Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

TristanMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, thanks everyone very much for the assistance. It appears that everything is up and running and now I just have to resize my external so I can get an NTFS or WBFS partition since FAT won't hold any iso's larger than 4GB. What would I use to create WBFS partitions ?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TristanMike said:
OK, thanks everyone very much for the assistance. It appears that everything is up and running and now I just have to resize my external so I can get an NTFS or WBFS partition since FAT won't hold any iso's larger than 4GB. What would I use to create WBFS partitions ?

Backups > 4GB are perfectly fine @ FAT32, they are just split to 2 or more files, but works without problems.

jason43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a wii 4.3u soft modded from this guide. I wanna know is it possible to even play wiware/VC games? It says triforce only works with rev 17 so does that mean I'm outta luck?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jason43 said:
I have a wii 4.3u soft modded from this guide. I wanna know is it possible to even play wiware/VC games? It says triforce only works with rev 17 so does that mean I'm outta luck?

I modded my 4.2u using this guide and I just install their WAD using WAD Manager 1.7 and move them to SD using Wii's Data Management. I don't know if exists a easier method btw.

TristanMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MaGosT said:
Hey, which file is recommended for a 4.2E wii. The 42mod.zip or the up42e.zip?
Looks like you simply need "42mod.zip". The other file (up42e) is only if you are below 4.2 euro firmware. I'm sure another, more experienced user can confirm this.

MaGosT

Trophies
XP
Country
hahahaha im so sorry XDXD
confused myself terribad
smile.gif

the up42 is only for ppl

TristanMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuan said:
TristanMike said:

Backups > 4GB are perfectly fine @ FAT32, they are just split to 2 or more files, but works without problems.
Can you please point me to software (or instructions) on how to split an .iso I have that is over 4GB

EDIT: Also, if possible, can you recommend the best type of media to burn my backups with ?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
TristanMike said:
Yuan said:
TristanMike said:

Can you please point me to software (or instructions) on how to split an .iso I have that is over 4GB

EDIT: Also, if possible, can you recommend the best type of media to burn my backups with ?

I use this one and it does it automatically:

http://gbatemp.net/t188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows

About media I don't know, my wii doesn't read dvd-r.

TristanMike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burritoboy9984 said:
dvd-r or dvd+r dl(only a couple of games need dual layer) is the preferred media. You will be fine as long as your wii is >1 year old.

-Erik
Excellent. Thank you very much, you all are simply incredible, and specifically to burritoboy9984, keep up the awesome work, you're a great help and this site should consider you an asset.

I'll be back with more questions, don't you all worry
smile.gif

jacarrion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a virgin system that I recently decided to mod, it's running on 4.3u. I have tried both the Indiana pwns and the smash stack, and they both freeze here.

Twilight Hack v1.0 (comex@acido)

Copyright 2008,2009 segher Boessenkool
Copyright 2008 Haxx Enterprises
Copyright 2008 Hector Martin ("marcan")
Copyright 2003, 2004 Felix Domke

This code is licensed to you under the terms of the
GNU GPL , version 2; see the file COPYING

Font and graphics by Freddy Leitner

Cleaning up environment... Eventhook release failed with c
ode 0
OK.
SD card detected
Opening boot.elf:
reading 1852416 bytes...
Done.
Valid ELF image dtected.

I have tried with both Hackmii 0.7 and 0.8 with the same results. I followed the guide to the letter. Could someone let me know if I'm doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well it has better USB 2.0 speeds?

doesn't even matter really as IOS202 support is being dropped in exchange for IOS58

quacko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a situation I would guess is pretty common. I have a wii that was running usb loader just fine. Then a young cousin stuck in super mario galaxy 2 and tried to launch it, clicked through everything and of course updated the system to 4.3. The homebrew channel is still there and functioning, the issue comes that the usb loader doesn't work. Can someone tell me which of these steps I need to do to make the usb loader work again?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol