Gaming Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate - Temp Hunters Guild

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or dual swords with slime is a bit too powerful?
it's extraordinarily powerful. but it has it's limits, once you get into g rank they start becoming less effective in most situations. but running through high rank with the slime ds was like a hot slimey knife cutting through monster butter.

I was weighing up the pros and cons of the GS vs the SA and i just dont get why anyone would choose the GS.
I don't know the numbers, I can't really say which one is better or whatever. But a good GS user will hit with many level 3 charges, and if you're using crit draw and fully charged unsheath attacks you're doing ridiculous damage. One of my favorite set ups right now is adrenaline +2, crit draw and sharpness+1. Good GS users also know when they'll get a flinch and when they won't, and they are constantly paying attention to where the monster will be. It's sometimes a guessing game but it's one of the most satisfying weapon hits in the game, and that's why I love it. I soloed all of g rank primarily with GS.
It definitely has a higher learning curve. And sometimes it's just a downright frustrating experience when every time you get to your level 3 charge the monster jumps away (nargaaaaaaa!!!). SA has it's merits I'm sure and it's charge attack is likely pretty satisfying to get off on a monster, however it's not as devastating. A perfectly placed GS on a monster's weakspot just as they're jumping in front of you, it's like the best feeling in the world.

Reactions: gameandmatch

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Just booted up my wii for some wii-fit (lol) and i saw my copy of tri sitting underneeth so i figured id boot it up for old times sake and oh my... MH3U is just SO much nicer and after controlling it for 100+ hours on 3DS its really hard to go back to the wii controls, colours look washed out on the wii and the 3DS they just look so much more pretty and polished.

I regret anything i ever said in claiming this would just be a cheap port and wouldnt be much better, it is better and its just so much more playable on a portable than it ever was on a console.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just repelled Ceadeuas for the first time. It doesn't feel epic. The music does help, but it's just a chore. Bust it's tail, beard and head. Wait 'til it heads to the ruins. Activate the Dragonator, blast it with ballista shots and continue hitting it. (Killing it might be harder...who knows?)

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just repelled Ceadeuas for the first time. It doesn't feel epic. The music does help, but it's just a chore. Bust it's tail, beard and head. Wait 'til it heads to the ruins. Activate the Dragonator, blast it with ballista shots and continue hitting it. (Killing it might be harder...who knows?)

Not really, it has its whole water blaster mode and angry mode, but other than that, its kinda, dodge, attack, ballista/dragonator. dodge and attack till resets then repeat,

(currently on high quests, hell i only just made this account to post on this thread, i lurked around too much)

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some trouble with the Qurupeco >_<.

Take dung bombs if you have them, he has a nasty habit of summoning a big ol nasty monster and its not fun trying to deal with both, use the dung bomb on either of them and they will flee to another area, allowing you to focus on Qurupeco.

As for actually killing him, he has some pretty predictable attacks so try and take a momment to learn his move set altho his most anoying move is when he starts to "spark" his hands together, just back off him and let him do his lil jump attack (usually 2-3 times) then rush in and get a couple of hits on the front of him, where his throat "inflates" is the best spot to hurt him. Also, if he starts to do his like "cry" where he starts clucking like crazy and his throat gets big, sonic bomb him (if you have them) to interupt it or just hit him with a heavy attack because if he finishes doing it, he will summon help. (which you DONT want)

I recommend taking something heavy to fight him. GS or SA works well because he isnt that strong and you can stumble him often and its the best weapons to interupt his call for help if you lack sonic bombs. Good luck!

[Edit] Bonus little tip that i forgot which you may or may not know:

- If he manages to hit you with the fire spark and you are on fire, roll in the shallow water and it will put out the fire thats on you, no need to waste an item trying to get rid of it or let it burn.

Reactions: Nxenz

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[Edit] Bonus little tip that i forgot which you may or may not know:

- If he manages to hit you with the fire spark and you are on fire, roll in the shallow water and it will put out the fire thats on you, no need to waste an item trying to get rid of it or let it burn.

another thing on burning, just rolling helps put it out, but rolling in water removes fire instantly

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another thing on burning, just rolling helps put it out, but rolling in water removes fire instantly
I'm using Dual Blades, quite use to them.
I tried usin other weapons such as the Bow and Gunlance, but I couldn't do it.

I'm going to try the Great Sword or something else. Btw, should I forge a Great Jaggi armor?

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm going to try the Great Sword or something else. Btw, should I forge a Great Jaggi armor?

quite up to you, i used that armor for half my time in LR quests. while switching between greatsword and longsword

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada

I main dual blades as well, but I finally switched over to my water based greatsword (the one made of ludroth parts) to finally beat that quest. First time I fought it, I ended up using dual blades, and it summoned a freaking Rathian. I fainted three times - didn't have dung bombs.

broitsak

Fight me.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I main dual blades as well, but I finally switched over to my water based greatsword (the one made of ludroth parts) to finally beat that quest. First time I fought it, I ended up using dual blades, and it summoned a freaking Rathian. I fainted three times - didn't have dung bombs.
I was up against the Quru, it called a GJ. The GJ called little minions, and random Rhinos where attacking me. And Cha-Cha wasn't doing shit T^T

And Ludroth, aye? Quite easy to kill. Will Ludroth Dual Blades work or am I better off using a Great Sword based one?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I was up against the Quru, it called a GJ. The GJ called little minions, and random Rhinos where attacking me. And Cha-Cha wasn't doing shit T^T

And Ludroth, aye? Quite easy to kill. Will Ludroth Dual Blades work or am I better off using a Great Sword based one?

I found that I was getting more stumbles with the greatsword, but the dual blades suit me more. Run in, do damage, run out quickly. The greatsword is kind of bad for dodging (you are supposed to block with it).

According to the Monster Hunter wiki, "peco is weak to ice"....so I suggest using an ice based weapon. (I was using the greatsword because I got really annoyed at trying to farm parts for it - was making a sword and shield combo.)

Blindfoldedchaos

Space Captain
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found that I was getting more stumbles with the greatsword, but the dual blades suit me more. Run in, do damage, run out quickly. The greatsword is kind of bad for dodging (you are supposed to block with it).

According to the Monster Hunter wiki, "peco is weak to ice"....so I suggest using an ice based weapon. (I was using the greatsword because I got really annoyed at trying to farm parts for it - was making a sword and shield combo.)

Is it sad i attempt dodge cancels when i use the GS, 'cause some attacks are better avoided

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know the best method to get Diablos medulla?

Iv googled it and they say high rank or G rank, i dont have access to G rank yet but iv tried 3 fights vs a high rank (LV 8 story - Horned wyvern) Diablos, cutting his tail everytime and it hasnt dropped or been in the quest rewards and i only need 1 of them to upgrade my gunlance (which i need for some duramboros farming) so does anyone know if there is any paticular method to get this or is it just luck?

[Edit] -Solved- 4th time lucky and i got it from his tail when i chopped it off. Carving the body still didnt give me it tho so 4 fights with no medulla's from body carves is anoying but thankfully his tail dropped it.

adambomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The greatsword is kind of bad for dodging (you are supposed to block with it).

i only block with GS when i fuck something up really badly. 99% of the time i'm rolling to avoid attacks (it's faster than walking with the weapon unsheathed), especially after every attack as the roll cancels the lag and moves you away from a monster.
a really good example of this is diablos. when he/she's in rage i often don't even charge attack, i just unsheath attack the belly and roll through the legs. then when i roll far enough away i sheath and run to set up another.

edit: oh yeah, and blocking roars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet