Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
phantasmik said:
Question:

I used the previous guide that was on here. through IOS249, and just the single IOS70 FreeTheBug wad, is it suggested that I start over and apply this hack

I ask because in this guide they have all wads being installed through IOS36, where on mine I use 249
you can use either
but i use IOS36 because people dont have IOS249 yet.

I'm sorry but what exactly do you mean people don't have IOS249 yet? Is it less compatable with something?
I used the Custom IOS installed to install IOS38 as IOS249, using the old guide. I'm just curious if there is a big advantage to new way stated here now. I'm planning on installing cIOSCORP and wonder if my configuration will cause any issues

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if its new...but okay I am already with softmod 4.2U (for a few weeks already all running perfectly)... but I went to the Wii Store, its mentioning there is a new System Update

Can anyone confirm me if this is true?

I used the store last week, it never asked me that before

???

I'm wondering to do so... or not to do it, as in if its safe to run this update?

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
razorback78 said:
hey xzxero i am trying to use the any title deleter mod that is included in your softmod package but i couldn't read any installed title in my wii. i keep on getting this: "Error! can't get count of titles! (ret=1)." what is the possible cause for this. please educate me further...i really need to use this program.

thanks in advance.
are you using IOS36?

yup i did use ios36

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sendblink23 said:
I'm not sure if its new...but okay I am already with softmod 4.2U (for a few weeks already all running perfectly)... but I went to the Wii Store, its mentioning there is a new System Update

???

I'm wondering to do so... or not to do it, as in if its safe to run this update?

A friend of mine told me he has a virgin 4.2u wii, and today he entered the shop channel and it updated, but he still has 4.2u, the only difference is that at the end it said something about parental control...
blink.gif

I'm gonna try to mod his wii later tonight to see if it messed something up, or the method to modify 4.2 still works with no problems.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ramar said:
sendblink23 said:

???

A friend of mine told me he has a virgin 4.2u wii, and today he entered the shop channel and it updated, but he still has 4.2u, the only difference is that at the end it said something about parental control...
blink.gif

I'm gonna try to mod his wii later tonight to see if it messed something up, or the method to modify 4.2 still works with no problems.
It's an update to give a free NES game for those who purchased the Internet Channel. You should use wiiSCU to update only the Shop Channel. Supposedly doing it through Nintendo removes your mods and puts stub IOSes again.

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
ramar said:
sendblink23 said:

???

blink.gif

It's an update to give a free NES game for those who purchased the Internet Channel. You should use wiiSCU to update only the Shop Channel. Supposedly doing it through Nintendo removes your mods and puts stub IOSes again.

Thanx i'm installing it... but somehow I think the website where its downloading the Wii Shop data(content ID 18 files) is really heavy on traffic or some other thing... because its not getting connection after the 3rd one, I keep trying( i have to turn on & off wii to continue)... and it always fail to get any after the 3rd one of the 18 files.

Well hopefully I will manage to finish it, Thanks

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sendblink23 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
ramar said:
sendblink23 said:

???

blink.gif

Thanx i'm installing it... but somehow I think the website where its downloading the Wii Shop data(content ID 18 files) is really heavy on traffic or some other thing... because its not getting connection after the 3rd one, I keep trying( i have to turn on & off wii to continue)... and it always fail to get any after the 3rd one of the 18 files.

Just making sure but you are trying with wiiSCU 0.23 right?

sendblink23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
sendblink23 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
ramar said:
sendblink23 said:

???

blink.gif

Just making sure but you are trying with wiiSCU 0.23 right?

I sorta got lost where the files were to download in that *link, so I started clicking the *words that had hyperlinks(that's where it confused me), kept reading around and what I installed was this: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS61_installer

Well it did manage to install, and now the *Store is working, now If I had noticed that the link you gave me had the download link right there, I would've have installed that one specifically, but anyways I'll have it inside my SD just in case if anything, all is working out now fine.

Thanks again

badjz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable System Menu Hacks
[optional; recommended if Bootmii is only installed as an IOS.]
Run Preloader .30 to install preloader onto your system.
Enable desired hacks & go into the settings & make sure the system menu is set to load with IOS70.
*if getting the ”aborting mission” error, use the “preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol” located at modify\apps\preloaderv0.30r4-phpgeek first, then use this preloader to update from .29 to .30

Can someone walk me through this, i keep getting the abort mission error. how do i use the preloaderv0.29? please explain in detail, kinda new at this.

Apart from that everything went smoothly.

Thanks in advance.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
check out the after modding section and you'll find out you have to rename the preloader 29 .dol to boot.dol
to run it

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I try to run banner bomb from the sd my wii freezes. Im really new to this what do I do?

EDIT: I had homebrew channel installed before then updated to 4.2 is that a problem?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
drizzt8886 said:
when I try to run banner bomb from the sd my wii freezes. Im really new to this what do I do?

EDIT: I had homebrew channel installed before then updated to 4.2 is that a problem?
no not a problem,
use a different version of bannerbomb/

badjz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
check out the after modding section and you'll find out you have to rename the preloader 29 .dol to boot.dol
to run it

I have had a look but dont quite understand it. Could u please explain it to me in a quick step by step point form. Im good at following step by steps.

Thanks heaps dude.

drizzt8886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
drizzt8886 said:

no not a problem,

Now Ive used every version it either freezes or i get a question mark in the first channel box.
unsure.gif

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
razorback78 said:
hey xzxero i am trying to use the any title deleter mod that is included in your softmod package but i couldn't read any installed title in my wii. i keep on getting this: "Error! can't get count of titles! (ret=1)." what is the possible cause for this. please educate me further...i really need to use this program.

thanks in advance.
still no success on this...i used ios36 (this is with trucha and ES_identify) and every other ios including 249 to run any title deleter but still the same problem
blink.gif
...maybe its just my wii???

what i really want to do is to delete ios70 of 4.2. i upgraded to 4.2 with your tut xzxero and it really did its purpose...but after few days i decided to downgrade again to 4.1 because of certain issues like my wii occasionally hangs at the middle of a game...anyways i managed to return to 4.1 already and uninstall ios70 through wad manager uninstall feature by using the ios70 wad packed by nusd...now my wii is again normally running without any problems...at least for now.

many thanks anyways xzxero...
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
badjz said:
xzxero said:
to run it

I have had a look but dont quite understand it. Could u please explain it to me in a quick step by step point form. Im good at following step by steps.

Thanks heaps dude.

It's exactly as he just replied to you. The only step is to rename preloaderv0.29-jodi.dol to boot.dol. In the "After Modding" section it's mention in the following:
For HBC to read your SD correctly, your card must be structured SD:apps/application name/boot.dol

drizzt8886 said:
xzxero said:
QUOTE(drizzt8886 @ Nov 3 2009, 10:06 PM)

no not a problem,

Now Ive used every version it either freezes or i get a question mark in the first channel box.
unsure.gif
Are you going through Wii Settings? That's the old way. You have to go through the SD Menu on the main page of the System Menu.

Liquidant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome guide dude thanks. I've just had a read through and will be giving it a go later on once my friends gets home and i can pinch her SD card. sucks only having 128meg card :S mental note to buy my own would be good lol.

you probably answered this all ready so appologise if i'm reapeating a question, just 135 pages is a lot to go through lol.

system update to 4.2 is it better to use your files to update or just update online from nintendo?? i've got mine sitting at 4.0e at the moment.

thanks again for the guide

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
better to use the files, ninty update will stub your cios's and upgrade your boot2

using the files (ie. the offline method) is the best way to go... but beware, if u install the IOS60 stub without installing IOS70 & a 4.2 system menu wad, you will not be able to access your system menu. If you make this mistake and do not have preloader (which is uninstalled when a new system menu is installed) or bootmii as boot2 you WILL brick. Anyways, you will be fine as long as u install all the wads in xzxero's package all at once (ie. dont exit wad manager until all the wads are installed)

Also, note that you do not NEED to install any stub IOSs, you can skip installing these if u want and if u know which ones are stubs

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Liquidant said:
awesome guide dude thanks. I've just had a read through and will be giving it a go later on once my friends gets home and i can pinch her SD card. sucks only having 128meg card :S mental note to buy my own would be good lol.

you probably answered this all ready so appologise if i'm reapeating a question, just 135 pages is a lot to go through lol.

system update to 4.2 is it better to use your files to update or just update online from nintendo?? i've got mine sitting at 4.0e at the moment.

thanks again for the guide

You can use zektor's Firmware Updater 4.2 to update to 4.2 without losing any functionality or touching your cIOS/boot2.

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't run bannerbomb. It says it wont use fake signed IOS. I used cIOSCORP on this Wii in the past. Any help? Edit: The Wii is on 4.0 and has an older version of HBC installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1