XP
Country
fattest said:
Q = question

Oh right, lol. Thanks for that.

@burritoboy9984

QUOTE said:
QUOTE(mickrick @ Oct 24 2010, 04:50 PM) *
As I said earlier Erik, when it gets to ios 37-64 v5663.wad it auto loads 36 again and the installs start failing

QUOTE said:
So it says ios 236 IS loaded? And then once you try to install 37, it gives an error, and then on the menu of MMM it says ios 36 is loaded?

-Erik

Yeah, I load 236 in ios manager, go back to wad manager and it installs all the ioses up to 37, then a message appears "auto loading ios36" or something like that, then the failing starts. When I go back to ios manager, 36 is loaded.

Erik, could you have a look at my syscheck and maybe point me where I'm going wrong? Cheers mate.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see why it would be doing that honestly. Try to load ios 249, and then see if it will let you install all the wads. If it reloads ios36 again (not sure why it would), then see if you can load ios249, and install only ios37.

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is using the one from the up42e pack which has autoload 36, but if you choose for it to load another, would that not overcome that? Or is there a bug which makes it reload 36? Regardless, you can delete the mmmconfig.txt from the root of the sd card and see if that makes a difference.

-Erik

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

One thing I was wondering about Priiloader - if you enable region free, will that affect games played in GX Loader? Meaning, could I add a PAL game to my hdd (NTSC Wii) and will it play without changing any settings in GX Loader and other USB loaders?

Thanks again...

diegoronrod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

One thing I was wondering about Priiloader - if you enable region free, will that affect games played in GX Loader? Meaning, could I add a PAL game to my hdd (NTSC Wii) and will it play without changing any settings in GX Loader and other USB loaders?

Thanks again...

Yes!!! I hack my Wii (NTSC), and put the disc of Mario Kart Wii (original from Germany -PAL-!!!) to run...

What's happen????
closedeyes.gif
Works through the disk channel perfectly!!!!
yaywii.gif

But, if you go run the same game of another region, you have to delete the save game before!!!
mad.gif

I don't know exactly why, perhaps brick de Wii...
unsure.gif

dahcmed

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there,
I've installed everything as per the 1st page. My question is on the USB Loader GX.

I have loaded the backup disks and extracted to HDD via USB loader GX. Most of the games run except for some - NFS, Cooking Mama, etc. It just gets to the point, after selecting the game and the disc symbol, then nothing happens, and Wii Hangs. But when I disconnect the HD, and just use a flash disk and load the backup disk, everything runs ok.

Do you think it's the HD that I'm using that is the problem?
When I connect the HD to my desktop using WFBS, I could see all the games that was extracted there by USB loader gx. Please help. Thanks.

watahboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used this thread for roughly 5 wii's already and for some reason I am having trouble this time. After creating the nand backup I am returning to HBC with internet connected and see no option to "run ios236 installer." I have attempted to download IOS 236 installer from the link given by the email and run that, but in the step following this (install 7 wads via MMM) I get "Ticket (2011)" ..."7 did not complete." I can not progress on to the priiloader step and am praying someone here can clear this up.

Btw this is the most awesomest guide on the interwebs and people here have always had the answers I needed.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I am on Wanin's Rev 17 and would like to update it to Rev 20. I tried using Cios Installed Xr20b but got an error message. I loaded it in 249 and set it to install in 249 - received this error:

ERROR! (ret + - 116)

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Should I first delete the current 249 and 250 and then try installing rev 20?

In the alternative, can someone please tell me how to update the ios using MMM?

Thanks...

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dahcmed said:
Hi there,
I've installed everything as per the 1st page. My question is on the USB Loader GX.

I have loaded the backup disks and extracted to HDD via USB loader GX. Most of the games run except for some - NFS, Cooking Mama, etc. It just gets to the point, after selecting the game and the disc symbol, then nothing happens, and Wii Hangs. But when I disconnect the HD, and just use a flash disk and load the backup disk, everything runs ok.

When I connect the HD to my desktop using WFBS, I could see all the games that was extracted there by USB loader gx. Please help. Thanks.

Sounds like a bad rip, try ripping them again.

QUOTE(watahboy @ Oct 28 2010, 11:41 PM) I have used this thread for roughly 5 wii's already and for some reason I am having trouble this time. After creating the nand backup I am returning to HBC with internet connected and see no option to "run ios236 installer." I have attempted to download IOS 236 installer from the link given by the email and run that, but in the step following this (install 7 wads via MMM) I get "Ticket (2011)" ..."7 did not complete." I can not progress on to the priiloader step and am praying someone here can clear this up.

Btw this is the most awesomest guide on the interwebs and people here have always had the answers I needed.

Dunno, try redownloading the filepack, format the memory card and copy everything over. The 236 installer is there.

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

I am on Wanin's Rev 17 and would like to update it to Rev 20. I tried using Cios Installed Xr20b but got an error message. I loaded it in 249 and set it to install in 249 - received this error:

ERROR! (ret + - 116)

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Should I first delete the current 249 and 250 and then try installing rev 20?

In the alternative, can someone please tell me how to update the ios using MMM?

Thanks...

If you follow the guide, it will install rev 20 in both slots for you
smile.gif
But to answer your question, you want to load ios236 and use it to install 249.

-Erik

watahboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
dahcmed said:
Hi there,

Sounds like a bad rip, try ripping them again.

QUOTE(watahboy @ Oct 28 2010, 11:41 PM) I have used this thread for roughly 5 wii's already and for some reason I am having trouble this time. After creating the nand backup I am returning to HBC with internet connected and see no option to "run ios236 installer." I have attempted to download IOS 236 installer from the link given by the email and run that, but in the step following this (install 7 wads via MMM) I get "Ticket (2011)" ..."7 did not complete." I can not progress on to the priiloader step and am praying someone here can clear this up.

Dunno, try redownloading the filepack, format the memory card and copy everything over. The 236 installer is there.

-Erik

You rock, I was trying to do it with the zip I dl'ed a few months ago, I downloaded a new one and voilla the the ios236 installer was in the apps directory. Just wanted to say thanks.

nintendough

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm having some trouble. I've had HBC and some custom wads installed for a while on 3.2U. I updated HBC but a friend foolishly updated my Wii to 4.3U about 2 weeks ago. I ran HBC/BootMii upgrade successfully and used this guide to install ios236. I used the trucha updated to fakesign 36 and was even able to reinstall a wad I was messing with (wanted to see if I could run custom from SD. fail) but when I go into MMM it doesn't show IOS36 v3551. Also when I try to run PriiLoader or another program I'm prompted to install IOS36 v3551 but am unable to do so from Nintendo servers!

All I want to do is rip my games to an HDD so when I have nephew/nieces over they don't handle and mess up my disks. So far everything still works but I'm confused as to what I need to do to enable all the hacks/fakesigns I need so I can install that cover flow wad.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!!

tzinos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all, i am following the steps in the first page, updated to 4.2e, runed bannerbomb and hackmii, run trucha bug. Now i want to start the multi mod manager. When i press it i see its version 13.2, and i have downloaded a newer version 13.4 Should i take out the sd card and replace with newer version? also which folders to replace? Or should i just go forward as it is with 13.2?

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir Erik:

Sorry to bother you again - I had another question and you seem to know the answers to just about everything. I created WADs from two VC games I had on my Wii using Wad Creator, and wanted to install them on a friend's Wii using MMM, but I got an error and it wouldnt install. Do you happen to know the correct procedure for doing so?

Thanks again for all your help.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendough said:
Hey guys. I'm having some trouble. I've had HBC and some custom wads installed for a while on 3.2U. I updated HBC but a friend foolishly updated my Wii to 4.3U about 2 weeks ago. I ran HBC/BootMii upgrade successfully and used this guide to install ios236. I used the trucha updated to fakesign 36 and was even able to reinstall a wad I was messing with (wanted to see if I could run custom from SD. fail) but when I go into MMM it doesn't show IOS36 v3551. Also when I try to run PriiLoader or another program I'm prompted to install IOS36 v3551 but am unable to do so from Nintendo servers!

All I want to do is rip my games to an HDD so when I have nephew/nieces over they don't handle and mess up my disks. So far everything still works but I'm confused as to what I need to do to enable all the hacks/fakesigns I need so I can install that cover flow wad.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!!!

This guide doesn't trucha your ios36... Just follow the guide from start to finish, copy over the usb loader of your choice to the sd card, hook up a usb drive and you are good to go.

QUOTE(Pyrate02 @ Oct 31 2010, 07:59 PM) Sir Erik:

Sorry to bother you again - I had another question and you seem to know the answers to just about everything. I created WADs from two VC games I had on my Wii using Wad Creator, and wanted to install them on a friend's Wii using MMM, but I got an error and it wouldnt install. Do you happen to know the correct procedure for doing so?

Thanks again for all your help.

Never messed with that honestly (wad creator, but it sounds like it does what bluedump does kinda, have you tried it as well?). But, if you tell what error it gave, we may be able to help anyways
smile.gif

-Erik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying