killeryunran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably a silly question, but:

When my friends went online the other day they encountered someone who got banned when they were playing
MH3 online. So one of my friends said to me: "That person got banned by Capcom because he was using a modded wii"
The actual sentence was something along the lines of that person getting banned for doing illegal things.

So my question now is if you can get banned for playing MH3 with a modded wii. I thought it couldn't. I mean, it's not as if
they check the specs of your wii or something, do they?

So can any PAL players confirm that they can play MH3? I would be really gratefull.

And on a sidenote, I've heard that you can just play MH3 with certain cIOS and IOS installed, I got the IOS for that.
But I've also read in another topic that you need certain cIOS and IOS installed so that you could play MH3 online.
Could someone please specify which cIOS and IOS these are, and if I need to 'update' my wii to v4.2 because I'm running
my wii on v4.0 at the moment.

Thank you very much.

*Please note, if I made any grammer errors in this topic. Let this bunny convince you otherwise.
()_()
(O.O)
(>.<

Edit 2: Problem solved, thank you raulpica and hybridreality
yaywii.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Uhhh, a bricked Wii should mean that it isn't able to run properly anymore, and in most brick cases, you aren't able to play games.

As for what I've heard, Capcom is banning players which are actually cheating (modifying save files, using cheats, and so on) and not by just having their Wii hacked.

PAL user here, and MH3 working perfectly online.

As I'm not using a softmod, I don't recall exactly what IOS/cIOS you need, so you might be better off searching the other Wii forums, as I've seen quite a few guides on how to get MHTri running on softmods
smile.gif

hybridreality

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Despite your confusion with the term bricked, this is kind of a valid post - although a little searching would have found the answer.

You cannot get banned for going online, I've played online with a backup for a good amount of time and had no problem. I'm using Hermes CIOS V5, 38 on 222 and that's working fine, don't know why all these people are having trouble and having to use 38 merged with 37.

I am using the PAL version though, that may be why - definitely works for me though.

killeryunran

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ColdAshes said:
Lol wow this is the best example of an epic fail via a noob.

Yeah sorry >.> Was a little bit sleepy at that moment...

QUOTE(hybridreality @ May 5 2010, 08:32 AM) Despite your confusion with the term bricked, this is kind of a valid post - although a little searching would have found the answer.

You cannot get banned for going online, I've played online with a backup for a good amount of time and had no problem. I'm using Hermes CIOS V5, 38 on 222 and that's working fine, don't know why all these people are having trouble and having to use 38 merged with 37.

I am using the PAL version though, that may be why - definitely works for me though.

k, thank you for replying

mezagodyah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with hybridreality becuase im currently using my japanese wii with everything setup playing with the english one and ive gone online a bit and nothing has happened to me yet. But I am doing further investigation on this if they really are banning soft mod wii's. Worst case scenario is you get banned dont play that game. If not that ythen get the real game and play it normally. If your scared or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show