tsubasa hiroge
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey there fellow Monster Hunter's,

now that I have Monster Hunter Tri working, I've been playing around quite slowly (I haven't unlocked guild requests yet just about to though, I think).

I'm running around with Sword and Shield and some basic armour, I was thinking about upgrading to the Bone Kris but I'm not sure if it's worth it?
and also I'll be upgrading my armour soon enough, basically as son as I can afford to and when I have the right materials.

I had a look at the other starting weapon you get at the beginning of the game (the Iron Sword) but I found that to be way to slow for my taste I prefer fast hitting weapons are there any weapons that are fast like the Sword and Shield? if there are how difficult are they to use?

hopefully if we can get enough information together we could band together and make a simple beginners guide to the game here on GBAtemp.

thanks Monster Hunter's
yay.gif

azorpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
azormx.elbruto.es
XP
Country
Mexico
SnS is pretty much the fasetst you'll get.

After a long time in the game you will be able to make long swords and what I believe is now called a switch-Axe

Longswords are medium speed but have a fast jab. Switch Axe in axe mode is faster than great swords while on sword mode it gets faster.

I would recommend you to try more the great swords, although that is my personal opinion. You will get used to the speed.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, SnS is pretty much the fastest, with Long Swords being the next fastest I believe. If you plan to main SnS, then make sure you keep it upgraded, it's damage is quite low.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you get the weapons that does the right element damage
lecture.gif
(yea, the game is very deep...) Also, try using this site for weapons and such. Personally, I like the SnS the most because I was never too fond of laggy attacks but I am starting to get used to the Great Sword(well, since I spent a lot of money making good GS's, I might as well learn it lol) and Switch Axe also is very fast.

rauthelegendary

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
SnS is actually considered as one of the worst weapons in-game. It's high speed makes it ideal for new players to learn the game, but the damage output blows. That doesn't mean you can't finish the game with it, any weapon will be fine if you are good enough. Most people just tend to switch over when they get further into the game since it's usually better to take the slow and powerful weapons against the wyverns. If you really can't stand the slowness of the GS or Hammer, then you should keep playing till you reach the 3* urgent quest, after which you should be able to craft longswords. You'll have to upgrade it a few times before it even gets slightly useful, but AFAIK it's the fastest weapon besides the SnS. I think the Switchaxe is slightly faster than GS, but it doesn't even get close to the speed of longswords or the SnS.

EDIT: Just tried out switchaxe and it's quite a bit faster than Great Sword. You might want to try that out.

By the way, improving weapons is way more important than upgrading armor. If you have a weak weapon you'll need more time to kill the monster, which means you'll have to dodge more attacks and have a larger chance at getting hit. Also, if your weapons aren't strong enough they'll just bounce of the monster's skin and you won't be able to do anything. So yes, it is worth upgrading the kris if you're planning on sticking with the SnS. Even when your not it is always useful to keep several different weapons upgraded so that you can switch around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: It's such a drag :sad: