• Total voters

MEwii44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Droskies said:
When i go to install the preloader it says "can not open ticket.........mission aborted" ahh what happen to the preloader lol
Try installing Preloader 0.29 JODI first then update to 0.30. Don't use the internet update with Preloader 0.29 JODI on the Wii to update to 0.30. Put the installer for 0.30 r4 on the SD card and install through HBC.

I try doing that and it can't find the hacks.ini file, i left it in the preloader folder in the apps folder, does it go somewhere else?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MEwii44 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Droskies said:
When i go to install the preloader it says "can not open ticket.........mission aborted" ahh what happen to the preloader lol
Try installing Preloader 0.29 JODI first then update to 0.30. Don't use the internet update with Preloader 0.29 JODI on the Wii to update to 0.30. Put the installer for 0.30 r4 on the SD card and install through HBC.

I try doing that and it can't find the hacks.ini file, i left it in the preloader folder in the apps folder, does it go somewhere else?
hacks.ini should be in the root of the SD card.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Droskies said:
is it ok to not install the preloader if its never gonna be hooked up to the net ??
Preloader is unrelated to the internet
It can be used to block updates from DISC

But you don't need to install preloader if you don't want to

If you only want the hacks, try Startpatch

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok kool thanks !!
gbasp.gif

meme666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, im going to sound like a total noob, but there are 120 pages to this topic and reading through them all is a bit tedious
unsure.gif
so if this has already been asked then im sorry and yes i am new to the wii modding scene so feel free to call me a noob, newbie etc as much as you like.
smile.gif

Im using the 4.2 method. Anyway, im a little nervous about the Trucha Bug Restorer as it says it can brick my wii (and seeing as i worked very hard for the £232 to get a wii package i think i have every right to be nervous). I HAVE done a NAND backup and backed this up on my computer and backed up the Bootmii folder elsewhere and erased it from the sd card, like it says in the guide.

I have Bootmii installed as Iso as its a brand spanking new wii. My question is am i able to install preloader first? incase the trucha bug restorer does like it says it might and brick my wii? Or do i need the Trucha Bug Restorer installed first inorder to install preloader? Also does anyone know the likelyhood of Trucha Bug Restorer bricking my wii? I have also heard about HBC screens flipping upside down.

Like i say i am pretty nervous about this considering the amount i've paid for it, and i guess a few of you will be thinking, If shes that nervous then why is she doing it in the first place, answer is simple because i want to hehe.

I am very gratefull for any future advice and responses given, so thank you in advance
biggrin.gif

yumcheetos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem.

At the end of the guide it says you can install cIOSCORP 3.4 to enable backup play from the disc channel. Well, I got a virgin Wii and did this guide perfectly (updated first to official 4.2). I did everything right, so I installed cIOSCORP, it installed fine but my backup discs won't be read. THings like Neogamma work fine, but cioscorp isn't working.

Any explanations? Obviously if this guide said it works by just installing it (cioscorp), then I must've done something wrong.

yumcheetos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I just made it work.

Using preloader I set the IOS the menu uses back to 60, instead of 70, and it works.

However, are there any ill-effects that could happen from doing that?

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
meme666 said:
No one that can help me with my question ?? (scroll up ^^^^^ )
frown.gif
I don't know if you can install Preloader before everything else. Just follow the guide step by step and you should be fine. As I recommended to someone else earlier, print it out and mark off completed steps as you go through them.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
meme666 said:
Hatsu said:
meme666 said:
frown.gif

It's pretty safe, so just: DO WHAT THE FRIGGIN' GUIDE SAYS!

Lol ok. I just dont want to brick my wii is all as it took me over a year to save £232 for my wii.
happy.gif
you pay'd £232 for a Wii you must be kidding can get them for about £80-£100

meme666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
meme666 said:
Hatsu said:
meme666 said:
frown.gif

It's pretty safe, so just: DO WHAT THE FRIGGIN' GUIDE SAYS!

Lol ok. I just dont want to brick my wii is all as it took me over a year to save £232 for my wii.
happy.gif
you pay'd £232 for a Wii you must be kidding can get them for about £80-£100

i got it through a catalouge as all my local stores were fresh out of them
frown.gif
it came with the wii (obviously) mario kart and wheel and lego batman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol