• Total voters

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
melodical said:
I have successfully modded my friends wii for christmas to 4.2 (and Wani's rev14) using this guide, so thanks for that
smile.gif

I am thinking of going from 4.2e > 4.1e

Reading this section from the guide:

"4.2 to 4.1
Optional; For those looking on how to get back to 4.1 for whatever reason, mainly region free hacks, look here."

When it says region free hacks is it refererring to wii's disc channel loading only using cioscorp? (as I am not using cioscorp and will use neogamma instead!).

If the wii is now on 4.2e with (wani's Rev14 and hiberns 222) and using neogamma (latest) can i still play NTSC-Usa games through discs without downgrading to 4.1?

Thanks and merry christmas!

You are on a PAL wii, so i dont think you can play the rong region backup discs, i might b rong tho. Downgrading will only give you the region free hacks for retail games. the region free hack refers to discs loading through the disc channel with out without cioscorp or neogamma.

As you are on 4.2E(PAL) downgrading to 4.1E with the region free hack will let u play NTSC games as long as they are not pirated. If you want to play backups they will have to be from your region (PAL).Merry Xmas
smile.gif

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
@ Oh Ya. Sorry, screwed up the quoting so had to do it this way.

Restoring the nand through bootmii IOS does work as long as you can access the homebrew channel. If you have preloader and no system menu i guess the only fix is to restore the nand. I dont think installing all the wad files for a system menu would work but i guess it could. Restoring the nand is the way to go tho, then just dont make whatever mistake u made before to lose the system menu.

ahamilton9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIXED: Used steps from the CompelteSoftmodGuide to reinstate Trucha Bugged IOS, works a treat.

--------------

Running 4.2U, hacked BEFORE updating, like an idiot. Most stuff works but realized something was wrong when I tried to launch USB Loader GX (worked fine before update) and it just black screens.

Figured it was the IOS249 block that Nintendo stuck in there, launched WAD Manager and selected IOS249... froze. So I'm near absolutely sure that's the problem.

Looked through the guide, started after "Update to 4.2" block (since I'm already there), updated bootMii/DVDx/ HBC, and then I'm stuck: Trucha Bug Restorer won't launch, black screen.

Took the advice and moved on, too scared to start deleting IOS's so I tried to use WAD Manager on IOS36 to install the included IOS's and it failed, so either I NEED to delete them first (thought WAD Manager overwrote them anyways?) or I need to restore the Trucha Bugged IOS and can't because the restorer isn't happy with me.

Suggestions/did someone else run into this and I'm too tired to see if I missed it looking through the thread/something about downgrading IOS15 to allow trucha bug restorer to load?

Thanks in advance.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ahamilton9 said:
FIXED: Used steps from the CompelteSoftmodGuide to reinstate Trucha Bugged IOS, works a treat.

--------------

Running 4.2U, hacked BEFORE updating, like an idiot. Most stuff works but realized something was wrong when I tried to launch USB Loader GX (worked fine before update) and it just black screens.

Figured it was the IOS249 block that Nintendo stuck in there, launched WAD Manager and selected IOS249... froze. So I'm near absolutely sure that's the problem.

Looked through the guide, started after "Update to 4.2" block (since I'm already there), updated bootMii/DVDx/ HBC, and then I'm stuck: Trucha Bug Restorer won't launch, black screen.

Took the advice and moved on, too scared to start deleting IOS's so I tried to use WAD Manager on IOS36 to install the included IOS's and it failed, so either I NEED to delete them first (thought WAD Manager overwrote them anyways?) or I need to restore the Trucha Bugged IOS and can't because the restorer isn't happy with me.

Suggestions/did someone else run into this and I'm too tired to see if I missed it looking through the thread/something about downgrading IOS15 to allow trucha bug restorer to load?

Thanks in advance.
use dop-ios to install a patched 36
run dop-ios on IOS250 as IOS250 doesn't get stubed by the update

sori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok i have install the homebrew and also the neogamma r7, but when iam trying to load a disc through neogamma i have the error 1101. I burned mario kart pal in a tdk -dvd, with nero in 4x speed.
Any suggestion ?

oh i have the 4.2e version

THANKS

inkygr

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I would like to thank xzxero for the great guide and all others for the support through their posts . I am a complete noob and today i managed to soft mod my new wii (4.2E).
I wanted to have the ability to use usbloader for isos. I have a couple of questions and if they were answered previously tell me, so i can look harder with the search engine (i tried but didn't find anything)
I use usb loader gx (not for a specific reason).
I downloaded the dol file (with pgn and xml) and put them in the apps folder in my sd card.
Every time I run it thru HBC it says
ios 249 not found
using ios 36
or something like that and then it loads
a)Is this some sort of incompability with the specific loader
b)If yes should i use something else which is totaly compatible with the kind of hack from this guide (12/2009).
c)As I would like to have the usb loader as a channel (and because of being a total noob) is there a guide for the usb loader gx or any other loader you propose? I tried the website of usb loader gx but there are many versions of wad and i dont know what kind of cios i now have after the hack. Sorry but i m tottaly buffled.
Thank you in advance for your reply and again for your nice work here
yay.gif

Portulock6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new wii as a gift for Christmas and i have heard that newer wiis cannot read burned discs. Is this true?

I currently have my own (a launch wii) which I use with discs. I'd rather use discs than a harddrive for this one too, and am a bit nervous that I won't be able to do that.

sori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sori said:
ok i have install the homebrew and also the neogamma r7, but when iam trying to load a disc through neogamma i have the error 1101. I burned mario kart pal in a tdk -dvd, with nero in 4x speed.
Any suggestion ?

oh i have the 4.2e version

THANKS

OK i tried with verbatime 2x speed and WORKING GREAT THANKS!!!

Tylervit2418

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.. guide looks great and easy to follow but I wanted to make sure of something before trying this.

The Wii I am doing this to was previously at 3.4u, and had was hacked and ran backups with all the IOS and CIOS installed along with bootmii/preloader. I guess my uncle (its his wii) wasn't thinking and accidentally upgraded the Wii to 4.2 after connecting to the internet. Since it was previously hacked and now upgraded, do I run everything the same as the guide? Or would something be different?

Thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Tylervit2418 said:
Hey.. guide looks great and easy to follow but I wanted to make sure of something before trying this.

The Wii I am doing this to was previously at 3.4u, and had was hacked and ran backups with all the IOS and CIOS installed along with bootmii/preloader. I guess my uncle (its his wii) wasn't thinking and accidentally upgraded the Wii to 4.2 after connecting to the internet. Since it was previously hacked and now upgraded, do I run everything the same as the guide? Or would something be different?

Thanks
just follow the guide as it is
skip the update 4.2 part as you already have 4.2
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!