini's Pot work? Do they function simply by being in my inventory or is it something else?

Ventrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited for this game, but now i think it blows chunks. This game could have been great, their are so many annoyances to even enjoy the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1