• Total voters

edg0023

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide and everything went well except for the truchabug part. I would get an error. So i went ahead and skipped it and moved straight to step number 2 which is deleting the cioses.

Do you guys think i should be fine if i did this? What i think happened is that it failed cause i already have the trauchabug installed.

Maybe I am wrong?

Posts merged

I followed this guide and everything went well except for the truchabug part. I would get an error. So i went ahead and skipped it and moved straight to step number 2 which is deleting the cioses.

Do you guys think i should be fine if i did this? What i think happened is that it failed cause i already have the trauchabug installed.

Maybe I am wrong?

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if all I want to do is get a Wii up to specs to run homebrew(mainly emulators) and install VC/WiiWare wads (and play those games, obviously), BUT I don't wanna play backups (sounds strange doesn't it, lol) just legitimate discs w/o any problems. What do I do?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gblock247 said:
What if all I want to do is get a Wii up to specs to run homebrew(mainly emulators) and install VC/WiiWare wads (and play those games, obviously), BUT I don't wanna play backups (sounds strange doesn't it, lol). What do I do?
you would need most of the the guide anyways so just do the whole thing

masterdeluxe247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I haven't been in the scene really since 3.2 was the recommended System Menu. I followed your whole guide, and it worked, but I just want to fully understand what I did. I really just don't understand Step 1. Everything worked, but again, I would just like to know exactly what occurred. Thanks! And great, well organized guide!

striker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Budweiser said:
I have used the 3.X - 4.1 Method and eveything went smooth , the only problem I have is the rockband2 will
reconise the microphone but will not sync the guitar or drums using usbloader Gx Ihave tried using both cIOS 249, and 223 both boot the game and reconise the microphone but no Guitar and drums . I have read many pages here and tried alot of things to resolve this issue , but to no avail .. Would greatly appreciate some advise to resolve this ....Thanks Bud
smile.gif

I am able to get all instruments working in Rock Band 2, Beatles Rock Band, and Guitar Hero 5 with cIOS 222, using USB Loader GX. Tried 249 and 223 but neither one got the drums to sync.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the instruments need Hermes cIOS merged with IOS37 to function correctly and is IOS223 if you followed the guide

deepbluec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ninjageekgamer said:
On step 4a

When i hit A to Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60, it just jams. nothing happens.

any ideas?

EDIT:

For clarity I updated my Wii to V.4.2 and was very very careful following steps 1-3. Reading everything making sure everything when threw. It's an old Wii so I installed Boot-Mii to slot-2. It's also fitted with a WiiKey (dont know the firmware). I know I don't need to soft mod but it will still be fun to do so. (trying to gain experience)

I had this same problem but on a whim, removed my wife's Gamecube memory card that she had plugged into the Wii and the installation continued. If you have a GC Memcard plugged in, try removing it.

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
masterdeluxe247 said:
Hey, so I haven't been in the scene really since 3.2 was the recommended System Menu. I followed your whole guide, and it worked, but I just want to fully understand what I did. I really just don't understand Step 1. Everything worked, but again, I would just like to know exactly what occurred. Thanks! And great, well organized guide!

You fakesigned IOS36.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
the instruments need Hermes cIOS merged with IOS37 to function correctly and is IOS223 if you followed the guide

Please what do I need to do to rectify this problem ?

I don't have IOS37 ...
Thank You very Much for your time........Bud

MDMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
First of all: thanks again for the great guide, I had already modified my Wii with the Twilight Hack but this that much needed boost to my Wii hacking knowledge
biggrin.gif

So, here comes a dumb question: which IOS should I use to install WiiWare WADs or VC? I'd use IOS249 and can see no problems with that, but I could be wrong of course.

ninjageekgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deepbluec said:
ninjageekgamer said:
On step 4a

When i hit A to Install Custom IOS 202 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60, it just jams. nothing happens.

any ideas?

EDIT:

For clarity I updated my Wii to V.4.2 and was very very careful following steps 1-3. Reading everything making sure everything when threw. It's an old Wii so I installed Boot-Mii to slot-2. It's also fitted with a WiiKey (dont know the firmware). I know I don't need to soft mod but it will still be fun to do so. (trying to gain experience)

I had this same problem but on a whim, removed my wife's Gamecube memory card that she had plugged into the Wii and the installation continued. If you have a GC Memcard plugged in, try removing it.

That did it!!

And dude, it's clear your wife was trying to sabotage your Wii Soft Modding skillz. Does she moon light as a ninja? Classic Ninjitsu move the whole Gamecube Memory Card trick. Shouldah known...
wink.gif

wazman

Trophies
XP
Country
wacko.gif
4.2e: i have to say this is an excellent guide now that i managed it,lol;i spent 4 days and countless hours getting stuck at no2 as in system titles i could only find iso 250 then getting errors pulling hair out,then it came to me there is more than 1 page of files deerrrr pressed the + button and on page 3 iso 249,deleted that and five mins laters son playing his backups..i felt a right pratt especially after all the aggro with the family,and it was bad just out of frustration on my behalf...i have enjoyed the experience[not]cheers,,maybe you could add the part about moving across file pages to find iso has i think i not the only one who was struggling at that point...as the guide is so easy as stated if you get past that prob.thanks again lads...

qwertzor

Trophies
XP
Country
So I am following this guide (3.x - 4.1) and ran into some problems.
I started with a 3.1e virgin wii.

I switched the new hackmii installer (0.6) in and installed HBC, bootmii (as boot2), dvdx all on IOS36.

The guide was working fine up until
QUOTE said:
1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD" press A.
after that my HBC went upside down, so I searched and it because of a fake signed IOS36, so I worked through with a upside down HBC.

Followed all the steps fine then
QUOTE5c] Run cIOS 222/223 installer v4
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Install Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
When i go to run cIOS 222/223 installer v4 it freezes out black screen. So I decided to skip it after trying a couple of times.

Now I uninstalled HBC through the wii menu, and when I go to reinstall it wants to use IOS61.

I'm not sure if I should install there, and also the step 5c how to get that to work.

Note: I don't have anything plugged in, and now my system menu is 4.1E

Sorry for the noobie questions, thanks for your help beforehand
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OozTGM said:
When i put mine SD in the wii and open the sdcard menu it freezes pleas help pleas
Thats probably due bannerbomb
If you want to use it, get another version of it (http://bannerbomb.qoid.us/index.new.php)
else, just delte it of the SD card.

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When i go to install the preloader it says "can not open ticket.........mission aborted" ahh what happen to the preloader lol

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Droskies said:
When i go to install the preloader it says "can not open ticket.........mission aborted" ahh what happen to the preloader lol
Try installing Preloader 0.29 JODI first then update to 0.30. Don't use the internet update with Preloader 0.29 JODI on the Wii to update to 0.30. Put the installer for 0.30 r4 on the SD card and install through HBC.

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Try installing Preloader 0.29 JODI first then update to 0.30. Don't use the internet update with Preloader 0.29 JODI on the Wii to update to 0.30. Put the installer for 0.30 r4 on the SD card and install through HBC.

it doesnt seem to go past the opening screen where it warns this can be harmfull yada yada

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Droskies said:
QUOTE said:

it doesnt seem to go past the opening screen where it warns this can be harmfull yada yada
So you don't see the "Minus to Uninstall", "Plus to Install"?

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EeZeEpEe said:
Droskies said:
QUOTE said:

So you don't see the "Minus to Uninstall", "Plus to Install"?

no

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry