Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to say thank you. For the installer, the guide, and the help you gave me yesterday on the Wii for Idiots thread.
yaywii.gif
I have a properly working Wii (ie properly modded) for the first time in three years. Sadly I only have five games. So to the Wii Essentials Game List thread I go.
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
as the author of ModMii I'm obliged to inform you my opinion is biased, but yes, I would say this is the best way to mod your Wii

As long as u follow the instructions to the letter, the only risk you face is the risk of power failure during the installation of a couple crucial files... and those file(s) only take 10-30 seconds to install so chances of losing power at the exact wrong moment are very slim... and even if it somehow happens u can recover easily if u were able to have bootmii installed @ boot2, and even if u don't u can recover using an infectus modchip (assuming u made a nand backup already, which ModMii woulda instructed u to do before installing those crucial files I mentioned above)

long story short, 7 year olds have successfully modded Wii's using ModMii (might have been 6 years old, I can't remember right now). And another success story was received by someone over the age of 60. It really doesn't matter how technically competent u are, ModMii allows anyone to unlock their Wii.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sharpshooter7 said:
one more question, ive got an australian pal wii, will i be able to play ntsc .iso files?
Yes you can. You can set the usb loader you use to force Pal50 or Pal60 video mode

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.5.4 Released!

by XFlak

Now Also In ITALIAN!
(Translation provided by Wasabi and Step)

Download ModMii Installer Here

Download Italian ModMii Installer Here

Download French ModMii Installer Here

French version not updated yet, it's still at version 4.5.2

See first post for more info.

A big thanks goes out to Wasabi and Step who did an amazing job translating ModMii into Italian.
They truly went above and beyond to make sure every single accent was displayed properly... which is a lot harder than it sounds.
Great job guys!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sharpshooter7 said:
one more question, ive got an australian pal wii, will i be able to play ntsc .iso files?
Yup, you can play games from any region (doesn't matter if they are legit or pirated either)

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really true that no one has ever been bricked from following a Modmii guide? I could imagine that there's always a chance you could run into the AHBPROT bug while installing priiloader ad then, bam, system files are corrupt.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
totally true, I've never EVER had a single brick report... and if someone somehow manages to brick using ModMii, it's safe to assume its because they didn't follow the guide properly.

the priiloader installer that ModMii uses doesn't use ahbprot, instead it uses a patched IOS236 to install

swaffar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i'm about to pull out my hair... i have a previously softmodded wii. 4.2U with boot2v4.
i used modmii 4.5.4 and tried all four possible setups. u/sneek +/- di. i've followed everything to a T. i chose the green background so i could more easily tell if i was in the emulated nand. i try to switch to the fake nand via HBC and the forwarder but it doesn't work. it says it's copying the 4 subfolder from nand1 to the root, then the system resets, but i'm greeted with the original theme wii channels. and pressing 1,-,+ don't brink up any of the s/uneek menus like they should. so although i'm not in an emulated nand, if i load switch2uneek it asks me if i want to switch back to ORIGINAL.

as far as joyflow, i've tried two different forwarders... one freezes at a stack dump error screen. the other shows a joyflow splash screen, then freezes on a black screen. if i try to load joyflow through HBC the screen fades to black, then just brings me back to the HBC.

i've tried two different sd cards and two different hdd's. reformatting them every time. fat32 32kb for the hdd every time.

that the f*** am i not doing?

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
did u try copying a cert.sys from an original nand.bin to your sys folder of your emunand?

confirm ur emulated nand is working before trying switch2uneek by getting normal sneek setups to work properly

joyflow only works when launched from an emulated nand, it is designed not to load when running real nand, otherwise it will just fail anyways

edit: try extracting one of ur nand dumps to use as your emulated nand and see if that works any better

swaffar

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
works a million. thanks for the quick help. i realize that these questions probably get asked sever times, but 200+ pages is a little much to sort through
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1