Hacking Modchip Choices

Martos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I can't make up my mind whether to go for a Cyclowiz or Wiikey modchip. Can anyone point me in the direction of any side by side comparrisons or give their opinion?

Thanks

_Mazza_

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd go for WiiKey, well I did, seems like they offer more support, plus thier next config disk will have emulators and a wii game dumper. You can do these on Wiinja but wiikey just makes it simpler lol.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiip! or Chiip! with OpenWii is probably going to be best in the end.

"Audio fix
Wii/GC region free will be in the next up-coming release." - rhcp @ openwii.org

I wonder if they'll release AudioFix before the WiiKey update :-P

DRACO

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i bought a wiikey recieved it today i havent installed it yet, but my buddie has one and it is wicked cool- all the best features are availible wit this chip-- trust me go witht the wiikey and if u want quality and no f**k ups go with one of the official wiikey resellers from wiilikey.cn dont buy clones XD
ph34r.gif

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
The order of best modchips on the market* goes like this:

1) Wiikey
2) Wiinja Deluxe
3) Cyclowiz

It is important that you realise now that all three essentially do the same things, what differentiates their ranking status is the teams that are behind the chip. So far wiikey was the first to do everything, and other teams copied them. Not only this but they are the first to give you good programs** and firmware.

You really can't go wrong with any of the chips, but because of the team behind wiikey, you'd really be silly not to choose it. btw, like was stated earlier ensure you don't get a clone by looking at the official distributors on their webpage

* when i say "on the market" i don't include DIY modchips
** while its arguable their programs were already created before (emukids GCoS and SD Dumper were out before Wiikeys) the team puts it all on a nice and easy to use package.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I ordered a WiiKey from www.modchipfitters.com yesterday. Its a uk site , they have the WiiKey in stock and the site is advertised on www.wiikey.cn - what more do you want? I have already recieved an email to say that its been shipped, so now all I can do is wait with my soldering iron in my hand ready!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it