ijustwannaplaywii

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We we all know the beloved fighting game series known as the punch out! games last installment was released on the Wii in 2009 and two consoles later and we haven’t had a new punch out game in almost 14 years and not a single port of the punch out games has happened apart from virtual console and the Nintendo Switch online emulators and we are beginning to wonder when the next punch out game is coming and IF it is coming I personally believe it is not coming for a li g list of reasons such as reason one: non endorse is a family friendly company and they have stopped the franchise because it is a fighting game and was last rated T for teens and older by ESRB however Nintendo has had many T rated games before such as most Metroid games and the majority of smash bros games in station to twilight princess however Nintendo hasn’t made a T rated game in a long time so the chances of another one is unlikely in this society that claims video games cause violence even though these claims have no evidence or proof and it is likely Nintendo doesn’t want to risk it image of being family friendly in a age that makes it dangerously easy to make a massive boycott of anything and can bankrupt massive corporations at an alarming rate and Nintendo is known not to take risks big or small and leads us to reason 2: the punch out series has been declining since it’s start however the first two were mildly popular however it has faded and become less known than kid Icarus series
And Nintendo won’t take a risk for a series very few people care about because of it financial risks
In conclusion I hope you don’t care about punch out

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried to make it a little easier to read for you...

We all know the beloved fighting game series known as the punch out games. The last installment was released on the Wii in 2009 and two consoles later, we haven’t had a new punch out game. Almost 14 years. Not a single port of the punch out series has happened apart from virtual console and the Nintendo Switch online emulator. We are beginning to wonder when the next punch out game is coming and IF it is coming.

I personally believe it is not coming for a list of reasons such as reason one: non endorse is a family friendly company and they have stopped the franchise because it is a fighting game. It was last rated T for teens and older by ESRB, however Nintendo has had many T rated games before, such as most Metroid games. The majority of smash bros games in station to twilight princess however, Nintendo hasn’t made a T rated game in a long time, so the chances of another one is unlikely in this society that claims video games cause violence. These claims have no evidence or proof, and it is likely Nintendo doesn’t want to risk it's image of being family friendly, in a age that makes it dangerously easy to make a massive boycott of anything. It can bankrupt massive corporations at an alarming rate and Nintendo is known not to take risks big or small.

This leads us to reason 2: the punch out series has been declining since it’s start, however the first two were mildly popular, It has faded and become less known than the kid Icarus series. Nintendo won’t take a risk for a series very few people care about, because of it's financial risks. In conclusion I hope you don’t care about punch out

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Hayato213
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Dread and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 were both rated T and released recently, so the “Nintendo refuses to make T rated games” isn’t a valid argument. That and it would be very easy to make Punch Out E+10 if they really didn’t want to make it T.
Also If Nintendo didn’t want to endorse fighting games why did they push Arms so hard during the first year of the Switch and continue to make Smash Bros games?

Honestly I agree with your last point. The series has never really been huge after the original Mike Tyson’s Punch Out, and there just isn’t much of an audience anymore.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Metroid Dread and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 were both rated T and released recently, so the “Nintendo refuses to make T rated games” isn’t a valid argument.
I would counter that argument by saying Metroid Dread was made by Mercury Steam and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 by Monolith Soft so yes Nintendo doesn't make rated T games.

Sure they may publish them but they don't make them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)