• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

skga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a working reliable mirror up right now?
Chrome and Firefox both give phishing warning when trying to visit modmii.comuf.com

The original site seems to be down.

melack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I want to update the System Menu of a very old wii (3.4U, already softmodded) using ModMii. I want to do this to be able to use SHDC cards for nand emulation. ModMii recommends updating to System Menu 4.1U. After following the wizard I end up with 2 wad files:
- IOS60v16174(IOS60v6174[FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP]).wad, and
- SystemMenu_4.1U_v449.wad.

I understand that if I don't install IOS 60 before installing System Menu 4.1 I will brick my wii. However, I can also download a regular IOS60-64-v6174.wad, which is confusing...:

1. Which of the IOS 60 wads should I install? What is the meaning of "FS-ES-NP-VP-DIP"?
2. How many free blocks do I need before the update?
3. After updating, will the virtual console games I have installed be deleted? Will I lose any nand free space?
4. Will I lose any of the system channels (Mii channel, photo, shopping channel, netflix, usbloader gx forwarder..)? If yes, can I install them later (e.g. Mii channel)?
5. I already have the latest shopping channel (v21) installed with IOS62. Will I still be able to use it? Do I need to install IOS 61 too?
6. Do I need to install anything else (i.e. install or update any other IOS)? It seems most are out of date, does it matter? I'm including the syscheck of this wii just in case.

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 3.4U (v385)
Drive date: 2007.02.13
Homebrew Channel 1.1.0 running on IOS58
HomebrewFilter ist nicht installiert
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 73111567
Boot2 v3
Found 325 titles.
Found 37 IOS on this console. 5 of them are stub.
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 520): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 11): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 15): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 262): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 265): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 257): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 517): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 522): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 777): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1292): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3088): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 2832): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3087): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3088): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3090): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 3609): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 3610): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 4889): No Patches
IOS53 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5149): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS202[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.2): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222[38] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223[37] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224[57] (rev 65535, Info: hermes-v5.1): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS245[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS246[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v8final): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS249[57] (rev 19, Info: waninkoko-v19): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[38] (rev 65535, Info: waninkoko-v19): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v5
MIOS v10
That's a lot of questions hehe.. Sorry, but I really don't want to mess this up.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by melack,

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I wanted to update o wii of a friend with modmii (6.3.6). Have made a proper syscheck (that ive downloaded with the modmii today) on wii, and when I load the .cvs for modmii analyze, modmii do nothing: Its stay at a full blue screen, and then returns asking me to load the log I just loaded. I think its not suposed to do this.

chris.arney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Wii running 4.3U. I had modded it a couple years ago, but hadn't done much with it. I couldn't remember what exploit I used, etc, and saw that modmii would handle everything. I went through, and selected the defaults for everything. I've installed the HBC, patched IOS236 (using IOS236 Installer method A), PriiLoader, and WADs. Somewhere during this process, the Wiimote's power button doesn't bring up the menu like it's supposed to. If I press and hold the button, the Wii powers down, so I know the button is electrically and mechanically working. I can't bring up the HBC menu that has the version number. I searched through this thread and didn't find anything. Any ideas how to fix this?

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got a Wii running 4.3U. I had modded it a couple years ago, but hadn't done much with it. I couldn't remember what exploit I used, etc, and saw that modmii would handle everything. I went through, and selected the defaults for everything. I've installed the HBC, patched IOS236 (using IOS236 Installer method A), PriiLoader, and WADs. Somewhere during this process, the Wiimote's power button doesn't bring up the menu like it's supposed to. If I press and hold the button, the Wii powers down, so I know the button is electrically and mechanically working. I can't bring up the HBC menu that has the version number. I searched through this thread and didn't find anything. Any ideas how to fix this?

Maybe just resync controller as controller one? http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/4973
You can also try delete data of synchronized wiimotes, and resync your wiimotes. You trying, I guess, turn the wii ON, and I understood that its only turn your wii OFF, is it?

Last edited by almmiron,

chris.arney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything about the remote works. All of the buttons work, except to bring up that one menu. I tried 2 different wiimotes. Tapping the power button does nothing. Holding the power button turns the Wii off. I tried syncing again, because it doesn't hurt, but it still won't react to the power button. Is that a feature that can be enabled/disabled using modmii?

Additionally, I configured modmii for a FAT32 USB drive, and my "COPY_TO_USB" folder is empty. I read that was only something that happened if you selected NTFS as your formatted drive.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Am I missing something?
To bring up the Home menu, you press the Home button between the the "-" and "+" button
the power button always turn on/off the console.

lazy_liberal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Additionally, I configured modmii for a FAT32 USB drive, and my "COPY_TO_USB" folder is empty. I read that was only something that happened if you selected NTFS as your formatted drive.

I'm having the same issue. Tried NTFS and FAT32 both and my "COPY_TO_USB" folder remains empty. I'm going to try and reinstall everything and see if it works (edit: it didn't).

It's also possible I have no idea what I'm doing and COPY_TO_USB is supposed to be empty.

edit: also also possible i've waited too long to get into wiibrew and the thread is dead

final edit: stuck the usb in the back and launched the usb loader on homebrew channel and everything worked just fine. nothing needed to be in the "copy_to_usb" folder after all.

Last edited by lazy_liberal,

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I want to use mod mii to mount an Emunand, but I don't want to create a NAND, I have my own dumped already, can I do this? Or do I need to follow the softmod guide extensive tutorial on compiling?

That aside, the latest version is not downloading some things, like mymenufy, VBA and SNES9x wii versions.

Also I hope that by picking the rev 96 I am not making a huge mistake.

Last edited by Duncan Idaho,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use your own dump.
I even recommend it, it's faster and you keep all your settings (wiimote synch, miis, saves, etc.)

just generate the neek files to put on sd or usb.
verify in the option that it will generate the "neek2o" ones.

r96 is the correct, and latest, neek2o version for Wii.

I don't know if modmii is downloading all files from googlecode, or some on wiibrew, but today wiibrew servers are all offline so it may be why it's not finding emulators.
don't worry, wiibrew server always comes back after few hours/days.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
I kinda need some help right now....

For some reason, the hackmii installler is stuck on the scam notice.
I tried following the hackmii solution earlier cuz I kept getting the "no vulnerable ios".

Not sure if this is important, but when I tried installing the wads according to the guide, ios58-64-v1676 constantly fails to be installed.

Any clues?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if it doesn't find any vulnerable IOS, it's probably because you already replaced them (probably using PimpMyWii ?)
if you already tempered with your IOS, you already have the homebrew channel installed?

We need more information on your current state.
nobody knows what you did in the past, what you have currently, and what you are using.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
if it doesn't find any vulnerable IOS, it's probably because you already replaced them (probably using PimpMyWii ?)
if you already tempered with your IOS, you already have the homebrew channel installed?

We need more information on your current state.
nobody knows what you did in the past, what you have currently, and what you are using.
This wii is a hand me down from my cousins.
From how it looks, it seems to be a region changed korean wii to 4.1U.
There is absolutely no Homebrew channel installed into the system.

Not sure if this means that it was already modded prior, but whenever a gamecube game is started, the screen would turn green for about a second, then resume the game.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, it's a korean console.
Sorry, I'm not very good with region changed korean consoles. I never had to help users with them, and I wouldn't want to tell you bad advices. it could cause issue or brick if I don't tell you the good info.

in modmii there's no option to tell that you don't have any vulnerable IOS? or that your console is a korean changed to us?

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
ah, it's a korean console.
Sorry, I'm not very good with region changed korean consoles. I never had to help users with them, and I wouldn't want to tell you bad advices. it could cause issue or brick if I don't tell you the good info.

in modmii there's no option to tell that you don't have any vulnerable IOS? or that your console is a korean changed to us?
Nnnnnnnnnnope.
None at all.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I forgot to compile the latest version of neek2o through ModMii last night. Is it true that now that it's the new year I will no longer be able to do that anymore? Any chance that ModMii will be updated to allow it to be compiled again through it? Otherwise I guess I'll have to figure out how to compile it the regular way.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Clutz450 Google Code will close on January 25th, so it will work until this day. Maybe @XFlak could host the SNEEK files himself?

Thanks for the reply. I was told googlecode was closing on January 1st. Not the 25th. But I tried ModMii anyways and I was able to compile neek2o. So at least I have that and I will keep it safe somewhere in case I need it again. At least until a new revision comes out. Lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs