Miyamoto on F-Zero: "I thought people had grown weary of it"

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I did actually like Corruption (or the Metroid Prime Trillogy to name the three).

but OT.
I remember the gamecube version of F-zero being called: one of the best racing games of all times (in terms of gameplay, controll etc.).
WTF, why wouldn't you make more of those?!?!?!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Actually, there's also the Japanese arcade version, F-Zero AX so there's six all together. :P
Well, assuming that the average consumer cannot afford to put an arcade machine in their living room, I'd count that one as an exception from the general rule... but yes, I see your point. :P

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure more F Zero games will happen. Just with the Wii, DS and 3DS there has been nothing about there abilities which would really work on an F Zero game

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, there's also the Japanese arcade version, F-Zero AX so there's six all together. :P
AX was unlockable in GX and ran on the same engine and everything, it was only a track/character expansion which is not enough to classify it as it's own game. The arcade was just GX with everything unlocked.

KinGamer7

Trophies
XP
Country
"I thought people had grown weary of it."

Gabe will say the same thing about Half Life 3.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wow, cool story Miyamoto.

Since the SNES game, you guys released F-Zero X (N64), F-Zero: Maximum Velocity (GBA, worldwide release), F-Zero: GP Legend (GBA, worldwide release), F-Zero GX (Gamecube) and F-Zero: Climax (GBA, Japanese Exclusive), it's five games.

In the meantime, you released a bajikajizillion Mario games and a quadrillion of Pokemon games, but it's F-Zero that people grew weary of.

>Thinks people grow weary of a franchise after 5 releases.
>Releases 20+ Mario games in a streak.

Yes because one game/franchise automatically has the same longevity as another

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Everything should work. If not, replace the batteries, and don't use cheaper alkalines.