Homebrew Minecraft

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that can be done in Minecraft seems Very plausible to be seen ported on the Wii as some homebrew channel... And it just sounds absolutely orgasmic.

QueenKong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It runs on every computer so I think it's definitly something possible ! But by the way, I think it wouldn't be very useful...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
saison said:
Everything that can be done in Minecraft seems Very plausible to be seen ported on the Wii as some homebrew channel... And it just sounds absolutely orgasmic.
I'm not sure the Wii could handle the massive, infinitely developing world.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft is programmed like shit. It's incredibly inefficient, the author SHOULD rewrite it entirely, and he knows this, but unfortunately it's at the stage where that's not possible given his limited time and manpower.

A port will not work on the Wii, it'd need to be made from scratch.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Minecraft is a commercial game which is still in current development. If Notch was going to port it to the Wii why would it be homebrew? It would be WiiWare at the very least. Also it would have to be 'Final' before Nintendo would even consider it.

Category

Trainee Romhacker
Trophies
Website
masseffectzero.blogspot.co.uk
XP
Country
But it's also just a Java app. All that would need to be done was to port a Java Runtime Engine to the Wii. This is much more possible, but may not have a high enough performance to run minecraft. Or deal with it's massive dynamic world, as BobTheJoeBob pointed out.

I believe getting the thing running is possible, but getting it to run in a playable state might not be.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Minecraft is programmed like shit. It's incredibly inefficient, the author SHOULD rewrite it entirely, and he knows this, but unfortunately it's at the stage where that's not possible given his limited time and manpower.

I guess that is why it is still in BETA

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireGrey said:
Rydian said:

I guess that is why it is still in BETA
Yet Beta doesn't mean he's going to re-write it's code. He's just gonna try and improve it as much as possible, although I would have no idea how well or crappily it's coded, so I have no argument (: As for it being WiiWare, there's no guarantee the game will ever be finished, and I can guarantee Nintendo wouldn't want any GOOD indie games in it's collection...

Except Cave Story, but their franchise was getting a bit under the weather. Especially since no new games are even really being released as of late...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it would work. As people said, this game is still in beta stages and still needs lots of work. It would better just to make it from scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-