Homebrew RELEASE MissionControl: Use controllers from other consoles natively via Bluetooth

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how do I get my wii u remotes to work on my modded switch again? I have mission controll installed already
the controller was previously paired but i forgot how to do it

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how do I get my wii u remotes to work on my modded switch again? I have mission controll installed already
the controller was previously paired but i forgot how to do it
Open the Change Grip/Order screen and hit the red sync button on the controller. Wii/WiiU controllers can also store two pairings on them, so it's possible you don't even need to re-pair

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Open the Change Grip/Order screen and hit the red sync button on the controller. Wii/WiiU controllers can also store two pairings on them, so it's possible you don't even need to re-pair
i tried that buddy it didnt work the lights on the wii u controller are flashing but nothing happens on the switch

what could I be doing wrong?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i tried that buddy it didnt work the lights on the wii u controller are flashing but nothing happens on the switch

what could I be doing wrong?
Wii U Pro controllers have a little pinhole button underneath you could try resetting the controller with. Also make sure mission control is installed correctly, including bluetooth patches in the exefs_patches directory. These are required to pair Wii/WiiU devices. You could also try deleting the controller directories from /config/MissionControl/controllers (or the entire directory if you're not sure which are the Wii U ones). Sometimes these get corrupted MC will disconnect controllers where it can't read the config info.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wii U Pro controllers have a little pinhole button underneath you could try resetting the controller with. Also make sure mission control is installed correctly, including bluetooth patches in the exefs_patches directory. These are required to pair Wii/WiiU devices. You could also try deleting the controller directories from /config/MissionControl/controllers (or the entire directory if you're not sure which are the Wii U ones). Sometimes these get corrupted MC will disconnect controllers where it can't read the config info.
So to be clear it is the wii u remote

how do I ensure that mission control is actually running properly again?

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So to be clear it is the wii u remote

how do I ensure that mission control is actually running properly again?
There is no "Wii U Remote", it's either a Wii U Pro Controller, or a Wii Remote. Only the Pro Controller has the button. For the remote you can probably remove the batteries for the same effect.

You can check Mission Control is running by connecting your left joycon via Bluetooth and pressing MINUS + DPAD_UP. This should activate the combo for the capture button and take a screenshot.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is no "Wii U Remote", it's either a Wii U Pro Controller, or a Wii Remote. Only the Pro Controller has the button. For the remote you can probably remove the batteries for the same effect.

You can check Mission Control is running by connecting your left joycon via Bluetooth and pressing MINUS + DPAD_UP. This should activate the combo for the capture button and take a screenshot.

ok it is the wii remote
im sure it worked before

I tried that combination of keys and nothing happens - where do I need to do that on the main switch screen?

i just remember that there was a screen with options on there and you were able to see bluetooth services and disable/enable.
Post automatically merged:

ok edit I found that menu and it says mission control is ON

therefore I will need to remove them profiles as mentioned previously

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok it is the wii remote
im sure it worked before

I tried that combination of keys and nothing happens - where do I need to do that on the main switch screen?

i just remember that there was a screen with options on there and you were able to see bluetooth services and disable/enable.
Post automatically merged:

ok edit I found that menu and it says mission control is ON

therefore I will need to remove them profiles as mentioned previously
The sysmodules overlay menu doesn't actually know whether the module is running or not, it just checks/toggles the flag that tells atmosphere the sysmodule should be loaded.

It sounds to me like Mission Control isn't running. Try fixing the archive bits in hekate.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The sysmodules overlay menu doesn't actually know whether the module is running or not, it just checks/toggles the flag that tells atmosphere the sysmodule should be loaded.

It sounds to me like Mission Control isn't running. Try fixing the archive bits in hekate.

ok I am now running archive bit fix in hekate,..... taking a while idk what this is going to do
bit worried

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok I am now running archive bit fix in hekate,..... taking a while idk what this is going to do
bit worried
Don't worry, it just scans your sd card for files and directories with the archive bit set and unsets it. The more you have on your card the more it will have to scan.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sweet thanks I just did an upgrade to the latest mission control version and now the wii remote works

thanks.

I was really worried about my hekate version how do I even find it out? Otherwise my console would have crashed on boot

Reactions: ndeadly

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Thanks again @ndeadly
Just a request in future update to charge PS3 controller while connected wired on docked. Since I can only charge my PS3 controller through PC. And when the controller is connected on my switch docked. Sometimes it charge but most of the time not.
Anyway thanks again.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks again @ndeadly
Just a request in future update to charge PS3 controller while connected wired on docked. Since I can only charge my PS3 controller through PC. And when the controller is connected on my switch docked. Sometimes it charge but most of the time not.
Anyway thanks again.
This is not something I can control with software. If the controller is connected to a USB port and thinks it can charge, then it will charge. This can depend on the cable used and also the USB port itself too.

What are you basing your judgement on whether it's charging or not on? If you're going by the charging symbol shown in the Switch controller menu, this may not actually be correct. I'm pretty sure I'm setting it with mission control, but if you use sys-con also it's possible that isn't setting it correctly when connecting via USB.

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
This is not something I can control with software. If the controller is connected to a USB port and thinks it can charge, then it will charge. This can depend on the cable used and also the USB port itself too.

What are you basing your judgement on whether it's charging or not on? If you're going by the charging symbol shown in the Switch controller menu, this may not actually be correct. I'm pretty sure I'm setting it with mission control, but if you use sys-con also it's possible that isn't setting it correctly when connecting via USB.
previously when ps3 controller is not yet supported. I can charge my ps3 controller while in docked. Now it's no longer charging once it was sync on my switch. It'll only charge from switch docked when I connected the ps3 controller back from PC.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
previously when ps3 controller is not yet supported. I can charge my ps3 controller while in docked. Now it's no longer charging once it was sync on my switch. It'll only charge from switch docked when I connected the ps3 controller back from PC.
As I asked before, how do you determine whether it's charging or not on the Switch?

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
As I asked before, how do you determine whether it's charging or not on the Switch?
Oh. It's blinking. Just a regular charging displayed by the ps3 controller. It's only charging when the controller is no longer sync. But once it's sync, it'll just blink once when its connected to switch in docked. And whenever I use the PS3 wirelessly then plug in into the switch wired. It will disconnect and then blink once.

ndeadly

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What do you mean by in sync? Connected via bluetooth? What I'm getting at here is that the LEDs on the controller and charging indicator on the console can be controlled via software. This doesn't necessarily mean the contoller isn't being charged. That's all negotiated at the hardware level, AFAIK. You may still have a valid point, I'm just trying to get all the facts straight.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT