Mod a new Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Abernus, Oct 31, 2011.

Oct 31, 2011

Mod a new Wii by Abernus at 6:01 PM (543 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Abernus
    OP

Newcomer Abernus Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I was wondring if someone could help me. A friend of mine is looking to buy a new Wii and they want it moded. Now I have done old Wii's and updated already moded Wii's. But I doin't know what firmware is loaded on a new Wii. Please can someone who knows advise me.

Thanks.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    System menu version doesn't matter, you can softmod all Wiis with almost the same method.

1 person likes this.
  3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    4.2 or below: use bannerbomb
    4.3 (latest as of now): use letterbomb.

Also: don't take it the wrong way, but I wouldn't trust a new wii in the hands of someone who cannot find out what the latest firmware is. Or cannot even write "modded" properly. Please do your homework before doing something, will you? It ain't that hard. And though there are some updates (modmii has become the swiss army knife of wii hacking: it does everything you want it to...and order pizza).

4. Abernus
    OP

Newcomer Abernus Member

United Kingdom
    tj_cool thanks you very much for you help :D

Don't take this the wrong way but please don't assume something that you know nothing about. If you read my original post I did mod WIi's many moons ago and I have recently updated them with using the guides on this forum (using ModMii). So I would thank you to keep you views of what I can and can't do to yourself. As for spelling mistakes sorry Mr. perfect I assume you never spell anything wrong.

5. bseos

Newcomer bseos Advanced Member

Australia
    looks like you did take it the wrong way,,

6. FireGrey

Member FireGrey Undercover Admin

Australia
    It should have 4.3 on it.
    I just softmodded my neighbours new wii a few days ago, it was great but he wanted to run backups (He has a 600gb Hard Drive) so it was tough installing a cIOS, i eventually figured out that I need to use Simple Patch Installer on it to install a homebrew friendly version of IOS 36 in slot 236.
    I didn't need to teach him anything as he only wants to play backups, possibly watch movies on his Hard Drive aswell...
    But I suggest you tell your friend everything you're doing, that way he will be more smart with what he's doing, my friend taught me about wii hacking back at like fw 3.6 or something and it was easy, but I had no idea what I was doing and why some things weren't working.