Mini SD Cards

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by harryorgans, Apr 17, 2012.

1. harryorgans
    OP

harryorgans Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2012
    Canada
    Hello All,

I've been having trouble trying to find a good Mini SD card to use with the EZ Flash IV. I'm up in Canada and although I've found a few on US sites, they won't ship to Canada. Anyone have a good spot to purchase them from?

Thanks!

Harryorgans

2. mjax

mjax GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2010
    Since they are out of production, they are not easy to find. I used a little brain to acquire mine.

I just got delivered 2x2GBs Transcend Mini SD cards from eBay.... What I did was that I found out which old models of cellphones use Mini SD card. Then I went and searched for those cellphones on eBay, I found out a few sellers who bundled Mini SD cards with their phones. Then I wrote a nice and gentle message asking them if they would like to sell their card separately. Lucky for me, one seller agreed and gave me his contact number, I called up and he asked me, "How many do you want?". I said, "1, maybe 2" (I thought I should keep one in spare) He asked for a price, I quoted and then he agreed.

I have the cards now. :)

Edit: If you liked my way of it and want to try your luck. Here is a list that I used: http://www.phonegg.com/List/miniSD-Cell-Phones.html

Hint: Nokia phones

3. harryorgans
    OP

harryorgans Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2012
    Canada
    Thanks - that's really helpful - I'll give that a try for sure.

4. harryorgans
    OP

harryorgans Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2012
    Canada
    For others looking - I ended up calling Tiger Direct and they actually have a supplier they can still get them from, even though they don't stock them. It's $14.99 (CAD) for a 2GB card.

5. skaman

skaman Member

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2003
    I got mine from Amazon.