• No.

Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Shagsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, after using this guide successfully to mod my own Wii I thought I would try on my friends. The install went smoothly on my Wii, which was already 4.2E. My friends was 3.1E when I got it, so I thought "no problem I will follow the steps to upgrade it before the mod".

I put up42.zip files on SD card and ran bannerbomb and installed HBC and BootMii as boot2.
Next, the 4.2 upgrade guide says to run Multi-Mod Manager from HBC. This isn't even there - only Yet Another Wad Manager Mod.
Anyway I tried to follow the steps using YAWMM. I first installed IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad and then System Menu-NUS-v482.wad.
After this I marked the other 23 .wad files and installed them.

By now, Wii system menu says 4.2E.

Then I deleted everything from the SD card and put on files from 42mod.zip.
I ran bannerbomb again, and installed HBC and BootMii as boot2 again.
Made a NAND backup.
Next I run MMM, this is where the problems begin...

Install and Patch IOS36 fails with errors like:
ERROR: ES_AddTitleStart (-1035)
Error setting version to 0
ERROR (-1035): Downgrading

Remove stub IOS simply says "no stub IOS found".

Installing the other 6 cIOS also fails. Just says "Final status - 6 did not complete"

So at the moment I'm stuck, I guess with a half-modded Wii. Seems like the guide isn't correct for people upgrading from a version lower than 4.2.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Keezie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh i gotcha. i honestly ignored the Priiloader section of your post because i'm so used to just installing it from the actual app itself. thanks for the clarification good sir. keep up the good work!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclear said:
zootoxin said:
burritoboy9984 said:
JonathanEyoon said:
theclear said:
Hi guys its been a long time since i soft-modded my 4.2E with the last guide , but sometimes a load a game and get a white screen with errors. How do i update my soft modded 4.2E with the last stuff on the first page?? do i need to uninstall all the cios ? thanxx in advance

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. I softmodded back in April with the tutorial that was on here back then and everything works perfectly but i'd still like to be up to date for fear of incompatibility errors.

You only need to install the cios wads... But as always... You shouldn't update just to update, you should update if you have problems with certain things...

-Erik

I too am probably due an update as I softmodded back in February!

So please could one of you more knowledge about users give us some advice on modding an already modded Wii

To me it seems even scarier than modding and unmodded wii so please be gentle with us
smile.gif

Plus I really want to play Monster Hunter3
smile.gif
wink.gif

Thanks in advance
i also think the same thing, cause some of ios i use when i modded in April i think, isnt on the new updated files . if i update with the new ones doesnt gonna cause problems? compatibility with games or loaders?? do i need to delete the old ios?? Please some one take a moment to answer this questions , a lot a people have the same questions i think, Thanxxxxx in advance

I answered this in the part you quoted, but in case you missed it. You only need to install the cios wads... But as always... You shouldn't update just to update, you should update if you have problems with certain things...

-Erik

yunior597

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
yunior597 said:
Man, why we have to use Cios Rev 20, using Base 56?

Could you upload it using base 38,57 or anything else?

I want to know what it's the advantage of 56...

Search and read... A good place to start would be the cios rev 20 thread...
smile.gif

-Erik

I can't even find that thread... any link?

Anonymous999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to softmod my 4.2U wii whats files i need to use (2) 42mod.zip or 42mod.zip or 42mod-fix.zip because the size of the files is not the same ..

thanks

Memino

Trophies
XP
Country
I think he means there are a lot of zips on the download links, is it possible to delete the broken zips so we know exactly which 42modify.zip is the correct one. Currently on 4shared there is 42mod.zip and 42mod-fix.zip dated for the 16th but the zips are different sizes, also there are 2 up42e and j zips also different sizes. I think I can guess which zips contain the correct files but I don't like guessing.
yaywii.gif

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Memino said:
I think he means there are a lot of zips on the download links, is it possible to delete the broken zips so we know exactly which 42modify.zip is the correct one. Currently on 4shared there is 42mod.zip and 42mod-fix.zip dated for the 16th but the zips are different sizes, also there are 2 up42e and j zips also different sizes. I think I can guess which zips contain the correct files but I don't like guessing.
yaywii.gif

Thx... Didn't understand what they were saying... I ASSumed that when I uploaded files to the 4shared folder it would overwrite the old ones... I was obviously wrong
smile.gif
Guys, ignore the megaupload files, I don't have access to those, and they are outdated... The email will be changed soon...

-Erik

zynexiatech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to use this guide to update my 4.1E to 4.2E and then do all the modify bits but have issues.

SO I complete the section entitled Installing the Homebrew Channel & Bootmii Fine.

I am now trying to Run Multi-Mod Manager from the Homebrew Channel and complete that section, now it only has yet another wad manager, when I come to install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_div+NAND].wad I get

"installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)"

I then installed the Multi-Mod Manager and get the same error?

any ideas?

zynexiatech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
Download the packs from 4shared or mediafire... the megaupload links need to be deleted/updated, but I don't have access to that account...

-Erik

Cheers for that ill re-download from 4shared and try again.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
42mod-fix is for those that get a 1035 error when doing the trucha bug steps due to a screw up on my part in the earlier update files... you need the 42mod...

-Erik

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a 3.3u today. Wont give me an option to select sd card. need help. I have dl'ed the 4.2up and as i said do not have the sd menu option in system menu so... is there another way to access the sd menu?

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got into the sd card but now am having trouble installing wads. I am following the guide to update to 4.2.
Update to 4.2
Run Multi-Mod Manager from the Homebrew Channel.
*Really important stuff here! Do not skip or alter steps in any way!*
While on the main menu, press right to go to WAD manager then press 1.
You should see IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v48x.wad (NTSC-J = 480; NTSC = 481; PAL = 482).
Press A to install. Then press any button when finished.
Now go down to Other and press A. Then press 1.
It should say Selected 23 for installation.. press A to install.
*End.*
You can then erase everything from the up42.zip & setup everything from the 42mod.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall the Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS.

Everything installed fine except the underlined. Using mmm i get error codes 2011 for ios70 and code 106 for system menu
All help appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Catboy back in chat. :ninja:
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Don't forget to pet it for good luck
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That cat bites
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Hmmm yes she does
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Psi had my footlong meatball special +1