Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

jimjam1210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you figured out how to set it up just fine, but you didn't read the precautions. Really CBHC is all you need. The default boot menu option will work fine for installing and launching games. Make sure you block updates (just in case Nintendo releases one) and don't format the system like last time. The new version won't even allow you to delete or move the Haxchi'd title as long as you use the default boot option. You shouldn't need Mocha CFW if you use CBHC.

im still lost with it all could you pm me please id really appreciate the help i have a completely blank new fresh system with 5.5.1 what do i need on this to make games run im lost really so much info lot of it also old

Last edited by jimjam1210,

AdmiralSpeedy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the info. I created something hopefully passable with these parameters. PNG peview of the image is cut to the gamepad dimensions. The extra size of the texture in this case might just be that: Texturing things. I sometimes dealt with 2D game assets and those too usually are larger than the display size and I am still not sure of the reasons myself, but there probably is some.

Anyway:
XTnggM9.png

TGA with hopefully all right parameters attached.

EDIT: If Dimok wants actually to take this I will add that yes, it is completely OK I do not even need credit or anything this post is enough or whatever.
If someone wants some of these files and such that I used/generated I can share a PSD or some PNG's if you want them. (I for one, spent lots of time getting the Wii U Icon down)

Lol what is that image in my quote...?

Also, how did you get GBATemp to accept a zip? It literally will only accept normal images like PNG and JPEG for me.

TheNintendoEnthusiast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use this for Sysnand CFW? I have ColdBoot Haxchi Installed and now I get Sysnand CFW (which is awesome) I am looking into autobooting this, but I was wondering if that is possible

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I use this for Sysnand CFW? I have ColdBoot Haxchi Installed and now I get Sysnand CFW (which is awesome) I am looking into autobooting this, but I was wondering if that is possible
You don't need to use Mocha if you already have CBHC. They use the same patches.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TotalInsanity4 or @VinsCool How do I use Mocha one I load it up? I'm trying to load it via HBL to gain access to the libfat versions of RetroArch, but I don't want to screw anything up and I don't know what options to choose, I know, pathetic, but I need help >.<
I haven't powered up my Wii U since before Haxchi came out, sadly. I'm gonna mess around with it Christmas break though

From what I understand you can trigger a config menu by holding a button while Mocha is booting, otherwise it's literally just like using sys or rednand

Reactions: the_randomizer

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@TotalInsanity4 or @VinsCool How do I use Mocha one I load it up? I'm trying to load it via HBL to gain access to the libfat versions of RetroArch, but I don't want to screw anything up and I don't know what options to choose, I know, pathetic, but I need help >.<
Hold b botton while booting mocha and disable expert settings and rednand.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mocha will automatically apply the required patches for libfat regardless of the settings. You can't really go wrong with it.
Well, that's just it, I loaded it from HBL and I got the expert menu, since I don't have CBCH installed yet.

Hold b botton while booting mocha and disable expert settings and rednand.
Will keep that in mine next time I load it up, one of these days I'll install CBCH once I have a second exploitable VC game on NAND.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Lol what is that image in my quote...?

Also, how did you get GBATemp to accept a zip? It literally will only accept normal images like PNG and JPEG for me.
The image I thought was self explanatory - just fun way to put "-snip-" into the thing.
As for GBAtemp accepting zip? I dunno I just put my TGA into one and uploaded it it took it fine, and people have uploaded RAR files too I dunno what it is really. Maybe, just guessing here, thing you can do only if you been around for certain while, have a certain post count, etc. I forget my account here is ancient in some standards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?