modchipsdirect

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I'm old school but in my day you never treated a customer poorly no matter how much of a dick they were being. Times have changed.

Having said that, this is shady stuff so anything goes. Insult people's mothers and they will still line up to buy piracy products.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm old school but in my day you never treated a customer poorly no matter how much of a dick they were being. Times have changed.

Having said that, this is shady stuff so anything goes. Insult people's mothers and they will still line up to buy piracy products.
so you're sad because you used to be able to go into stores and be an asshole and got away with it but now you can't? ROFL welcome to the New World Order.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like most of the people complaining about this stuff. Is probably younger aged kids who probably never dealt with this before or bought from overseas & stuff. That's just me tho. Gotta learn to wait.

Shut your moth, I'm probably old as your dad, I just hate shitty service from shady, lazy chinese dealers

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have poor reading comprehension if you managed to get the exact opposite point of what was made.

so a customer could go into a store and be a dick and it's ok. this is what you're saying.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"in my day you never treated a customer poorly no matter how much of a dick they were being." I still don't see how you're relating to the seller with this statement. I never bought into the bs that the customer is always right. I worked retail and there are plenty of people who want to abuse that idea.

brndo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say that I'm happy with the delays or the lack of information/visibility into what was going on.

I can however say that my experience interfacing with MCD via email directly was a perfectly acceptable level of service.

For the record, I grew impatient and had them convert my Pro order to an OS license, which was delivered promptly.

Reactions: Swan1360

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dunno, even as a rare case I find the attitude a bit unnecessary (I'm not saying the buyer wasn't being dickish btw).

I actually would've been more accepting of it had they just said something like they have a zero tolerance policy towards aggressive customers, rather than some weak excuse about lack of sleep or the pressure of being a seller. As if any of that is on the buyer.

TheCarlough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here’s my 2 cents

1. Most of you posting inflammatory comments (to both the OP and to MCD) have likely never worked in customer service. I get that - it’s a tech board.

2. The OP is upset. As a customer he has every right to be. Should he have been as rude as he was to MCD? No. But MCD shouldn’t have cancelled his order w/o confirming that the OP wanted this done.

3. I applaud MCD for posting here. However, he does need to develop his communication skills more. It’s oretty obvious that this is a one-person operation. There’s nothing wrong with that. However, there’s also nothing wrong with customers expecting their orders in a reasonable amount of time and to be communicated with when delays occur.

It’s obvious that once MCD did post to this thread that many customers appreciated it and likely “calmed down”. I personally did.

The morale here is 1. Don’t treat sellers like garbage, they’re people too and 2. MCD should have communicated the delays better.

I hope they both learned the above.

ModDog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone gotten their order from modchipsdirect yet?

If digital order then yes they were very professional and good on them. On the pro kit I don't anyone has gotten a shipping notice yet.

I PM'ed with them and they got them over the weekend but could not pack due to fulfillment center they used they said is only open weekday's. I cannot figure out what is hold up at this point they have product.... just does not go out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo