Hacking Modmii on USB

Dicandio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is a 4.3 and I downloaded the Modmii program unto a USB memory stick as I don't have a SD card reader. I am really new to all this (still trying to figure how how to burn dvd's) LOL . I am really unsure of what to do and really don't want to mess up my Wii. If it does mess up, is there a way to undo the mess? LOL

Thank you,
Sondra

ps. I do have a internet on the Wii if that's makes a difference?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, Modmii is installed/run on a computer....it does the downloading via the internet to a file you must move to an SD card...somehow...

the hackmii installer (the first step of modding) must be done with an SD card in the wii, a USB stick does not work.

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You will need a SD card for the majority of the modding process.

Just go buy a cheap 1-2gb card, and make sure it is not SDHC.

EDIT:

Having an Internet Connection; can help in some cases.
If you mess up your console (which is unlikely if you follow directions correctly), then you are proably messed up for good.. unless you have a NAND backup, and Priiloader installed/ or BootMii as boot2.)

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you had a camera or something with an SD card slot, you could feasibly move the files there with that. but if you cannot organize them properly, it's of no use....

@EmbraceFiction: i think once you get HBC on the wii, you could do pretty much everything else from a USB stick (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though)....

EmbraceFiction

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
brausm08 said:
if you had a camera or something with an SD card slot, you could feasibly move the files there with that. but if you cannot organize them properly, it's of no use....

@EmbraceFiction: i think once you get HBC on the wii, you could do pretty much everything else from a USB stick (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though)....

Yes; I think you are right.
If you are using 4.0+, then you will have the HBC in IOS58, which supports a more broad arrangement of USB devices.

Though, I would still recommend using a SD card, because there are still a lot of apps that only support SD devices.
I could not get Multi-Mod Manager to work with any of my devices, and I don't think that the mod for animal crossing works with a USB either.

EDIT:

Either one of these devices need to be formatted to FAT32, or have a FAT32 partition (USB).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.