Canada
I got it working, thanks
smile.gif

9ball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I used the update.zip to update my machine to 4.2u. Everything went well. I erased everything from the card and copied everything from the modify.zip to the card. I inserted it in the machine and went to options setting sd card and it freezes up right there. I have to remove power from the machine to shut it down and restart it to get back to the main menu. Could you please help me? Cheers.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
9ball said:
Hi. I used the update.zip to update my machine to 4.2u. Everything went well. I erased everything from the card and copied everything from the modify.zip to the card. I inserted it in the machine and went to options setting sd card and it freezes up right there. I have to remove power from the machine to shut it down and restart it to get back to the main menu. Could you please help me? Cheers.
Wrong place. Read carefully as you'll see there is no mention of going to settings or options. Go to the SD Menu on the main page of the system menu.

Spydie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting on the email for a a day or so, how long does the email take to be received?java script:bbc_pop()

Posts merged

Been waiting on the email for a day or so, how long does the email take to be received?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spydie said:
Been waiting on the email for a a day or so, how long does the email take to be received?java script:bbc_pop()

Posts merged

Been waiting on the email for a day or so, how long does the email take to be received?
It's immediate. Check your spam.

9ball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
9ball said:
Wrong place. Read carefully as you'll see there is no mention of going to settings or options. Go to the SD Menu on the main page of the system menu.
Thank you.

JLiszt

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, I followed the tutorial to the letter, and everything went well, but I cant install game wads. Everytime I try to install one it gives me error "ret = -1012" or another one (I think it was 2011) depending on which IOS I try to install them. By the way, which IOS should I use?

driz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hello, I'm already completely hacked and can do pretty much everything (except utilize hacks.ini)

I'm running 3.3u, (previously) i just did the upgrade to 4.2, but when i rebooted, it still appeared to all be hacked, do i still need to continue with the "hack" steps again or are they intended for virgin machines?

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jebus2477 said:
I have a problem...

I had cios rev 14 installed on my wii. Decided I would like access to the shop channel so I upgraded.
I originally had HBC and Bootmii installed and I lost both in the great update fire of 79!
I tried using this guide. I run bannerbomb with no problems, though once I get to the step that requires me to install bootmii. I get told I do not have a vulnerable IOS by the installer and I cannot get past this step.
No one anywhere seems to be able to provide me with a way to get around this. If anyone can help PLLLLEEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!!????
I know.
This is my problem.
Bootmii can not find any IOS to use.
Samething for wadmanager and other homebrew.
I still have the HBC, but not a single thing can run cause no vunarble IOS.
And everyone here tells me the same freaking thing. BannerBomb V2.
THAT WORKS!
BootMii does not and every other piece of Homebrew.
And stop saying Google it.
I DID
I will let you know what I find out.
Or if I brick my Wii.
Also HBC is upsidedown now.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide worked up until I got to the "Modify 4.2" when I go to install the IOS I get ERROR! (ret= -2011)

Now, am I able to start all over again from the beginning? Or what should I do?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nottulys said:
This guide worked up until I got to the "Modify 4.2" when I go to install the IOS I get ERROR! (ret= -2011)

Now, am I able to start all over again from the beginning? Or what should I do?
yea start from restoring the trucha bug

you did something wrong there

skorpio

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi xzxero!

this is an excellent guide! by far the best i have come across the net.

i have a wii in 4.2 version and followed your procedure for modify a 4.2 wii.

everything turned out fine until the part when i re-run the TBR and should choose the IOS15. Although the first time i run the TBR to downgrade in IOS15 it states that it is installed, when i run it again to choose the IOS15 it shows IOS36 only!

what could i have done wrong?!

frede

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi xzxero.

I have done this guide on a couple of Wiis now, and it works perfectly. Many thanks for this wonderfull guide.
I am though experiencing some problems lately. I cant seem to get Guitarhero 5 and Band Hero to work using Neogamma. They simply freezes at a black screen on loading. Am i doing anything wrong or is it the protection in the game?

I am using a pal wii and the backups is pal too.
I have tried changing the setting in Neogamme but nothing changes.

Once again many thanks.
\Frede

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did the update to 4.2E

Erased my SD then put the Modify files on

Went to SD menu loaded Boot

went to install HBC got an error -2
tried again with succes but wii froze!

is there something a miss.

thanks you

wii_kid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
xzxero said:
wii_kid said:
I have tried uninstalling but it failed, tried many times already.
I am very new to softmod and appreciate if you could guide me to the steps to use Dop-IOS to reinstall SM 4.2.
What files do I need and where can I get them?
Can I use Wad Manager 1.5 and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad to reinstall? need confirmation so as not to brick my Wii.

Appreciate your help!
smile.gif
yea you can do that to reinstall the SM.

Thanks xzxero! Your guide works great! Managed to get my SM back from WadManager and re-install Priiloader. This time, it works normally.
However, when I try to run my Wii Sports (original disk), from the official disc channel from SM, my Wii will hang and I got to re-boot the unit! I can run the disc from Neogamma without any problem. Do I need to install any other applications to get my disc channel to work?

What other applications are good to have if I only want to play games from USB as I might be having the D3-2 dvd drive? How to prevent accidental update from game disc or official update that might brick my wii? Wat are some settings to turn on for Priiloader?

Sorry for so many noob questions, but once again, appreciate all help!
smile.gif

thanks

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried again and HBC was installed OK (Wii still froze though)

I turned off and on at power and I got the HBC.

Freezes during the DVDX And Bootmii process' ???

any ideas welcomed

filthyorgans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey sorry guys i just can't figure it out. can someone please tell me what they did to get modify.zip and upgrade.zip files? i'm not getting an e-mail back...
thank you

Posts merged

hey sorry guys i just can't figure it out. can someone please tell me what they did to get modify.zip and upgrade.zip files? i'm not getting an e-mail back...
thank you

johneem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
filthyorgans said:
thank you

Posts merged

thank you

Check your private messages!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ