Hacking Mod a new Wii

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I was wondring if someone could help me. A friend of mine is looking to buy a new Wii and they want it moded. Now I have done old Wii's and updated already moded Wii's. But I doin't know what firmware is loaded on a new Wii. Please can someone who knows advise me.

Thanks.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
4.2 or below: use bannerbomb
4.3 (latest as of now): use letterbomb.

Also: don't take it the wrong way, but I wouldn't trust a new wii in the hands of someone who cannot find out what the latest firmware is. Or cannot even write "modded" properly. Please do your homework before doing something, will you? It ain't that hard. And though there are some updates (modmii has become the swiss army knife of wii hacking: it does everything you want it to...and order pizza).

Abernus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool thanks you very much for you help :D

Also: don't take it the wrong way, but I wouldn't trust a new wii in the hands of someone who cannot find out what the latest firmware is. Or cannot even write "modded" properly. Please do your homework before doing something, will you? It ain't that hard. And though there are some updates (modmii has become the swiss army knife of wii hacking: it does everything you want it to...and order pizza).
Don't take this the wrong way but please don't assume something that you know nothing about. If you read my original post I did mod WIi's many moons ago and I have recently updated them with using the guides on this forum (using ModMii). So I would thank you to keep you views of what I can and can't do to yourself. As for spelling mistakes sorry Mr. perfect I assume you never spell anything wrong.

bseos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool thanks you very much for you help :D
Don't take this the wrong way but please don't assume something that you know nothing about. If you read my original post I did mod WIi's many moons ago and I have recently updated them with using the guides on this forum (using ModMii). So I would thank you to keep you views of what I can and can't do to yourself. As for spelling mistakes sorry Mr. perfect I assume you never spell anything wrong.

looks like you did take it the wrong way,,

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It should have 4.3 on it.
I just softmodded my neighbours new wii a few days ago, it was great but he wanted to run backups (He has a 600gb Hard Drive) so it was tough installing a cIOS, i eventually figured out that I need to use Simple Patch Installer on it to install a homebrew friendly version of IOS 36 in slot 236.
I didn't need to teach him anything as he only wants to play backups, possibly watch movies on his Hard Drive aswell...
But I suggest you tell your friend everything you're doing, that way he will be more smart with what he's doing, my friend taught me about wii hacking back at like fw 3.6 or something and it was easy, but I had no idea what I was doing and why some things weren't working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo