Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate comes to Nintendo Switch

mhgu.JPG

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, the follow up to Monster Hunter Generations, marks the series debut on Nintendo Switch!

Capcom's press release today gave us a taste of what to expect from the game:

For the first time, gamers have the flexibility to play both local wireless and online multiplayer with up to three other hunters whether playing at home on the big screen or on the go in handheld or table top mode.

The new title features a blend of classic gameplay and unique new twists, brand new explorable areas and monsters, plus returning fan-favourites like the lightning fast Zinogre and the stealthy long-tailed Nargacuga. This release introduces a new quest level called “G” rank that features even more formidable versions of familiar foes, truly testing experienced hunters’ battle tactics now with different moves and abilities never before seen in the wild!

For newcomers to the series, the gameplay features ton of powerful super moves called Hunter Arts that can be executed with a quick tap on the touch screen. Players can experiment and choose from six different Hunting Styles including two new ones called Brave Style, which rewards players with new moves for landing successive attacks, and Alchemy Style, a support style that grants the ability to creating useful items on the fly during combat. Hunters are encouraged to explore and customize the experience between quests to find the most personalized playstyle.

Some screenshots of the game were also released:

6.JPG

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Oh, and here's a sweet announcement trailer:

Players of the original Monster Hunter Generations can transfer save data from the previous title to continue their journey in Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate.

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate launches on August 28th, 2018 for digital and physical retail purchase across Europe and North America.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. If this was your first time, then this is one of the must haves. I see now where youre coming from. :D

P.S. could someone explain this?
View attachment 122981
What links? How does that work? Is it a crossplay? To which 3ds game?
Yeah its crossplay with the switch and 3ds monster hunter xx, they had crossplay between the 3ds and wii u monster hunter 3 ultimate as well :)

Reactions: chirogan

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yeah its crossplay with the switch and 3ds monster hunter xx, they had crossplay between the 3ds and wii u monster hunter 3 ultimate as well :)
What are you even talking about? XX had crossplay with XX, but what you are saying is that there's cross-play between Gen and GU, which is NEVER gonna be a thing. The most we can get is common servers for Japan and the rest of the world so GU and XX can play together, only then will we have cross-play and that's even more unlikely to happen than snow in 40°C...

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
MH World barely can play without framedrops on the normal PS4, the Switch could never run it, unless it got really dumbed down and the loading times would still be incredibly long.
The problem of MHWorld to carry it to Switch is the amount of special effects it contains. In Switch it would crashearia or walk very slowly. If you delete all this and run at least in Low Poly, you could definitely carry it, but you would notice the graphic fault. Do you really want an MHWorld with 3DS graphics on the Switch?

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you even talking about? XX had crossplay with XX, but what you are saying is that there's cross-play between Gen and GU, which is NEVER gonna be a thing. The most we can get is common servers for Japan and the rest of the world so GU and XX can play together, only then will we have cross-play and that's even more unlikely to happen than snow in 40°C...
Switch monster hunter xx is cross compatible with 3ds monster hunter xx this isn't something that can be argued these are objective facts.http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/28/monster-hunter-xx-for-switch-will-support-3ds-cross-play
3ds monster hunter 3 ultimate has crossplay with wii u monster hunter 3 ultimate on wii u, this is also a fact.

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The problem of MHWorld to carry it to Switch is the amount of special effects it contains. In Switch it would crashearia or walk very slowly. If you delete all this and run at least in Low Poly, you could definitely carry it, but you would notice the graphic fault. Do you really want an MHWorld with 3DS graphics on the Switch?
MH World looks like it belongs on Switch already TBH. The Monster Hunter games have never been known for super high-end graphics though, and I doubt they could optimize that well.

Last edited by Xzi,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
MH World looks like it belongs on Switch already TBH. The Monster Hunter games have never been known for super high-end graphics though, and I doubt they could optimize that well.

Let's say that if you can, with work. But Capcom does not want to do it (Or at least announce it if they will be doing it), for marketing reasons. They do not want errors at the graphic level.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does it looks it belongs to the switch considering it strugles to run properly on more powerful hardware? i mean, unless you want a more dumbed down version, which is fine since i was pretty used to the dumbed down version of the cod games on the wii :P

Btw, is it going to be full price? 60 bucks is already too expensive for a 3ds game in hd...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Let's say that if you can, with work. But Capcom does not want to do it (Or at least announce it if they will be doing it), for marketing reasons. They do not want errors at the graphic level.
I'm fine with this one, and it's actually smart of Capcom to do this, because they know most people who own a Switch also own a PS4 or gaming PC. They're more likely to buy two different games than buy the same game twice.

How does it looks it belongs tos witch considering it strugles on more powerful hardware?
Because the graphics for MH:W on PS4/XB1 look more like PS3/XB360. The fact that it struggles isn't because it looks like the Witcher 3 (it doesn't), it's because it's poorly optimized. Not that I care that much, I'm sure it'll look at least a little better on PC, and I'm buying it for the gameplay.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: ThoD

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello Darkness my old friend....

1. Get monster hunter on cfw 3ds and edit savegame
2. Transfer edit savegame to switch
3. ???
4. Profit

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Well, time to wait for the switch release, then rip the assets and then insert them in MHXX for 3DS for a proper English version!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Without the special effects and all that, MHWorld isn't really MHWorld to be honest, so let's leave World to PC/PS4/XBox One and GU/XX to Switch, that way, everyone has something to play:P

Switch monster hunter xx is cross compatible with 3ds monster hunter xx this isn't something that can be argued these are objective facts.http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/28/monster-hunter-xx-for-switch-will-support-3ds-cross-play
3ds monster hunter 3 ultimate has crossplay with wii u monster hunter 3 ultimate on wii u, this is also a fact.
You LITERALLY said the same thing I did... XX can play with XX, but XX CAN'T play with X, so GU can't play with Gen, meaning cross-platform isn't gonna be a thing. GU is coming ONLY on the Switch, meaning the 3DS won't have it, so it can't play with it. ONLY chance for cross-platform would be if the servers are merged instead of having a Japan only and an international one, so it would be XX with GU, still not Gen with GU.

Finally =D

will they fix the frame pacing issues tho?
If you are referring to the very rare framedrop by 1-2 frames when many effects are on screen (eg: Bloodlust Diablos), then those are only in the 3DS version as far as I know...

Hello Darkness my old friend....

1. Get monster hunter on cfw 3ds and edit savegame
2. Transfer edit savegame to switch
3. ???
4. Profit
1. Get MH on CFW 3DS and edit save game
2. Transfer edited save game to Switch
3. Get banned
4. Cry:P

Reactions: Frexxos

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
If you are referring to the very rare framedrop by 1-2 frames when many effects are on screen (eg: Bloodlust Diablos), then those are only in the 3DS version as far as I know...
No, Switch has frame pacing issues too, not as bad as MH3U´s on the Wii U but still

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Without the special effects and all that, MHWorld isn't really MHWorld to be honest, so let's leave World to PC/PS4/XBox One and GU/XX to Switch, that way, everyone has something to play:P

You LITERALLY said the same thing I did... XX can play with XX, but XX CAN'T play with X, so GU can't play with Gen, meaning cross-platform isn't gonna be a thing. GU is coming ONLY on the Switch, meaning the 3DS won't have it, so it can't play with it. ONLY chance for cross-platform would be if the servers are merged instead of having a Japan only and an international one, so it would be XX with GU, still not Gen with GU.

1. Get MH on CFW 3DS and edit save game
2. Transfer edited save game to Switch
3. Get banned
4. Cry:P
That's literally what I said in my first comment I have zero clue why the hell you keep replying to me, when I said "switch and 3ds monster hunter xx" I meant switch monster hunter xx and 3ds monster hunter xx. I have not once mentioned Generations or generations ultimate, any misunderstanding is 100% entirely your fault.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's literally what I said in my first comment I have zero clue why the hell you keep replying to me, when I said "switch and 3ds monster hunter xx" I meant switch monster hunter xx and 3ds monster hunter xx. I have not once mentioned Generations or generations ultimate, any misunderstanding is 100% entirely your fault.
Even if you said XX, you were replying on a picture from GENERATIONS ULTIMATE. Reason your post was misleading so I tried to clarify it.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
are people who say this being ironic?
just compare xenoblade 2's performance with insanely lower visuals all around and that's a in-house game with full support from the internal R&D who made the damn thing.

world struggles hard on the vanilla ps4, it's nowhere close to any existing switch game visually considering the amount of rendering MH has going on at once

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.