Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok everything has worked well so far. Now I am having an issue installing wads. I have d.l from [email protected]. could not find the modify.zip. So I d.l Newmod.rar for 4.2. when I open wads. I have only IOS70-v6687.wad. The other wads are not in the file I have. Where can I get these files from? I assumed that perhaps the files were condensed in to the one wad file, I attempted to go to the next step and get unable to read tickett, aborting message. Could this be due to the wads not installed? My main ? is where do I get the other wads:IOS202-v4.wad, IOS222-v4.wad
IOS223-v4.wad
IOS249-v14.wad
IOS250-v65535.wad

All help appreciated. I also installed dvdx and can not read discs please help here also.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
resend an email to w/e the email address is NOW on the 1st page, then u will get an email back with download links for the files u need.

if u haven't modded ur wii yet, no duh it doesn't read backup discs. If it still doesn't work after fully modding the wii, it just means u have a new D3-2 chipset and u will have to use usb loading instead (which is better than backup disk loading anyways)

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well I sent a request back to the supplied link and was sent the correct file this time. I will add more if any new problems arise. Thanks alot.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well, All wads installed. Working great. ONLY ISSUE IS DVD PLAYBACK. i HAVE INSTALLED DVDX And still cannot read a dvd. I have done some research to learn conflicting data regarding dvd playback. Some say, That you can only play cerain formats such as avi, some say you can play dvd .vob files with only dvdx. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling dvdx and have followed all other instructions in this guide to no avail. Honestly, the only reason I attempted the softmod was for the dvd playback option. Could someone inform me on what is true regarding dvdx and dvd playback, and if dvd playback is possible, what I need to do . Also, TONS OF APPRECIATION for this guide. Very simple and easy to use.

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
if u haven't modded ur wii yet, no duh it doesn't read backup discs. If it still doesn't work after fully modding the wii, it just means u have a new D3-2 chipset and u will have to use usb loading instead (which is better than backup disk loading anyways)

I am trying to play dvd movies not backups. I have finished the mod now and still no dvd playback. I am a Noob so could you explain to me the usb loading.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what r u using to play dvds? if the answer isn't mplayer_ce, then get mplayer_ce and use that.

usb loaders are meant to play games off of a hard drive, not movies. look into usb loader gx (there are others). There is a ton of info on this, check the stickied threads for wii hacks on this site.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask this, how do I run vc & wiiware games off the sd card menu. I keep getting that "Failed To Launch" message. How do I get the games to boot?
Edit: I'm on 4.2

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
link11510 said:
I hate to ask this, how do I run vc & wiiware games off the sd card menu. I keep getting that "Failed To Launch" message. How do I get the games to boot?
Edit: I'm on 4.2

find and install IOS70 wad that has the trucha bug and the ES_Identify patches and install it.

alternatively, u can install this IOS using a mod of dop ios mod, see the following link for download and instructions
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=183...t&p=2304851

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
mrbudders said:
xflak40 said:
what r u using to play dvds? if the answer isn't mplayer_ce, then get mplayer_ce and use that.

where do I find mplayer_ce I am a noob
All help appreciated

being a noob isn't an excuse
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mplayer_ce
Seriously there's a difference between a noob and someone who didn't try to even Google something as simple as an app. If you even bothered to read the "After Modding" section you would've seen links to Wiibrew.org and the list of Homebrew Applications.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now do I select these two or all 4?
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Edit: Which IOS should I use?
Edit: 2, I rather use the wad installation. But thanks for your help. I will back up my nand in case

mrbudders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off I did google I did go to wiibrew I did see the 15 different mplayer download links. So being a noob and not knowing which one I need, is why I ask. Thank you for all sarcasm included.

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrbudders said:
first off I did google I did go to wiibrew I did see the 15 different mplayer download links. So being a noob and not knowing which one I need, is why I ask. Thank you for all sarcasm included.
We don't know which one you need either. Did you read the links? What language do you want? Italian, Hebrew, German, Dutch, Spanish? If none of them that leaves the last one of the 0.75 version (The latest one obviously) Mplayer CE 0.75. Sorry to sound so blunt but if you had put in the details of "I don't know which one to pick out of all the links" in your prior post, I'm sure xflak40 and myself would have been more understanding. Just saying "where do I find mplayer_ce I am a noob" made it sound like you didn't even try.

hxcmusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, in the last step of Update, where it says to "erase everything from update.zip..." I formatted my SD card. Forever deleting the bootmii folder from it, I have bootmii installed as boot2, I saw it install successfully, but didn't install it as an IOS.

I put the update.zip back on my SD and tried to run the hackmii installer again, but the installer wont run, because I'm on 4.2, which patched that exploit.

What do I need to do to back up my NAND? Is that bootmii folder specific to my Wii?

EDIT: Nevermind, Found Bannerbomb for 4.2 ran and installed as IOS, boot2, and set up SD card in Hackmii. Backing up now. Maybe that part of the tutorial could be rewritten just slightly.

Robo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, first off, thank you for the great post, I can tell by the 136 pages others love it to. I do have a question though. I have updated through the wii wireless to 4.2, and I am looking to go back to 4.1, can I just do the section entitled "4.2 to 4.1"? I already have the HBC installed via bannerbomb.

Thanks

Homebrew Ninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey is ur guide updated from the typos and mismatched files etc? and are the downloaded files up to date? im very cautious with system changes
biggrin.gif
thx for the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat