Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

hosseinXmaria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi everybody . why i cant connect my xbox x controller . im using 12.0.3 firmware and 0.19.4 atmos and i installded the last missio0n controller and the patch

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi everybody . why i cant connect my xbox x controller . im using 12.0.3 firmware and 0.19.4 atmos and i installded the last missio0n controller and the patch
Assuming you mean Xbox Series X controller? Those use a different bluetooth standard (LE) that isn't currently supported.

Reactions: MUDD_BR

themosteve

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Is there a setting for vibration level (rumble)? i think it's too low compared controller connect to real console or pc
I use xbox one controller

Lula20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, do you know if it is compatible with system firmware 12.0.3 and atmosphere 19.4? Ever since I updated them I can't boot into emunand, it just stays in a black screen after atmosphere logo. It doesn't even show any error

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, do you know if it is compatible with system firmware 12.0.3 and atmosphere 19.4? Ever since I updated them I can't boot into emunand, it just stays in a black screen after atmosphere logo. It doesn't even show any error
Yes, the latest pre-release is compatible. Make sure you've downloaded the correct one under releases, as the pre-releases don't show up on the main github page. Boot issues due to an incompatible mission control version usually give an error message though, so a plain black screen may indicate a different problem.

brynts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, the latest pre-release is compatible. Make sure you've downloaded the correct one under releases, as the pre-releases don't show up on the main github page. Boot issues due to an incompatible mission control version usually give an error message though, so a plain black screen may indicate a different problem.

I got black screen after atmos logo..
12.1.0 + atmos 19.5

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I got black screen after atmos logo..
12.1.0 + atmos 19.5
Are you booting with fusee primary? Try the recompiled version I posted here. There seems to be another issue with atmosphere where booting fails with fusee due to some API version check, but succeeds with hekate because hekate only configures the major firmware revision number. I'm still trying to figure out whether this warrants yet another release or if it's something that should be fixed in atmosphere.

Reactions: brynts

brynts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Are you booting with fusee primary? Try the recompiled version I posted here. There seems to be another issue with atmosphere where booting fails with fusee due to some API version check, but succeeds with hekate because hekate only configures the major firmware revision number. I'm still trying to figure out whether this warrants yet another release or if it's something that should be fixed in atmosphere.

yes, I’m using fusee-primary, thank you very much, it works :yayps3:

IliasM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hi @ndeadly

First, I'd like to thank you for creating this little miracle of a module.
I've updated my deepsea today, as well as the firmware to 12.1.0 (AMS 19.5)

I've been previously using my DS4 controller just fine. However since this update, it isn't detected anymore.
I've deleted the database and attempted to connect the controller from scratch, but still, it isn't detected.

Does it have something to do with the new firmware, or can you suggest a fix?

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Nevermind, I tried a tenth time right after creating this post, and it worked!

Last edited by IliasM,

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @ndeadly

First, I'd like to thank you for creating this little miracle of a module.
I've updated my deepsea today, as well as the firmware to 12.1.0 (AMS 19.5)

I've been previously using my DS4 controller just fine. However since this update, it isn't detected anymore.
I've deleted the database and attempted to connect the controller from scratch, but still, it isn't detected.

Does it have something to do with the new firmware, or can you suggest a fix?

Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Nevermind, I tried a tenth time right after creating this post, and it worked!
Glad you've got it working. Some DS4 controllers, especially the older ones can be stubborn to get to pair. I've never had much in the way of issues with mine (though one is more reliable than the other), but I have seen several youtube videos suggesting that resetting the controller with the button on the back can improve your likelihood of success. Might be worth keeping in mind if you have issues in the future. I also get the impression that pairing has been ever so slightly less reliable since 12.0.0, but I could just be imagining it

Last edited by ndeadly,

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reactions: ndeadly

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Whoa that was fast,confirmed working again,thank you so much bro

Also i didn't know pro controllers had vibration,is a little bit strong so I recommend to dissable this on the settings if anyone plans to use wii u pro controllers

Again thank you so much bro,you are the best :yayu::yayswitch:
Thanks, no problem. I'm happy Wii controllers are finally working again after all the time I spent on it. I can finally go back to working on new features.

Yeah, the thing with the Wii/WiiU controllers is that they have no concept of rumble intensity. It's just motor on or off. Different intensities can be achieved by pulsing the motors on and off at different rates, but this is not so trivial to do when we are merely intercepting and translating packets rather than being the actual driver. I will look into it eventually, but I have my fears that running threads to do this may also chew up a bunch of CPU resources

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seeing how I just got an Xbox Sex controller, this thread is highly interesting to me. :P
Those won't work just yet. They use the newer Bluetooth LE standard which isn't really supported in HOS outside of the pokeball plus. I need to put in some real work to get BLE going, rather than just tricking Nintendo's existing code to handle things like I do for other controllers.

Reactions: MUDD_BR and jesus96

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those won't work just yet. They use the newer Bluetooth LE standard which isn't really supported in HOS outside of the pokeball plus. I need to put in some real work to get BLE going, rather than just tricking Nintendo's existing code to handle things like I do for other controllers.
Yeah, I know. I'm watching the thread, and waiting. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning