Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yuan said:
An already modded wii with IOS36 will get any benefit by changing it ot IOS236?

If so, is there a way to restore IOS36 to unpatched state?

The benefits are debatable. You can grab the IOS36 from the update42.zip and install it. Or, if you have wifi, you can use dop-mii, MMM, or NUSD to download and install it.

-Erik

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
burritoboy9984 said:
Yuan said:

The benefits are debatable. You can grab the IOS36 from the update42.zip and install it. Or, if you have wifi, you can use dop-mii, MMM, or NUSD to download and install it.

-Erik

Thanks and another question:

Why does the guide use IOS236 installer v3 instead of v4?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because, last night when I made the file packs, v4 wasn't out
smile.gif

-Erik

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When editing the file packs last night, I forgot to leave the ios36 in the root for IOS236 Installer. So you will need to download it again. Sorry for any inconveniences.

-Erik

thatone313

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been very sucessful in the past with your assistance and ur softmod guide. Im currently having fun with my buddies we that he just upgraded to 4.3. Followed the super smash exploit and after pressing stage builder i get a scree than says "there is no save file, unable to load or save data" then if i press the + it locks up and starts a seriously irritating tone. Any thoughts?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
burritoboy9984 said:
Yuan said:

-Erik

Well I tried to install a clean version of IOS 15 and 36 (since they aren't needed anymore) via MMM and downloading from NUS. Even selecting NO at any patches my syscheck still says they have trucha and other patches.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatone313 said:
Ive been very sucessful in the past with your assistance and ur softmod guide. Im currently having fun with my buddies we that he just upgraded to 4.3. Followed the super smash exploit and after pressing stage builder i get a scree than says "there is no save file, unable to load or save data" then if i press the + it locks up and starts a seriously irritating tone. Any thoughts?

Try this, delete the save files from the wii. Start brawl, exit, go back and copy over the save.

Yuan said:
burritoboy9984 said:
QUOTE(Yuan @ Sep 6 2010, 03:39 PM) An already modded wii with IOS36 will get any benefit by changing it ot IOS236?

-Erik

Well I tried to install a clean version of IOS 15 and 36 (since they aren't needed anymore) via MMM and downloading from NUS. Even selecting NO at any patches my syscheck still says they have trucha and other patches.

Did you try grabbing them from up42? I'm going to work now, will be back tomorrow if you haven't gotten it yet.

-Erik

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, I didn't. Just install them with MMM's WAD Manager?

EDIT: Solved, I forgot to tell MMM to use IOS 236... Installed both fine with MMM, downloading them from ninty servers.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thatone313 said:
Tried that same result, i also redownloaded the latest 4.3 sd card to no avail

Dunno, did you try re-formatting the sd card and re-copying the files? A little later when the wife goes to bed, I will try the files and see if it launches for me. The files could have been corrupted on my end.

QUOTE(Andriko @ Sep 6 2010, 10:37 PM) Why doesn't this guide say how upgrade to 4.3?

Because 4.3 isn't recommended
smile.gif

-Erik

tall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Metroid : Other M come with IOS36 rev. 3607. or network updated with newest 4.3U comes with IOS36 rev. 3607

If anyone run the IOS236 installer has error.
You can delete the IOS36 file at soft mod package and connect with Wifi get the newest version at net.
After IOS236 installed . just follow the Modify guide.

Thank you

tall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Andriko said:
Why doesn't this guide say how upgrade to 4.3?

Before you update your console to 4.3U.
Make sure you have SSBB or lego indiana jones disc ready.

otherwise DO NOT upgrade to 4.3.

upgrade can be done by Metroid Other M or Wii network upgrade.

Thank you

frogmyster3

Trophies
XP
Country
My Wii's disc drive recently packed in so I sent it to Nintendo but they sent me a whole new system back. Is there anyway to mod a 4.3E system without Lego Indie? I seem to remember that when I modded 4.1 or 4.2 I could just put a file on the root of the SD card, boot up the SD Card Menu and everything installed. Is there anything like that?

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Any reason why the 'remove diagnostic disc check' isn't an option in the priiloader hacks anymore? I think it used to be in the original preloader. Just curious, that's all
biggrin.gif

mark.m.moran

Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
mark.m.moran said:
Getting error saying IOS222 v65280 and IOS223, IOS248, IOS250 cannot be removed\error removing? I was on part 3 of the 4.3 guide here - http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

Any ideas guys?? I followed the guide to the letter guys?? Using version 13.2 of Multi Mod Manager.....

I am getting a Ticket (-2011) and Title (-1035) error??

Something didn't go correct in the trucha bug steps. What error message did you get?

-Erik

Hi Erik,
I think that with that Wii someone may have tried to hack it before?? Could this account for the errors?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, I think (non homebrew) roms arent posted here
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ah ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if...