Modding Question from someone out of the Scene for a year or so

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DMC23, Nov 11, 2011.

1. DMC23
    OP

Newcomer DMC23 Member

United States
    I began to get the ole' Wii itch (dang, that sounds bad :D ) as the amazing Zelda scores started rolling in. That's when I realized that I hadn't hooked up my Wii for a little over a year. It was modded at the time to the current standard, but I would imagine it is really out of date by now. I used to use an all-in-one Mod kit (can't remember the exact name, but it came with step by step instructions). My question is: Is there anything current of this nature (asking for names, not links) to update my Wii to current levels so I can try out Xenoblade (EU) and Zelda SS? If not, what would be the best suggestion for getting my modded system current? Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

P.S. System is software modded, NOT hardware modded. I have an original launch system if that affects what I will need.

2. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Xflak's Modmii. Click my signature!

3. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Use ModMii its the simplest way to update your softmod & ios to the latest .

4. TiMeBoMb4u2

Member TiMeBoMb4u2 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I was in the exact boat you are in, just a few days ago.
    Here's my suggestion...
    Use sysCheck to create a CSV of your current IOS's and cIOS's.
    Then, use ModMii (on Windows), and use the "SU" to create the necessary installers, to update your Wii's IOS's.
    Be sure you have d2x cIOS v6 or v7 with an IOS 249 base 56 installed (I think ModMii does this for you)
    Update your USB Loaders.
    I've successfully played the game with the newest releases of WiiFlow and USB Loader GX.

The above is definitely not a step-by-step, but I think you'll be able to figure out the basics in-between.

Good Luck!!

5. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    thanks worked for me on a broken dvd wii.