Modify and Re-sign Wii isos

  • Thread starter Thread starter masud
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 423,189
  • Replies Replies 928
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope the ISO for wii freeloader is upped soon
smile.gif
 
For games that load mp3s off of sd card from wii sd slot:
Might it be possible to edit the system file that contains the instructions for doing this, so that it loads a .dol or other file from the sd card instead?
 
Ok I read everything from page 1 to page 27. Three questions remain :

1- Can I play a backup without any modchip with this ?
2- Can I play a Jap game on a US console ?
3- Can I get all VC games for free ???

Seriously ... Can people learn to read, those questions must fill 17 pages.

That being said, this program looks very promising, if you find something, let people know !!!
 
Ok I read everything from page 1 to page 27. Three questions remain :

1- Can I play a backup without any modchip with this ?
2- Can I play a Jap game on a US console ?
3- Can I get all VC games for free ???

Seriously ... Can people learn to read those questions must fill 17 pages.

That being said, this program looks very promising, if you find something, let people know !!!
Best post ever.
Look at the front page of Gbatemp.
 
I'm been scanning this thread, adn i think i understand what this does. But what do i need to use it? Do i need to mod my console, or will this work without it?
 
Hum... I tried to swap the apploader from Naruto Japanese version to get it working on my PAL wii but the trucha tool seem to have a size limitation, it asks for the source file to be equal or smaller than the targetted file. I suspect naruto wont run on pal wiis because the apploader is an old version that wont handle PAL hence why it is smaller. The newer ones are almost 4KB bigger :/

Anyway I'll let you try your experiments. By the way, do anyone have a proper tool to convert elfs to dols ? Would any gamecube converter work ? I plan on replacing main.dol to run the binary I compiled since I do not have the sd-gecko but I did not have the time to try yet.
 
Nitrobike has a file called NitroBike.LFC which has a lot of self explanatory things to change. Only in the NTSC version though for some reason, it's missing on the PAL image. Unlockables and cheats and stuff.

Code:
TestSound = 1
DisableStreamingSound = 0
DisableFreeCamera = 0
ExtraLongCrashes = 0
ShakeAndRumble = 1
LimitFragDumps = 1
DisableMemShowInfo = 1
NeverDoDemo = 0
DisableRespot = 0
RenderRagDoll = 0
FastLoadShellGlobals = 0
TestFileSystem = 0
CrashOnBrake = 0
FastLoadShellGlobals = 0
ShowBikeCollision = 0
DisableEngineSound = 0
ShowRigidBodies = 0
TestSoccer = 0
DebugCollisionSounds = 0
DrawGoalieAxis = 1
MinCareerLaps = 1
UnlockLevels = 0
AwardAllUnlockables = 0
UnlockablesCheat1 = 0
//CheatAtBowling = 1
ShowTriggerVolumes = 0
EnableActionFreeze = 0
MakePrerecordedGhosts = 0
TestReplayCams = 0
AllowDebugMenu = 1
SkipWristStrapScreen = 1
SkipIntroMovies = 1

AlwaysNewWiFiUser = 0
minlapis0 = 1

DebugRiderAnimations = 0
 
Hey i have a question if later on this program can be used to say make a custom firmware for the wii would it be able to run wii backups or no just asking to see so i can wait instead of just buying a modchip ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News