Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Evil-Popeye said:
RodPN said:
Quick question, I'm tired of loading games from NeoGamma, so I'm going to install DARKCORP. Will the Lite version be enough or do I need to install the full version?
If you want to play gamecube games too then install one of the cMIOS (which is only available in the full version).
Great, thanks. One more thing, can I delete DARKCORP from the SD card after I install it, or do I have to leave it there for it to work?

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
RodPN said:
Evil-Popeye said:
RodPN said:
Quick question, I'm tired of loading games from NeoGamma, so I'm going to install DARKCORP. Will the Lite version be enough or do I need to install the full version?
If you want to play gamecube games too then install one of the cMIOS (which is only available in the full version).
Great, thanks. One more thing, can I delete DARKCORP from the SD card after I install it, or do I have to leave it there for it to work?
You can delete it after it is installed...just read the readme so you know what you're in for

RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Evil-Popeye said:
RodPN said:
Evil-Popeye said:
RodPN said:
You can delete it after it is installed...just read the readme so you know what you're in for
Great, thanks.

I actually already knew what I was in for, I just didn't make up my mind until now
yaywii.gif

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah I wanted to mod my friends Wii and updated it not realizing they just came out with a new update 4.3. (My fault I should of checked as I had not done a mod in a few months.) I am screwed right?

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
poiuyt00 said:
Gah I wanted to mod my friends Wii and updated it not realizing they just came out with a new update 4.3. (My fault I should of checked as I had not done a mod in a few months.) I am screwed right?
There are some ways to mod a Wii on 4.3... however, you need a legit copy either SSBB or Indian Jones to run Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns as bannerBomb is broken in 4.3. If you can get an exploit working, the modding process is MUCH more difficult and buggy than for 4.3. There are some threads here on GBATemp with detailed instructions, but I believe the basic idea is to install the Korean IOS 41 temporarily in order to re-enable the ability to patch other IOS's.

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
poiuyt00 said:
If you have SSBB or Indian Jones then you can still hack it. Otherwise you will have to wait until Comex (
tongue.gif
my bad) releases a new version of bannerbomb.

poiuyt00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
poiuyt00 said:
There are some ways to mod a Wii on 4.3... however, you need a legit copy either SSBB or Indian Jones to run Smash Stack or Indiana Pwns as bannerBomb is broken in 4.3. If you can get an exploit working, the modding process is MUCH more difficult and buggy than for 4.3. There are some threads here on GBATemp with detailed instructions, but I believe the basic idea is to install the Korean IOS 41 temporarily in order to re-enable the ability to patch other IOS's.

Evil-Popeye said:
QUOTE(poiuyt00 @ Jul 11 2010, 10:33 AM)
If you have SSBB or Indian Jones then you can still hack it. Otherwise you will have to wait until Team Twiizers releases a new version of bannerbomb.

I will just wait and hope they can make a new one, thanks.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Evil-Popeye said:
Otherwise you will have to wait until Team Twiizers releases a new version of bannerbomb.
Team Twiizers has nothing to do with bannerbomb.
comex was the one who created bannerbomb.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
jmanup85 said:
is the "cIOS pack" file thats in the email i get from [email protected] necessary because it just keeps stopping after i get halfway done through the download every single time.
try using NUS Auto Downloader from my signature

xzxero's guide's are also awesome, I'm not trying to steal his thunder (heck, I often reference his guides when adding to my program, thx xzxero!)

linkgx1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have HB Channel installed and DVDX, BUT while trying to install HackMii V.6 It says" Mounting SD card...Creating directory '/bootmii'... failed (-1). What's wrong?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
linkgx1 said:
Okay, I have HB Channel installed and DVDX, BUT while trying to install HackMii V.6 It says" Mounting SD card...Creating directory '/bootmii'... failed (-1). What's wrong?
have you tried another SD card?

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quick question but before i can get to it i got alittle to explain ok i got my wii ages ago (90% sure i can get bootmii as boot2) and i have been looking into modding it i am gonna follow this guide but before i mod it im looking over alot of stuff (ISO's VC wads Etc) and looking over a topic about VC wads it says this "You may need IOS 53, 55 and 56 installed to run some of these games" now my wii is 4.2U if i mod it with this guide would i already have those IOS or would i still need to install them via a wad manager?

also alittle info about those 3 IOS would be nice

(sorry if its a noob question but i am rather new to wii modding)

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kingofgamesgx said:
quick question but before i can get to it i got alittle to explain ok i got my wii ages ago (90% sure i can get bootmii as boot2) and i have been looking into modding it i am gonna follow this guide but before i mod it im looking over alot of stuff (ISO's VC wads Etc) and looking over a topic about VC wads it says this "You may need IOS 53, 55 and 56 installed to run some of these games" now my wii is 4.2U if i mod it with this guide would i already have those IOS or would i still need to install them via a wad manager?

also alittle info about those 3 IOS would be nice

(sorry if its a noob question but i am rather new to wii modding)

You have all the IOS's installed that you need already if you followed the update to 4.2 step. VC Games need certain IOS to run.

fruitbender

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick help needed. i have a 4.2u wii which i presume must have been japanese 'L J serial' was previously modified im not sure if it has cioscorp, and it has no hbc installed. when i tried playing call of duty 3, it would'nt run. so i followed a guide from this site and tried updating it. i ran bannerbomb and it was ok, then i tried installing hbc, it failed , indicating no vulnerable IOS found. so i tried using mmm, and wad manager via PRIILOADERS install file option to install ios 34 v3348 , but both failed. panicking i reformatted the wii via its own system format option. After that i couldnt use priiloader anymore to use mmm or wad manager once more but it said hacks.ini not found. i can still go to wii's menu but i loast hd loader channel from formatting it. after a bit of googling. Tis what i found. Should i use DOP_MII cb bb to install ios 34v3348 or TBR to patch ios 36. How should i proceed? ---

I'm planning on revirginizing my wii to remove cioscorp after fixing this.
Help is Much appreciated. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo