Hacking Modding Question from someone out of the Scene for a year or so

DMC23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I began to get the ole' Wii itch (dang, that sounds bad :D ) as the amazing Zelda scores started rolling in. That's when I realized that I hadn't hooked up my Wii for a little over a year. It was modded at the time to the current standard, but I would imagine it is really out of date by now. I used to use an all-in-one Mod kit (can't remember the exact name, but it came with step by step instructions). My question is: Is there anything current of this nature (asking for names, not links) to update my Wii to current levels so I can try out Xenoblade (EU) and Zelda SS? If not, what would be the best suggestion for getting my modded system current? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

P.S. System is software modded, NOT hardware modded. I have an original launch system if that affects what I will need.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in the exact boat you are in, just a few days ago.
Here's my suggestion...
Use sysCheck to create a CSV of your current IOS's and cIOS's.
Then, use ModMii (on Windows), and use the "SU" to create the necessary installers, to update your Wii's IOS's.
Be sure you have d2x cIOS v6 or v7 with an IOS 249 base 56 installed (I think ModMii does this for you)
Update your USB Loaders.
I've successfully played the game with the newest releases of WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.

The above is definitely not a step-by-step, but I think you'll be able to figure out the basics in-between.

Good Luck!!

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
I was in the exact boat you are in, just a few days ago.
Here's my suggestion...
Use sysCheck to create a CSV of your current IOS's and cIOS's.
Then, use ModMii (on Windows), and use the "SU" to create the necessary installers, to update your Wii's IOS's.
Be sure you have d2x cIOS v6 or v7 with an IOS 249 base 56 installed (I think ModMii does this for you)
Update your USB Loaders.
I've successfully played the game with the newest releases of WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.

The above is definitely not a step-by-step, but I think you'll be able to figure out the basics in-between.

Good Luck!!

thanks worked for me on a broken dvd wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.