Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Budweiser said:
yes tried diffrent cIOS under usb loder gx - no luck
finally got it to work under neogamma
smile.gif

just wish I did'nt have to use multiple loaders..
Thanks for the help Bud

USB Loader gx ? Forget it.

nickd123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried searching, and couldn't find my answer. I followed the steps to upgrade to 4.2, and then the steps to mod the wii, all of that went perfectly...now when im trying to install Cioscorp, it doesn't do anything, sits at a black screen. Can anyone help with this? Thanks

phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

I used the previous guide that was on here. through IOS249, and just the single IOS70 FreeTheBug wad, is it suggested that I start over and apply this hack

I ask because in this guide they have all wads being installed through IOS36, where on mine I use 249

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey xzxero i am trying to use the any title deleter mod that is included in your softmod package but i couldn't read any installed title in my wii. i keep on getting this: "Error! can't get count of titles! (ret=1)." what is the possible cause for this. please educate me further...i really need to use this program.

thanks in advance.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got a two questions.

Does these IOSes and cIOSes works for all regions?
And do I needo to install IOS 70 while I'm on 4.2?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sonic0509 said:
I've got a two questions.

1) Does these IOSes and cIOSes works for all regions?
2) And do I needo to install IOS 70 while I'm on 4.2?
1) Yes
2) Follow the guide (thus installing IOS70 before the update to 4.2, and not if you already have it)

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nickd123 said:
I've tried searching, and couldn't find my answer. I followed the steps to upgrade to 4.2, and then the steps to mod the wii, all of that went perfectly...now when im trying to install Cioscorp, it doesn't do anything, sits at a black screen. Can anyone help with this? Thanks
everytime?
does the installer black screen or does it install successfully?

phantasmik said:
Question:

I used the previous guide that was on here. through IOS249, and just the single IOS70 FreeTheBug wad, is it suggested that I start over and apply this hack

I ask because in this guide they have all wads being installed through IOS36, where on mine I use 249
you can use either
but i use IOS36 because people dont have IOS249 yet.

QUOTE(razorback78 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:04 AM)
hey xzxero i am trying to use the any title deleter mod that is included in your softmod package but i couldn't read any installed title in my wii. i keep on getting this: "Error! can't get count of titles! (ret=1)." what is the possible cause for this. please educate me further...i really need to use this program.

thanks in advance.
are you using IOS36?

phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just would like to say xzxero, you are the best.

I have posted this question before without any luck, but this thread is very active and full of answers.

I'd like to use cIOSCORP, I understand the risks and have read through the documentation completely. I just can't seem to find an answer to this question:

With cIOSCORP I see there are issues with some games, particularly Dual-Layer games such as Metroid Trilogy and Wii Sports Resort. Do the issues only apply to burnt games, or will retail games function properly even though the system is heavily modified.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phantasmik said:
I just would like to say xzxero, you are the best.

I have posted this question before without any luck, but this thread is very active and full of answers.

I'd like to use cIOSCORP, I understand the risks and have read through the documentation completely. I just can't seem to find an answer to this question:

With cIOSCORP I see there are issues with some games, particularly Dual-Layer games such as Metroid Trilogy and Wii Sports Resort. Do the issues only apply to burnt games, or will retail games function properly even though the system is heavily modified.
im pretty sure when you install cioscorp
your wii cant tell the difference between retail and burnt discs.
they should work properly though.
you can always uninstall it though.

milkmanchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
milkmanchris said:
Thanks for this xzxero.

Just a quickie though, is this the best way to get a soft mod (ie going to 4.2 etc) even if the machine is a 3.4 or 4.0?
yes

Thanks very much for a prompt reply, is the way explained the best way to get 4.2 or through an update in the wii settings menu

Thanks again for a great tutorial, gonna give it a go later (after a beer for my nerves)

nickd123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xzxero said:
nickd123 said:
everytime?

It is a black screen right away...installer does not come up...i never got to install screen at all

phantasmik said:
Question:

you can use either
but i use IOS36 because people dont have IOS249 yet.

QUOTE(razorback78 @ Nov 3 2009, 08:04 AM)

thanks in advance.
are you using IOS36?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nickd123 said:
xzxero said:
nickd123 said:
everytime?
It is a black screen right away...installer does not come up...i never got to install screen at all
You have the newest cIOCorp 3.5?
Try downloading it again

nickd123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
nickd123 said:
xzxero said:
nickd123 said:
everytime?
You have the newest cIOCorp 3.5?
Try downloading it again

how can i verify if i have waninkoko's cios249 installed? I'm assuming since i ran thru the tutorial here, it should be installed, but I'm wondering if thats why It's not working?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nickd123 said:
how can i verify if i have waninkoko's cios249 installed? I'm assuming since i ran thru the tutorial here, it should be installed, but I'm wondering if thats why It's not working?
If you did everything correctly, you have it

You can also check it with IOSCheck

edit: yay 2000 replies to this topic
toot.gif

nickd123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tj_cool said:
nickd123 said:
If you did everything correctly, you have it

You can also check it with IOSCheck

edit: yay 2000 replies to this topic
toot.gif

I redownloaded Cioscorp, and it's still going to a black screen. As soon as a press load, black screen, and my wii remote shuts off.

Edit, I just noticed that NO APPS work in HBC, ALL BLACK SCREEN. I'm assuming I killed something
frown.gif

2nd Edit, I ran Pimp my wii and after doing so, I was able to install Cioscorp. Now, I'm trying to play a backup thru Neogamma, and I'm getting a Disc Read Error (972). Should i be using something else to play this backup or what? I have cios rev14 installed as well.

Well i somehow messed up what I just did above...i found a tutorial on another site that showed me how to downgrade from 4.2u to 3.2u. So i did the following and caused my problem with black screens in HBC again

Removing IOS 249 Stub
1. Run HBC and open up Wad Manager.
2. Choose IOS250 to load up.
3. Make sure IOS249 is highlighted and press A.
4. Press right on the D-Pad until you see "Uninstall Wad" and then press A.
5. Once it finishes, exit out back to HBC.

Installing CIOS 249
1. In HBC, press the Home button on the Wiimote and select "Launch Bootmii".
2. cBoot2 should load up and that should start Waninkoko's CIOS rev 14 installer.
3. Choose to use "IOS 36" or "Do not reload IOS" and press A.
4. Agree to the crap there and press A.
5. Choose "Network Installation" and press A.
6. Make sure that the install succeeds and then press any key to restart the Wii.

Downgrading IOS
1. Run HBC and open up IOS Downgrader.
2. Make sure all of the IOS finish with an OK.
3. When it's all done, press any key to exit.

So after i ran ios downgrader, im back to the black screens in HBC and pimp my wii will not fix it this time, it does a check of the ios's and gets stuck on #11 of 24 and does nothing. So if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/3aCbNk8 lol smart keyboard