Hacking Monster Hunter Tri. Banned for running Backup?

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got memorex which isn't bad because I have at least 20 games and I keep them in a pouch they are in perfect condition and run games fine (at x3 speed of course lol but some games it doesn't matter).

I think I will buy the game like I did with Pokemon Soul Silver which was the first DS game I bought in 2 years. But right now, bills, college, work and stuff I just don't have money for it
biggrin.gif

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
rizzod said:
That is why you be a smart person like the rest of the world and run ur wii games off USB

$20 for 50 Blank DVDs versus Minimum $80 for a dedicated hardrive only to be used for the wii which won't even hold 50 wii games (if it's a 250GB)?

Nono

But I am gonna remove darkcorpse and use something else

I reburned the game at x4 and i'm playing online so far no freeze
$75 for a seagate 500gb and i have 207 games and counting, so fuck your $20 dvd pack

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
imapterodactyl said:
DarkWay said:
This is 1 Wii game I will buy when I have the money too
smile.gif
I'm having great fun on the US servers online
smile.gif

People have asked where I'm from (unwittingly) I said from the UK then tey asked how I was on their server >,,< I proceeded to say I used to live in america but moved to the UK, I have a NTSC Wii and had bought the game online so it would work on my Wii. muhahahaaaa quick thinking

Shows how much I know. I thought I had read that the US and PAL regions shared servers. I thought it was only Japan that had separate servers, and assumed that was due to the language barrier.
Wait, does this mean I can't play with my American friends? :/ I hate seperate servers!! It's crap!
Isn't there friend codes?? I thought it was going to be friend codes...

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Cuber said:
Wait, does this mean I can't play with my American friends? :/ I hate seperate servers!! It's crap!
Isn't there friend codes?? I thought it was going to be friend codes...
The servers are separated. US plays with US, PAL with PAL, and Japan with Japan.

The servers are maintained by Capcom and do not use Nintendo's Friend Code system (thank goodness). Instead, the first time you take a character to the City that character is assigned a six-letter account ID. You can look up and add anyone who is currently online by searching for their character name or account ID. You can also add people (who are online) via PM. You can have six online characters per Wii.

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
The US and PAL games were released almost simultaneously.

You sure they have seperate servers?

That makes little sense tbh.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Ive missed it but doesn't it say that every Tuesday the server are having maintenance check?
And if its over maybe that it didn't restart properly?
EDIT: It shows every time you connect to online

Schuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
atomikramp said:
i played mh3 online only for a couple of minutes, using sneek +di and i didn't have any disconnection issue.

but my emulated nand was clean (no hacks installed), so maybe the games doesn't detect anything wrong.

oh, and btw (OT), can i use a keyboard with mh3?
chatting in game is a pain in the arse without a keyboard.
Yup, you can use a USB Keyboard.

BTW, I played it online for a while with a Wiikey (I also have HBC installed), and had no issues.

Maybe it's something related to softmods?

Are you using a burned copy? If so how did you get that to run? My wiikey doesn't seem to agree with iso's burned for this game.

Klarkykat

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Ok, yeah, sure it makes little sense to you. Look at it like this, go and try to ping a website from a completely different country. Look at how delayed it is compared to a website in your own country. Now lets think if there was one global server. Many peoples ping rate would be rather low, or at least low enough to not efficiently do online gameplay.

So yeah, it would make more sense that there are separate servers for each region.

Imagine a US person playing against someone in china. You would see the other player just jump spaces like crazy and gameplay would be FAR from accurate.

I getya, but the wii isn't very demanding in terms of bandwith anyway. I've been playing in the American servers and there's been virtually no lag at all.

I think people should at least have an option to play with people from a different region.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Klarkykat said:
I getya, but the wii isn't very demanding in terms of bandwith anyway. I've been playing in the American servers and there's been virtually no lag at all.
I think people should at least have an option to play with people from a different region.
I would think MH would be one of the more demanding games, network-wise. Consider that up to four Wiis must constantly keep track of four unique hunters doing any of a large range of animations, along with potentially dozens of monsters. It's a technological marvel that the game is able to run lag-free as is. If there was even a 100ms lag the game would become far more difficult.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Klarkykat said:

Ok, yeah, sure it makes little sense to you. Look at it like this, go and try to ping a website from a completely different country. Look at how delayed it is compared to a website in your own country. Now lets think if there was one global server. Many peoples ping rate would be rather low, or at least low enough to not efficiently do online gameplay.

So yeah, it would make more sense that there are separate servers for each region.

Imagine a US person playing against someone in china. You would see the other player just jump spaces like crazy and gameplay would be FAR from accurate.

to cut this message short, the latency (lag) would be too great if there was 1 global server and you had a shitty connection, it wouldnt be fun at all

Szalkow said:
QUOTE(Klarkykat @ Apr 27 2010, 10:23 PM)
I would think MH would be one of the more demanding games, network-wise. Consider that up to four Wiis must constantly keep track of four unique hunters doing any of a large range of animations, along with potentially dozens of monsters. It's a technological marvel that the game is able to run lag-free as is. If there was even a 100ms lag the game would become far more difficult.

you would be surprised how little games use over the net, for 4 people playing a game would use little bandwidth, voice comms use very little bandwidth too depending on the codec, look at a mmo for instance that uses alot more upload than download, so if you got very little upload bandwidth you would experience more lag, most companies try to reduce the amount of traffic to keep costs down, or use a peer to peer playing system which some games do like grand slam tennis does, or another mmo called project torque does aswell

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
rizzod said:
That is why you be a smart person like the rest of the world and run ur wii games off USB

$20 for 50 Blank DVDs versus Minimum $80 for a dedicated hardrive only to be used for the wii which won't even hold 50 wii games (if it's a 250GB)?

Nono

But I am gonna remove darkcorpse and use something else

I reburned the game at x4 and i'm playing online so far no freeze

Woaah. I'm glad you got your game running without freezes, but I've gotta stop the false info here. A 250GB drive holds way more than 50 games. You seem to be under the impression that all games are 4.5GB on HD, while the reality is that most are well under half that size. When a game is copied to hd, it is scrubbed. Many games are well under 1GB. I would say that on average, a 250GB drive will hold a little over 100 games, that all load faster than original discs (and SIGNIFICANTLY faster than backup discs, which are plagued with those skipping cutscenes) along with the added bonus of never having a scratched disc, or even having to get up and switch discs to play a new game. Also, you can find a 1TB drive for under $100 without looking very hard.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alpha_noj said:
Not sure how you're loading the game, but Hermes v4 IOS 222 37 merged with 38 and 002 fix on and the game runs perfectly for me. That ban notice does occur every so often, as well as one stating to go outside once in a while.

And I bought and ripped the game. This is one series I'll support for a looong time.

Ditto!

Although my game is still sealed, as I downloaded it the day before I could make it to the store to pick it up.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackDave said:
Chemodile said:
BlackDave said:
rizzod said:
I'm not agreeing with BlackDave, but for what it's worth I just ordered a brand new 640gb WD portable drive for $70, saw a 500gb Seagate for $50, and had a difficult time finding 50 quality -Rs on either Amazon or Newegg for under $30. I've been a supporter of discs since the beginning but my spindle just ran out and the discs I used to buy aren't made anymore. Current prices persuaded me to finally suck it up and buy a dedicated Wii HDD. They've gotten pretty cheap and it's worth it to spring a little extra for full speed backups (no more painfully slow cutscenes or loading sequences) and never having to deal with switching discs or re-alphabetizing my collection again, especially now that USB loaders have had some time to develop quite nicely.

Also a 250gb would hold more than 50 games easily. Even assuming no compression, 4.7GiB x 50 = 235GiB and 250GB = 233GiB. In reality, a majority of Wii games are under 1 or 2GiB.

/derail

Moving in a more "related to the current thread" direction, I wouldn't be surprised if the drive speed is what they're detecting. Microsoft bans for slight timing deviations all the time and usually we end up being wrong when we adopt an "it's impossible for the people who built this console to find out what we're doing with it!" attitude. Nintendo may just be taking a while to catch on.

I walked in BestBuy and bought 50 DVD-R for 20 bucks....

The game is running fine now. I played through two quests online and didn't freeze at all....Dunno if it's because I burned the disc at x4 or the servers are better. I did try to run it from neogamma and it went NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHH like the first time but using darkcorpse it runs fine...

:S

My sister and I went to Fry's yesterday and bought 100 of them for $23.80 (Maxwell brand).

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My guess is either IOS/sleep problem or bad dump. Avatar had similar problems and everyone spazzed out and called BCA when it just ended up being a bad dump circulating.

BlackDave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I've been playing this game online for more than two hours and nothing happened.

So it was a bad burn and/or bad servers (I burned it at x8 the first time, now x4)

Close thread if you want

elmariachi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DeadlyFoez said:
Klarkykat said:

Works accurate enough on MK ?
And to my experience there's no difference in continental or worldwide ...

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
Klarkykat said:

I know that makes sense, but I still really hate it.. I have a lot of people from the US I'd like to play with... It's never really THAT bad when I play games with servers for the entire world. :/

It's nice that they aren't using friend codes, but still... v-v; I'd of liked some way to play with my US friends, like with PSO you could choose Europe, Japan or PAL servers when you started the game. ._.

raylinth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To clarify, the message "Capcom says: The use of modified data blah blah blah" is a periodic message sent to everyone online at certain intervals. Playing the a store-bought copy, I will see this message.

The fact that you froze and this message appeared is unrelated, just timely coincidence.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
I just started playing MHT today. I dont see what the huge deal is about with this game. To me it is rather boring compared to other great games that have come out recently.

So when does online play come into this game? It must be once you get into the city.

Yeah, the RPG type of games just don't suit my type of playing experience that I enjoy. To each his own. But then again, I'm not a gamer type person. My game is hacking and overcoming restrictions. I have more fun there.
It's another Monster Hunter game, a series which is well-established in Japan. The appeal is immediate for those people who can enjoy grindfests and equipment-based RPG's, but for most the real draw is fighting large monsters (something which happens pretty much every mission once you're partway into the game).

When you enter the City, you are automatically assigned your online ID and Hunter Rank (which is based on online missions and experience). Honestly, the online game is the major draw here - why play the game alone when you can play with three other people? You'll still need to go back to Single Player to unlock some of the better equipment though.

This game never ceases to surprise me - one time we were in the desert area collecting crystals for a basic fetch quest when a Diablos, one of the most powerful dragon enemies in the game, appeared and began wrecking our team. It's the thrill of the hunt (or the retreat) that makes this game really awesome.

F

faroe

it has appeared the same message to me but nothing else happened
smile.gif

i keep playing as always its just a warning message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu