Modmii on USB

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dicandio, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Dicandio
    OP

Dicandio Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2011
    United States
    My Wii is a 4.3 and I downloaded the Modmii program unto a USB memory stick as I don't have a SD card reader. I am really new to all this (still trying to figure how how to burn dvd's) LOL . I am really unsure of what to do and really don't want to mess up my Wii. If it does mess up, is there a way to undo the mess? LOL

Thank you,
    Sondra

ps. I do have a internet on the Wii if that's makes a difference?

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    well, Modmii is installed/run on a computer....it does the downloading via the internet to a file you must move to an SD card...somehow...

the hackmii installer (the first step of modding) must be done with an SD card in the wii, a USB stick does not work.

3. EmbraceFiction

EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    You will need a SD card for the majority of the modding process.

Just go buy a cheap 1-2gb card, and make sure it is not SDHC.

EDIT:

Having an Internet Connection; can help in some cases.
    If you mess up your console (which is unlikely if you follow directions correctly), then you are proably messed up for good.. unless you have a NAND backup, and Priiloader installed/ or BootMii as boot2.)

4. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    if you had a camera or something with an SD card slot, you could feasibly move the files there with that. but if you cannot organize them properly, it's of no use....

@EmbraceFiction: i think once you get HBC on the wii, you could do pretty much everything else from a USB stick (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong though)....

5. EmbraceFiction

EmbraceFiction GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Yes; I think you are right.
    If you are using 4.0+, then you will have the HBC in IOS58, which supports a more broad arrangement of USB devices.

Though, I would still recommend using a SD card, because there are still a lot of apps that only support SD devices.
    I could not get Multi-Mod Manager to work with any of my devices, and I don't think that the mod for animal crossing works with a USB either.

EDIT:

Either one of these devices need to be formatted to FAT32, or have a FAT32 partition (USB).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice