Homebrew Mixjoy Project

Wolvenreign

Transhuman Satanist Furry Technocrat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm an aspiring young programmer/systems administrator with no formal education, only what information is given over the internet. I've always been a self-learner, so this wouldn't be a problem, except...

I don't really have a good project to work on so my skills would actually improve. I can't learn if I can't apply my knowledge to something.

One thing I've been thinking about when I take my Cyclo to the pot is how nice it would be to play a whole bunch of DS games all at once, in a style not unlike WarioWare. A small, fifteen second session of each game.

Imagine, for example, speeding through a section of Sonic Rush, followed immediately by a wave of enemies in any Castlevania DS.

I was wondering if creating such a thing would be possible. Perhaps as a homebrew application in and of itself, or a feature of a flashcart.

What do you all think? Should I try such an ambitious project for my first time programming something?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On a PC it would be great but the DS is really really not made for multitasking.

You might be able to rig something up with savestates although you would also have to have access to the backend of the flash cart to change where it points to for the rest of the game binary (so something open source unless you really want to play hacker).

Personally unless you want to spend ages replicating the look and feel of the commercial games your own spin on Retro Game Challenge would work. Better yet with DLDI switching between files is trivial.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o