Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
rev 15 has some bugs when it comes to loading backup disks via neogamma and softchip. For this reason, I would recommend remaining on rev 14 (until the cios and the apps become compatible again).

There is a whole thread on this topic, if u want more info, check that out.

I don't use NeoGamma or softchip.
"Configurable USB Loader" does the job for me.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
rev 15 has some bugs when it comes to loading backup disks via neogamma and softchip. For this reason, I would recommend remaining on rev 14 (until the cios and the apps become compatible again).

Ive installed the rev15.
Should I reinstall rev 14, or downgrade first if I want to get rid of it?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
xzxero said:
odja said:
Sorry!!
But i have question: i don't need use: dop-IOS?

no trucha bug restorer takes cares of that.

Actually you could include using dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check. I think you can even just replace the wad installation of that IOS before the system menu with using dop-IOS instead. Just at least do it before installing preloader if you don't want to replace that step. I'm not sure how it works offline though...I think you may need to have the IOS60 on your sd card not packed to a wad or something. Not positive on that though.

By using dop-IOS to install it with the sig hash check, you will also be able to play installed vc/wiiware wads from the sd card menu. Without patching that in as it stands, the sd card menu can only be used for official legit channels.

This must be for 4.1e.
I want to play wads from SD card in 4.2e.
Should I trucha patch ios70 or hash check patch it, using dop ios ?
Or should I use Trucha bug restorer.
I prefer not to use triiforce at the moment.

Excuse me for asking a simulair question.
I would hate to brick it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I also use a usb loader (I prefer USB loader gx), but as of now, backup gamecube games must be loaded via disk (cannot be done via a usb loader), so I still occasionally use neogamma, and as such, i decided to remain on rev 14. Nothing is wrong with rev 14 anyways, some people are even still on rev 7 and report no problems using usb loaders. So my advice would be, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. In other words, keep rev 14, if u have any problems with the cios (which u probably wont if ur using usb loaders) then that should be your only motivation to try rev 15.

Posts merged

TaxiTitan said:
xflak40 said:

Ive installed the rev15.
Should I reinstall rev 14, or downgrade first if I want to get rid of it?

u will need to use any title deleter to delete ios 249 (do not delete anything else unless u know what ur doing)

then u can reinstall the ios249 revision of your choice

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE(nabster92 @ Aug 4 2009, 08:30 PM)
QUOTE(xzxero @ Aug 4 2009, 11:56 AM)
QUOTE(odja @ Aug 4 2009, 07:47 PM)
Sorry!!
But i have question: i don't need use: dop-IOS?

no trucha bug restorer takes cares of that.

Actually you could include using dop-IOS to install the most recent IOS60 with the sig hash check. I think you can even just replace the wad installation of that IOS before the system menu with using dop-IOS instead. Just at least do it before installing preloader if you don't want to replace that step. I'm not sure how it works offline though...I think you may need to have the IOS60 on your sd card not packed to a wad or something. Not positive on that though.

By using dop-IOS to install it with the sig hash check, you will also be able to play installed vc/wiiware wads from the sd card menu. Without patching that in as it stands, the sd card menu can only be used for official legit channels.

I want to play wads from SD card in 4.2e.
Should I trucha patch IOS70 or hash check patch IOS70, using dop ios ?
Or should I use Trucha bug restorer.
I prefer not to use triiforce at the moment.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I used your old softmod 4.1 Wii method and now I want to upgrade it to 4.2.
Do I have to do everything again or is there any faster way to do it?

biggtyme42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to post again but I didn't get an answer and don't want to try this until I know for sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So I have read all 150 pages and I think I am ready to give it a go. I am a little cautious because its more my wifes wii, she uses it for wii fit all the time. I read some about how games won't load from the game channel is that just backups or all games. I just want to make sure she can still turn it on and play her game just like before with out any hassles or any legit game disc for that matter. Also This won't affect our miis or any of the save game data will it? This is awesome I can't wait to try it. Thanks for all your hard work!

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jran Sakarra said:
None of the modify.zip is working.
Not even banner bomb.
I tried this way to update, btu I kept getting a error.
i updated to 4.2 Nintendos way and only lost BootMii and everything else stayed.
Any ideas on hwo to install the new stuff to modify it?
Trucha bug restore failed and no more backups.
I still need help with this.
Banner Bomb can not find a exploit to use.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if ur on 4.2, be sure ur using version 2 of bannerbomb, and ur loading it via the sd card button on the main system menu screen.

if using version 1 of bannerbomb, make sure u load it via the data management/channel/sd card method

if this isn't enough detail for u, google it, the answers r there

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
if ur on 4.2, be sure ur using version 2 of bannerbomb, and ur loading it via the sd card button on the main system menu screen.

if using version 1 of bannerbomb, make sure u load it via the data management/channel/sd card method

if this isn't enough detail for u, google it, the answers r there
That is it.
It is the v2 Bannerbomb.
I have tried both.
I am getting nonthing, but the error/
Also google has turned up nonthing.
Google Finds what alreay has been solved from placed like this.
This answer I could nto find, so I am askign here.
Google is not all Knowing.

OCWesCoast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! Does anyone know why I can't run any games through USB Loader GX? Whenever I try running one my screen goes blue and it says error #002. I only get this problem with USB Loader GX, but with NeoGamma I can load game via my HD just fine. Anyone know how I CSM fix this?? Thanks in advance!!

grapereaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on the steps that attempt to restore the Trucha Bug. I downgraded IOS15 and then reloaded the TBR. Then I went to IOS15 and click A. I got the screen attached. How long am I supposed to wait until I get the option to press 1? It's been >10 minutes. Thanks.

Pic: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8366/wiib.jpg

edit: waited 5 more minutes, no change, powered wii off, no problems then attempted steps again, this time i was able to get to the IOS36 menu...weird.

derrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
hi, i have emailed as instructed in the first post over the weekend but have yet to receive the zip file.

could somone kindly assist?

thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer