MiniOnlineStore.com - DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by ZeroK66, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009

MiniOnlineStore.com - DSTT by ZeroK66 at 10:12 AM (948 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ZeroK66
    OP

Newcomer ZeroK66 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

I am really struggling here. I got my DSTT from minionlinestore.com as they were a site that was mentioned as providing evaluation equipment to gbatemp - so I assumed they must be reputable & known in the community. I placed an order with them for my DSTT and a few extras. They turned up after a couple of weeks.

The DSTT unfortunately suffered from poor contact issue & so I emailed their support. 3-4 weeks later with no joy I logged a complaint with PayPal. They responded instantly asking me to send it back to them which I did (recorded post). Since then - it has gone dead. Nothing, I cannot do anything with paypal as the issue has closed with them & as per usual they are not responding to emails. I have emailed their support & cc'd their paypal email address... tried it all.

Does anyone here on GBATemp have contacts with minionlinestore?

Any help appreciated...

Thanks,

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm afraid you're not making much sense, which is probably why MiniOnlineStore isn't responding to you.

What do you mean the DSTT suffered from poor contrast issues? You mean your Nintendo DS has poor contrast? It sounds as though you have the brightness set too low (assuming you have a Nintendo DS Lite). You can change the brightness from within the DSTT menu, so maybe you accidentally set it too low or don't know how to set it brighter.

What do you mean "it has gone dead?" What has gone dead? If you returned your DSTT, how could it have gone dead? Or are you talking about your Nintendo DS? If your Nintendo DS died after you returned the DSTT, it probably has nothing to do with the DSTT. You need to contact Nintendo to get it fixed or replaced.

-Bri

3. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States

Everything that he stated makes perfect sense. READ what he said. He didn't say "contrast", he said "contact" (as in the part of the cartridge that connects to the DS and through which the data is sent back and forth). Also, when he stated that "it has gone dead", he means that the company isn't responding to his emails; as in his line of communication with the retailer has "gone dead" ever since he sent the cartridge back.

I would say chalk this up to a learning experience, Zero. Sorry it happened to you, it sucks, but these sorts of things have to happen to someone for the rest of us to know to stay away (no consolation, I understand).

4. Bri

United States
    Oh, you're right. That makes a lot more sense! I misread.

As for "it has gone dead" that would have a different meaning in the U.S., so I'm going to forgive myself for misunderstanding that one (if that's what he meant).

@ZeroK66: My apologies. Did you pay with a credit card? If so, you might try filing a complaint with your credit card company. Usually, they'll issue a refund immediately while they investigate. I've had to do that before.

-Bri

5. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States

Uhhh...I live in the US and I understood what he meant just fine. [​IMG]

Half of reading is in the context, my friend. [​IMG]

--

6. Bri

United States
    The OP said:

It's not unreasonable to assume that the word "it" in the second sentence refers to the same thing as "it" in the previous sentence.

Nonetheless, I already admitted to and apologized for misreading his post. I now understand what he meant. Enough said.

-Bri

7. ZeroK66
    OP

Newcomer ZeroK66 Newbie

United Kingdom
    Thanks for your amusing replies guys... sorry if my wording was not the best. It was typed up late one evening - I am sure I could have been clearer.

I was hoping someone here had contact with minionlinestore as I see they have offered products up to the site for evaluation & reviews. They are mentioned on the site too by quite a few people.

I hope at the very least this tarnishes their name, I would of course prefer a resolution...

8. Bri

United States
    ZeroK66, did you pay by credit card?

-Bri