Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So...
to be sure i dont do something stupid, i go and use the yugioh exploit to install the homebrewchannel and probably bootmii as IOS (what does that stand for anyway?)
get myself that nand backup (which would be clean at his point?) then install priiloader incase something bricks to be able to still access bootmii and the nand recovery function

and then use the few emulators im intrested in and im mostly on the safe side?

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
Snowii said:
MysticX said:
so, what´s one do to to get Black Ops working? Just install cIOS224[57]-v5.1.wad?

just wanna make sure that I won´t fuck anything up.

I would like to know this too please.
Also might be a good idea to update the 42mod/43mod zips now as there are new versions IOS's now I think, also maybe add cIOS 224 [57 Base] v5.1 as part of the install so black ops runs without anyone having to install it seperately after.
I'm not that tech minded and I dont know if this would mess up the mod procedure just an idea, obviously dont change anything thats goin to break it
wink.gif

I have used this softmod a few times now and so far it been fullproof for me
smile.gif

How do you manually install cIOS 224 [57 Base] v5.1

Please Note : The only loaders that support IOS224 are Cfg Loader, Wiiflow and Uloader.
Just use the installer.
http://filetrip.net/g25124395-hermes-cIOS-Installer.html

Should I install that into ISO 236? As per guided?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
@xzxero

The guide for mod42/43 says MMM is version 13.4 but when you download the 42mod/43mod.zip the app is 13.2 (meta.xml) confirms this.

Pretty sure when I used it last week it was showing 13.2 when I launched it.

Cheers

Read the update a couple of days later. Reverted back to ios236 installer, there is no functional difference from 13.2 to 13.4 (as far as the guide is concerned).

-Erik

dai_uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
dai_uk said:
burritoboy9984 said:
You can grab the cios.zip, and install whatever wads you want
smile.gif
Wiiflow should work with v19
smile.gif

-Erik

Thanks - should I use MMM to do the install or just the one from last time, and is there any need to upgrade my hbc ?
yes use MMM to install the cIOS.
yes, the hbc update is required for many apps.

Thanks for your help, very easy - I updated HBC within itself and then used MMM to load ios 249 [57] from the cios.zip

Tool me a while to decide which base version to use, went for [57] as I don't have that usb peripheral so thought that'd conflict less, wiiflow still working.

Great guide here, thanks

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey:

I have a question - I read on the guide that this hack will only work on 4.2/4.3 Wii. Is this for a virgin 4.2/4.3 wii? What if a Wii has been softmodded before with older CIOS? Can I just restore the trucha bug on a 3xx Wii by installing a patched IOS236 and then install the latest CIOS?

Thanks...

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again.......2 more hacked with your guide. The 236 installer code dumped because I wasnt online on the first attempt but worked the second try. Thanks again for all the work

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is having problems with homebrew giving you a DSI Exception error(Black Screen with many numbers) and you are not connected to the internet through your wii, connect your sd card/hard drive to your computer and try going into the apps folder and the folder of the homebrew(s) that are giving you problems and right click the meta.xml file and select edit and delete the line "", then go to file and save it. Remove the card/hard drive from your computer and put it back into the wii, the homebrew should load fine with no crashes after that. The Problem lies in a bug with the homebrew channel trying to find an active internet connection and therefore when none is present it crashes. Thanks to ekeeke over at wiibrew.org for this info!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smurphyzeke said:
I am able to run any of the "Stacks" on any version? I have 4.2 and can't run Bannerbomb, the Smash Stack should work, right?

Yes. But bannerbomb does and should work. You would be better off finding out what you are doing wrong.

Pyrate02 said:
Hey:

I have a question - I read on the guide that this hack will only work on 4.2/4.3 Wii. Is this for a virgin 4.2/4.3 wii? What if a Wii has been softmodded before with older CIOS? Can I just restore the trucha bug on a 3xx Wii by installing a patched IOS236 and then install the latest CIOS?

Thanks...

It says it is for hacking 4.2 and 4.3 wii's. The reason it says that is so we know you are using the latest ios's more or less. But to answer your question, it should work fine on a

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
If you do that, then ios236 installer (which is the only program in this pack that uses it), won't work, so I wouldn't recommend that.

-Erik

So if I delete that line from the meta.xml files for my emulators then the ios installer won't work? I don't understand, what one have to do with the other?!
Besides that...the instructions have you install everything in the pack before loading any homebrew apps and also it should only be removed from apps which are experiencing the DSI exception error.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RchUncleSkeleton said:
burritoboy9984 said:
If you do that, then ios236 installer (which is the only program in this pack that uses it), won't work, so I wouldn't recommend that.

-Erik

So if I delete that line from the meta.xml files for my emulators then the ios installer won't work? I don't understand, what one have to do with the other?!
Besides that...the instructions have you install everything in the pack before loading any homebrew apps and also it should only be removed from apps which are experiencing the DSI exception error.

No, you never specified which homebrew to edit the file for, and you posted right after someone had replied about a black screen (in the ios236 installer) due to the bug, saying to remove the no ios reload tag. I don't want people getting confused and a ton of posts saying "I was told to remove this, and now the ios236 installer won't work".

-Erik

melodical

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Was just going to write the following (below in italics) when I fixed my problem.
I was originally using a 2gb sandisk standard sd card (non sdhc) which was a mini sd card in an adaptor and it woould not work at all.

To fix
I got another 128mb sd card and put an apps folder on the root of the sd card and put the iso236 folder inside there.
Also put the IOS36-64-v3351.wad in the root of the sd card and hey presto it installed first time. I am noing going to switch back to the 2gb sd card to finish the rest of the modding!

Hope thishelps!
smile.gif

WHAT I WAS GOING TO WRITE before fix:
I followed the 42e update guideand installed bootmii as boot 2 & ios.

Just followed the guide for a friend and updated it to a 4.2 pal and when switching to the 42mod it is refusing to run the ios236 installer through homebrew channel. I have set up a wifi connection and have waited for longer than 30 secs and for the light to stop flashing.
I have tried about 10-15 times now and every time I get the initial screen loading and press 1 and it says patching ios then black screens with a Exception DSI screen. The IOS36-64-v3351.wad file is definately on the root of the sd.

Can someone help me out please? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Clydefrosch said:
why would i want the homebrew channel going online anyway?

seems to me its only causing problems :/
HBC tries to connect always and if in the wiithere is a WiFi connection but not working set up homebrew apps using HW_AHBPROT will crash

yondaiime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I used this guide, followed every step but I wasn't able to make games work with HDD+usb. My wii is 4.2U, serial LU74. I tryed with usbloaderGX and wiiflow. In both loaders, the games were recognized, but I wasn't able to start them (in USBLoader the loader just stop, and in wiiflow the loader freezes at "loading")...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hey!